Balogun injury

Evening Times are reporting he got hooked at half time as he couldn’t cope with St Johnstone’s front man. Absolutely clueless

There comes a point where newspapers just shouldn't be mentioned on here or any Rangers social media channels (club based or fan media) at all.

You wouldn't take heed of the town drunk rambling at your in the street after his 2nd bottle of whisky for the day.

These sort of comments in the press carry the same level of worth.

They're still taken at some sort of value as far as comments on Rangers go. They should be entirely blanked from our thoughts.

From press conference he is out for the Livingston game, waiting on the results of a scan, problem with his quad.

Hopefully we are not about to suffer the reason he is available on a free.

I genuinely can't believe people are calling for Edmundson to start over Helander
Just back form a longterm knee injury struggled in that surface last year. I'd go for Edmundson just as a precaution on that surface with a guy just coming back from injury who had to miss weeks of pre season because he picked up a minor knock probably linked to his longterm absence.

Just back form a longterm knee injury struggled in that surface last year. I'd go for Edmundson just as a precaution on that surface with a guy just coming back from injury who had to miss weeks of pre season because he picked up a minor knock probably linked to his longterm absence.
Edmundson is pretty weak in the air and looked totally lost against a physical Hearts team, very dodgy passing too.

Helander had one bad half on that pitch and that's it, if he is fit then he plays, he is our best defender.

Must just be me who thought edmundson lost the ball constantly during pre season.

Defensively he’s good, but on the ball I’m shutting my eyes.

Lost possession countless times, best sticking with a match fit helander.
I don’t think it’s just you, hence the reason the gaffer bought another centre half and George appears once again to be 4th choice.
He is a good squad player but a level below our other 3. 4 if you include Katic.

Probably no point risking him at Livingston.
I wouldnt play him regardless of how he feels.

Could be confirmation bias, but it seems more often than not when a player has a tight whatever, then plays the next game, he ends up out for 6 weeks to 6 months.

Helander dealt with Dykes just fine the 2nd time he played at Livingston.

It only took him 90 minutes to get used to that carpet of a pitch and he was ideal on it.

It's taken Barisic a year to find his form since he signed with us.

Let's not write off a Swedish international because he struggled a wee bit on a new park against an unfamiliar player.
Just re read my post and no one was written off.
I will respect what ever player selections SG makes and if its Helander then great.
Hope that whatever team goes down this season its one of the plastic pitch ones. Never seen a good game on one yet.

Helander hasn't had a long term knee injury. He suffered a foot injury in the cup final, apparently a very rare injury admittedly, and had returned to full training before Covid ended the season early. He suffered a small knock in preseason that left him out a couple of weeks.

As for his previous performance on the Livi pitch; look back at his last game there, the 2-0 win, where he was absolutely solid and had Dykes in his pocket the whole game.

Had Balogun been fit I think he would have played this weekend given the talk of Livi being physical but clearly Helander will come in and play instead. Folk making a drama out of nothing. We're swapping one experienced quality centre half for another. What a great problem to have.

Helander hasn't had a long term knee injury. He suffered a foot injury in the cup final, apparently a very rare injury admittedly, and had returned to full training before Covid ended the season early. He suffered a small knock in preseason that left him out a couple of weeks.

As for his previous performance on the Livi pitch; look back at his last game there, the 2-0 win, where he was absolutely solid and had Dykes in his pocket the whole game.

Had Balogun been fit I think he would have played this weekend given the talk of Livi being physical but clearly Helander will come in and play instead. Folk making a drama out of nothing. We're swapping one experienced quality centre half for another. What a great problem to have.
Don't know why I thought it was knee. To be fair that was back in December lots happened this year to make an old man like me forget. Main point still stands longterm injury and niggles in pre season probably linked to long term injury and coming back means I wouldn't risk him on that surface. Edmundson had a good pre season and can feel a bit unlucky to be dropped.

Just re read my post and no one was written off.
I will respect what ever player selections SG makes and if its Helander then great.
Hope that whatever team goes down this season its one of the plastic pitch ones. Never seen a good game on one yet.

Not saying it was you in particular but the general tone of the thread was going that way in places.

I don't know that Edmundson's strength is a particular asset when compared to what Helander offers overall.

It seems that one single incident (a long ball over the top where he fouled Dykes and could have been - but wasn't - sent off) is being used to form the basis of an entire argument as to why he's "ropey" ignoring literally all the positives since that moment.

That's what I was meaing about writing him off. It's amazing how one thing sticks in people's mind.

Edmundson is pretty weak in the air and looked totally lost against a physical Hearts team, very dodgy passing too.

Helander had one bad half on that pitch and that's it, if he is fit then he plays, he is our best defender.
My main issue is coming back from longterm injury and that pitch. Wouldn't risk it when you have a boy that had a good pre season that can come in.

Helander dealt with Dykes just fine the 2nd time he played at Livingston.

It only took him 90 minutes to get used to that carpet of a pitch and he was ideal on it.

It's taken Barisic a year to find his form since he signed with us.

Let's not write off a Swedish international because he struggled a wee bit on a new park against an unfamiliar player.

A lot more than Bourna have taken time to get used to the premier league.

I'm expecting a more committed attitude this season from all our players whether they have been here yonks, one year or just signed.

No letting up, playing for the full match and if we have the match in the bag early, taking care not to make mistakes then having to do daft tackles that can lead to injury or cards.

My main issue is coming back from longterm injury and that pitch. Wouldn't risk it when you have a boy that had a good pre season that can come in.
He didn't have a good pre season at all as far as I'm concerned, put us in danger multiple times every game with his passing.

Really impressive recovery pace but that was about it

Tbh I want Goldson and Helander as the partnership going forward anyway so this is the chance for them both to cement it if balogun is out for a few matches.

Cheers mate. Seen that at start but thought there must be information further along that it was something obviously very serious with the tome of some replies.
Nope, just 1 or 2 posters for some bizarre reason think he is 1 step away from being forced to retire with a tight leg muscle!

Our defence is the one area I really don't worry about much, we've ample back up for him. Just hope it's nothing serious and he's back soon.

I think we talk ourselves into believing Livi are better than they actually are.

Helander should be fine, but I’d go Edmundson for pace.

I think we talk ourselves into believing Livi are better than they actually are.

Helander should be fine, but I’d go Edmundson for pace.
Exactly, thank god some on here aren’t our coaches, we would have the defence convinced Dykes was the modern day Mark Hateley. He isn’t a bad player but far from a world beater.

Edumdson for me pace is vital to the high line we now play helander lacks this

it’s toss of coin though

Wont be playing on that joke of a pitch at the weekend then.

Then again, Helander is just back from 8 months out as well.

Edmundson?

Can see goldson and edmundson myself.

Those pitches shouldn't be allowed.

Back