Balotelli Sacked

Honestly don't understand why guys like him dont just retire.

29 year old multi millionaire who clearly has no interest in his career and doesn't need to work. Why bother?

Somebody paying you 160k a week - would you walk away from that??

Me neither.;)

Cole retired at 38, and was a quite excellent full back.

Strange comparison
Only thing I can think of if he’s maybe referring to Cole shooting a youth player with some sort of air rifle and the fact he was a bit of a shagger. Top top full back, I would say the best in prem history but that’s for another discussion.

I
I wouldn't disagree with that. He undoubtedly was some talent. Was starting to do okay with Marseille and in the end up they could not wait to get shot of him. At Nice he seemed to settle score goals, some of his performances were brilliant, and then he went missing again. Earlier at Liverpool and his second spell at AC Milan he hardly kicked a ball.

I remember when he was with Inter Milan and I thought he was the next big thing, and then Mourinho made a few comments about him being hard work.

The guy definitely has issues with football, people and life in general.
he just seems so uninterested in it all apart from making a living out of it.

Theres talent there or he would have achieved what he has. But theres definitely something psychologically wrong in some was. I also don't think he's as bad a person as people like to make out

His 2020 net worth is touted at $65m to that end I think his financial future is quite healthy!

Touted being the appropriate word. That website won't have anything more than a rough guesstimate at how much Balotelli has earned throughout his career. They won't have the slightest clue of his outgoings(is he financing an extended family? etc). Plenty of mega-rich sportstars have went bankrupt a few decades after retiring. A couple of poor lifestyle choices and they are financially screwed.

I’m sure I read that despite his own obvious wealth, he comes from quite a wealthy family. I always got the feeling that his heart just wasn’t into being a footballer.

I sometimes wonder if people on here actually read things before they decide to post.

Watched them play Juventus earlier this year and he was captain.

He's also on 16k per week not 160k.
Because some other idiot manager will convince their idiot chairman to take a punt on the waster for £150k a week.
Everything that is wrong in the game... £160k a week for this waste of space
Inter or Juve wouldn’t pay him 160k, never mind Brescia. His actual wage was 16K
How the feck can Brescia afford £160k a week on a player is a bigger mystery to me.
They can’t, its 16K a week.
Somebody paying you 160k a week - would you walk away from that??

Me neither.;)

29 year old multi millionaire who clearly has no interest in his career and doesn't need to work. Why bother?
My very thoughts, he’s no interest in football, doesn’t appear to crave adulation and appears very much a loner.

I rather doubt Balotelli has put aside the appropriate funds to let him retire at 29 and continue to live the extravagant lifestyle he currently lives. Add a family or maybe a future divorce and it's close to bankruptcy time.

he’s a net worth as of this year of £60m I doubt he will be struggling anytime soon

Touted being the appropriate word. That website won't have anything more than a rough guesstimate at how much Balotelli has earned throughout his career. They won't have the slightest clue of his outgoings(is he financing an extended family? etc). Plenty of mega-rich sportstars have went bankrupt a few decades after retiring. A couple of poor lifestyle choices and they are financially screwed.

I looked at 3 or 4 net worth sites, $35m 2014 to $65m today, the point being he is nowhere near skint. Conversely to your point about bad investments, perhaps he is well advised and has made a number of good decisions. Just because he’s a loose cannon on the football pitch doesn’t mean he doesn’t look after his wedge.

16k a week , what we waiting for?
Brescia is his home team and his fathers, the move was about sentiment rather than money. He was due a 2.4 mil bonus if he kept them up, I highly doubt he’d move anywhere else for that amount of cash. Not necessarily a lot more though.

Guy is a total fud

I don’t get those that think he’s funny.

He’s just a prick and plays up to the reputation the media have portrayed for him as a daft lad that does funny things.

One of the most detestable guys in football

Why is he detestable? Let alone one of the most detestable in football? There is literally sex offenders and murderers who come back and yet Mario is apparently one of the worst... for what?

Most people who have worked with him actually like him, his attitude is probably not the best but to call him one of the most detestable is a bit of a stretch.

Falling out with Cellino was bound to happen because Cellino loves a scapegoat when things are going wrong. This was the same man who was owner of Leeds for a few years until he failed the fit and proper test. Amongst the crazy things he did he retired the number #17 because he was superstitious and he has also been jailed for fraud and irregular accounting.

For anyone saying Mario is crap as well should check his goal record. He’s a very good player, I imagine he will go back to France next.

Last edited:
I looked at 3 or 4 net worth sites, $35m 2014 to $65m today, the point being he is nowhere near skint. Conversely to your point about bad investments, perhaps he is well advised and has made a number of good decisions. Just because he’s a loose cannon on the football pitch doesn’t mean he doesn’t look after his wedge.

At no point did I say he was anywhere near skint. I gave plausible reasons why a guy worth a shed load of money today might become skint in twenty years time.

He's somewhat of a cult hero at Manchester City. He was flawed and the incidents of off the field became a recurring theme with him. Mostly daft eccentric footballer stuff from what I can remember.

He's a source of frustration for many of the Italian clubs be played for. He suffered terrible racism there both growing up in Italy and then it of course worsened when he started to ply his trade there. A high profile incident even occurred just recently while at Brescia. So it's followed him his entire career in Italy.

Unmitigated disaster at Liverpool and pissed off Steven Gerrard. Still have no idea why Rodgers signed him. It was well documented that Mancini was one of the few coaches in the world who could get a tune out of him.

Had a fairly productive spell in France for a while. From what I've gathered it didn't end well though.

Now I've covered all of the bases. I've always had a wee soft spot for him but I wouldn't for a moment suggest that he belongs in the gold fish bowl that is Glasgow. Christ on a bike, I shudder to think how he'd get caricatured by our media. Got a feeling he'll end up in the MLS and be a marquee player.

A lot of Brendans signings were done through a transfer committee so he didnt have much of a say in who he signed

The boy should put his money into an academy or do charity work, something because he's wasting his talent here. Even Maradona applied himself, yeah often with coke binges but he could still perform. Minimum application with erratic talent is not a good mix.

Can remember reading Roberto Mancini saying that if he applied himself then Balotelli could be better than Messi

What’s more puzzling is why teams continue to give him lucrative contracts mate. Mental.

He’s got a decent scoring record and played at a very decent level. Both Milan clubs, Liverpool and Man City. I think the appeal with him is he gets goals and most managers feel the same, if I could calm him down and get the best of him he’d be some player.

Hypothetically imagine he did sign for them. Misunderstood, flawed genius, worked his way up from nothing yadda yadda yadda................remind you of anyone.

The media up here would be outed as hypocritical to say the least.

160k a week at Brescia? Aye no bother.

Another fud with too much talent and not enough brain cells.

Social Distance this Major liability, Nae fuukin chance should we ever contemplate this Bombscare.

Do we not read the article, see he is on £160k a week & young enough to get that cash (or close)elsewhere & realise it's a non starter regardless of whether he is a screwjob or not?

"Ah I still prefer men take him!" We cannot even contemplate signing players on half that wage or a third of it.

Do we not read the article, see he is on £160k a week & young enough to get that cash (or close)elsewhere & realise it's a non starter regardless of whether he is a screwjob or not?

"Ah I still prefer men take him!" We cannot even contemplate signing players on half that wage or a third of it.
Once again, the article is wrong. He was on 800k per year, roughly . 16K pw roughly.

So I take it his club would have had to pay him off so he has picked up a load of wonga to add to the load of wonga he already has and will pick up a club that will give him a chance and add even more wonga to his account! Not that daft

Back