Balotelli Sacked

Shug176

MARIO BALOTELLI has been sacked by Brescia following a bust-up with president Massimo Cellino, according to reports.

The former Manchester City forward, 29, had two years left to run on his deal with his hometown club.

Mario Balotelli has played for Brescia since 2019Credit: Reuters
It was reported that his contract with Brescia was set to be terminated at the end of the 2019/20 campaign.

But according to Football Italia, he has now been given his marching orders after missing ten days of training.

La Gazzetta claim no legal action will take place as the agreement was reached with Balotelli's lawyers.

Balotelli returned to Italy to join home town club in August 2019 after stints with Nice and Marseille.

The 29-year-old racked up five goals in 19 Serie A appearances for Diego Lopez's side.

But he caused a stir when he started missing training sessions when lockdown restrictions were eased.

He put his absence down to stomach problems, but reports revealed he was spotted training alone.

It is claimed that president Celino regrets signing the former Manchester City man on a three-year deal.

By Clever Advertising
Balotelli put pen to paper on a £160,000-per-week deal with his hometown club.

what a waste of a player

when he's on form, he's one of the best. but he's an absolute mess

I suspect bad agent advice is as much of a problem as his general daftness

Watched them play Juventus earlier this year and he was captain.

He's also on 16k per week not 160k.

Got to give it to him, he’s done alright for himself for being such a massive waste of space in the sport.

Reactions: VGM
Honestly don't understand why guys like him dont just retire.

29 year old multi millionaire who clearly has no interest in his career and doesn't need to work. Why bother?

Because some other idiot manager will convince their idiot chairman to take a punt on the waster for £150k a week.

He must be a contender for at least a top five place in the "Football's Biggest Wasters" category. I get the hard time he's had with racism, but his demeanour and his generally can't be arsed attitude, outweighs his immense talent.

What a loser.

29 year old multi millionaire who clearly has no interest in his career and doesn't need to work. Why bother?

I rather doubt Balotelli has put aside the appropriate funds to let him retire at 29 and continue to live the extravagant lifestyle he currently lives. Add a family or maybe a future divorce and it's close to bankruptcy time.

Before anyone says it NO CHANCE!!!!

The guys a fucking rocket and has serious mental health issues

His record at Inter, City, Milan, Nice and Marseille were very very good, whilst being decent for italy. When he was younger remember, he’s had baron spells at Liverpool and Milan also. I found it touching he joined Brescia out of respect for his father and really wanted it to work out but obviously it hasn’t. Yes the guys a tad mental, he’s one of these players managers will go “if I can just get that out of him” and manager with ego obviously will. He will find another club, like I said though I like him as a player and always have. Probably sentiment cause I like Italy and I remember him being good at the euros or his role in the most breathtaking PL finale of all time. More often than not though, he’s scored goals.

Guy is a total fud

I don’t get those that think he’s funny.

He’s just a prick and plays up to the reputation the media have portrayed for him as a daft lad that does funny things.

One of the most detestable guys in football
He's like Ashley Cole, a ned who can retire in his 30's just because he can kick a football.

Side note, I remember in first year we got a safety talk in park mains theatre (Erskine people will know what i mean) because he had set off fireworks in his bathroom. Cheers for the skive Balo.

Last edited:

Because a guy like that would probably end up on drugs and heavy drinking and end up jailed or dead. He’s a total rocket and loose cannon

I rather doubt Balotelli has put aside the appropriate funds to let him retire at 29 and continue to live the extravagant lifestyle he currently lives. Add a family or maybe a future divorce and it's close to bankruptcy time.
There`s clearly something psychologically wrong with him,as he can`t seem to keep the nut screwed for two days running.... but I remember him asking a young boy why he wasn`t at school. The lad said he was being bullied; upon which MB took the boy to school and confronted the culprit.
Driving around Manchester dressed as Santa; giving out bank notes and presents randomly;( including £1,000 to a tramp)... or walking into the petrol station and paying for everyone`s fuel on the forecourt.
A rocket yes,but not a totally bad guy.

His 2020 net worth is touted at $65m to that end I think his financial future is quite healthy!

You get the player you deserve and we certainly got it with him: a walking meme, a Lad Banter's dream, a footballer for people who don't like football.

He' just a bit tiring, now.

He must be a contender for at least a top five place in the "Football's Biggest Wasters" category. I get the hard time he's had with racism, but his demeanour and his generally can't be arsed attitude, outweighs his immense talent.

What a loser.

Pretty sure in his eyes hes a winner sitting in his mansion, driving any fancy motor he wants and shagging beautiful women whenever he wants no doubt he's a dick of a guy but hes certainly not losing in life.

I genuinely don't think he even likes football

I wouldn't disagree with that. He undoubtedly was some talent. Was starting to do okay with Marseille and in the end up they could not wait to get shot of him. At Nice he seemed to settle score goals, some of his performances were brilliant, and then he went missing again. Earlier at Liverpool and his second spell at AC Milan he hardly kicked a ball.

I remember when he was with Inter Milan and I thought he was the next big thing, and then Mourinho made a few comments about him being hard work.

The guy definitely has issues with football, people and life in general.

Pretty sure in his eyes hes a winner sitting in his mansion, driving any fancy motor he wants and shagging beautiful women whenever he wants no doubt he's a dick of a guy but hes certainly not losing in life.

When you compare it to what he could have had - contentment, respect, many more trophies and much more money - I'd imagine you could class him as a relative-loser.

I wouldn't mind being such a relative-loser, though :D

There will still be another club rolling up to throw their cash at him - thinking they’ll tame him or not care as long as he can get them goals.

He's somewhat of a cult hero at Manchester City. He was flawed and the incidents of off the field became a recurring theme with him. Mostly daft eccentric footballer stuff from what I can remember.

He's a source of frustration for many of the Italian clubs be played for. He suffered terrible racism there both growing up in Italy and then it of course worsened when he started to ply his trade there. A high profile incident even occurred just recently while at Brescia. So it's followed him his entire career in Italy.

Unmitigated disaster at Liverpool and pissed off Steven Gerrard. Still have no idea why Rodgers signed him. It was well documented that Mancini was one of the few coaches in the world who could get a tune out of him.

Had a fairly productive spell in France for a while. From what I've gathered it didn't end well though.

Now I've covered all of the bases. I've always had a wee soft spot for him but I wouldn't for a moment suggest that he belongs in the gold fish bowl that is Glasgow. Christ on a bike, I shudder to think how he'd get caricatured by our media. Got a feeling he'll end up in the MLS and be a marquee player.

Back