Balogun - Solid Nigerian steel

Performs like he did today against a team who puts us under some pressure and I’ll be happy. Looked assured on the ball and did the simple things well

Really liked the Bougherra type run at one point. At the corner where he headed the post, was it not because Mckenna had a hold of him and swung him into the post? Also one in there box with Goldson being held by the shirt and nothing given.

I thought him and Aribo were the two best players on the pitch today, I’m excited about this season.

Looked decent however I want to see him up against a tougher striker before I get Carried away. Aberdeen didn’t lay a glove on us today.

Best thing today all his aerial battles he won, he played out well and covered with pace for Goldson which we need. Solid debut and more to come hopefully.

An excellent debut, he looks like a solid no nonsense defender who will certainly strengthen our back line.
Showed his experience and ability to read a game.
Only his first game obviously, but he looked impressive and hopefully can continue with this sort of form.

Although he was mom we were not really tested sheep were rank rotten, although he does look solid in all departments.

Just watched the highlights back there and it was actually the Aberdeen play that grabbed his shirt and swings him round causing him to hit his head into the post! Dirty scum.
Am I right in thinking someone 2 footers McGregor in the scramble? Thought I saw that on a replay.

When sheep had the glimour of hope from a breakaway the big man was very impressive in his turn of pace turned a 40/60 against into a 60/40 for and got the situation under control. A Good physical threat in both boxes and looks comfortable enough to carry the ball into midfield which is something we have lacked and can be an extra dimension when trying to break down the stubborn low block defences. Looks a steal on today’s viewing.

Might sound like a daft comment... but about 3 times at least today the ball was at stomach, chest height and he bent down and headered it back to McGregor (who could pick it up).

It takes that pressure off.

Some people are slightly overstating things, as we always do. But yeah didn’t put a foot wrong and if our defenders can stroll through a few more games like that, we’ll be happy.

Edmundson has his strengths, but im not convinced today’s type of game would have played to them. He’s always capable of casually passing the ball to the opposition and putting us under pressure when we’re trying to pass out from the back.

The manager made the right call today.

Latest posts

Back