Balogun post match

Was really surprised at the pace he had. He looked solid enough but tbf the sheep didn't exactly test us much today but it was a decent start

Your debut at one of the tougher away venues, he did no bad at all. Will bring the others around him up to his level.

He looks really good so far. This is the type of more we need. “Hang on, we can only play 2 or 3 but have 5 who are good enough to start”.

We had 70+% possession and they had 1 chance (where he managed to run into the post), he looked tidy but very early days to be making any sort of judgement on him tbf.

Looked composed on the ball and confident bringing it out of defence, so pleasing performance!

Only 1 game but he looks class, he never put a foot wrong, wrong headers and is very quick and very good on the ball.

Showed up really well and slotted in as if he was always there and probably a contender for morn,solid positive showing.

WitQUOTE="basilboli, post: 6576801, member: 6474"]
I questioned the signing and I hope he continues to prove my worries wrong.
Solid debut.
[/QUOTE]
Without seeing him?

Really impressed with the guy. Seems to be able to adapt to this league’s style of play pretty well with us.

Great game and great words post match. Got the impression from that short video he really meant what he was saying as well. A fresh change from just another generic no personality player who just speaks what media wants them to. Seems to really back himself as well speaking about his experience a lot. I like that we need leaders hopefully he can be that.

Lucky it's not screwed off when he pit the heed on the post.
Looked to me like he had help to "heed" the post. Looked to me like an Aberdeen player pulled him towards it, but Bobby Madden didn't give a foul so I must have been mistaken. It also looked like an Aberdeen player or two had kicks at Greegs when he was on the deck but I must have been mistaken then as well because Bobby Madden didn't book any of them.

My eyes must have been having an off day as I didn't see Bobby Madden booking any Rangers players, maybe he's saving them up for October ? ;);)

Brilliant debut, hope he continues in the same vein!

I’m bemused that some thought he would come in as 4th choice behind Edmundson. Maybe he will regress with time but he has a good CV and experience against significantly better strikers than he will face in Scotland.

was wondering why he spoke english like a native till I remembered english was the national language in Nigeria Dohhh.....

Why would you be worried about a free transfer anyway ? if it doesn't work it doesn't work but its a free transfer
so there really is no reason at all to be worried.
McLaughlin and Balogun could turn out to be very good business if early signs and what many have said about them are anything to go by.
Bassey might well come good but he’s several levels below Borna right now it seems- we should have signed Meling imo as BB misses more games than the likes of Tav does.

We need to get the more expensive ones spot on when Alfie goes though,that’s what will make or break us really challenging for the title properly.

Only 1 game but he looks class, he never put a foot wrong, wrong headers and is very quick and very good on the ball.

As debuts go, he nor the club could ask for any better. Looked solid and as if he'd been playing in the team for some time. Long may it continue.. well done sir

Reminds me of Bougherra, both in the way he plays and talks. Solid debut, very impressed
I was about to post this too. When he went on that mazy run right up to their box it just brought back so many memories. I hope this guy clicks with Goldson and we have a solid back line. He didn't look phased once.

Rattled the post with his heid, prepared to put himself in where it hurts, reminds me of big Colin(the block) Hendry doing the same

A massive up grade on Edmundson ho will if he lives to be 100 won’t make it at Rangers

7 of the last 9 matches he's started for us and Wigan (not including a starting appearance where he had to go off for 6 mins), he's kept a clean sheet in. Considering where Wigan finished in the Championship and how many goals they were conceding before him, that's a remarkable statistic. The more I see and read about him, the fewer fears I have about his ability - only that he gets injured. We definitely need to rest him for some of the easier home matches where Helander or Edmundson can do a job.

Besides him looking really comfortable, loved the fact that after a major altercation with a bit of metal he still waved away going off the pitch for a check and just wanted to get on with.

Seems an intelligent player and an intelligent guy. Strolled through his debut, the acid test will be how he performs under pressure. The signs are good.

I loved our first half yesterday as we looked like a proper team.
Don’t want to get too excited as I think most will agree that no fans in the ground worked in our favour.
The real bonus was our central defence and how comfortable they looked.
If we can play every game the way we played the first half yesterday we won’t be far away at the end.
Early days but promising vibes.
We move on.
PS. I think we will score in Germany.

Back