Balotelli

He’s one of these players that has all the ability in the world but none of the application.

seen it a million times with players

he would be a distraction and would cause more problems than quality football

Nah. He’s a bit of an attention seeking knob and he was never as good as he was meant to be anyway.

“He could be the best striker in the world if he applied himself”

Nah he couldn’t actually, he’ll score a worldy once every 10 games and he’s great at putting penalties away but he doesn’t have the mentality, link up play or dribbling skills to be the best. At least with Morelos his short comings are born out of genuine frustration as opposed to a desperate need to have all the attention on him.

By the way above all else, right now we’ve got a squad of players who’re all working for each other and who all seem well grounded and in it for the team. So I have no clue why we’d risk upsetting that with a boy who’s more famous for his antics than anything he’s actually done with the ball.

To be fair, whilst I do think the French league is rotten his record there was brilliant (as recent as last year). Then again, there is a reason he was sacked by his boyhood team & hasn’t got a club.
Yeah fair play mate don’t really take notice of the french league but just seen his stats and they are impressive.

Seen in September he posted a video of himself scoring against Celtic with #comingback!!!

was the second goal on the video and tonight he’s posted a story with the gaffer saying #TB = Throwback

Not saying that he would come here / we could even afford his wages but would you take him?
No, he’s too much hard work.

I think Gerrard was quoted that he agreed with Mourinho when he said Balotelli was unmanageable.

His antics are often hilarious, he’d wind the Tims into a froth, and he’s (sometimes) a great player.
But, no, I wouldn’t want to risk the upheaval to the squad

He’s reposted photo of them together
Which should confirm there is absolutely no chance of it happening. Rangers transfer work is under the radar these days, no way would Gerrard post something like that if we had any designs on brining him in as a player.

Having read about this, and Wilshere, I can’t help but feel this is coinciding with new Football Manager game coming out! Next we will touting Daniel Sturridge and co.!

These aren’t the players we should be considering. High risk and likely think they’re above us. Let’s target younger, hungrier players who see playing for Rangers as the honour that it is.

I'd like to think we are beyond this type of signing. Would be better off taking the money we would pay him in wages and setting it alight. Similar to Barton, whatever footballing talent is there is overshadowed by the unrest he would cause in the squad and brings nothing but negativity to the club.

The other lot are more at the stage of desperation signings to please the masses.

It’s the type of panic that the mentally challengeds are likely to make in January when Eduoard goes away at a cut price and they need a replacement.

Would hopefully end up like a Gravesen and just an expensive, no return gamble.

He's an explosive striker on his day but he must be on his 20th chance now?

His brain just doesn't have that part in it that can learn from his mistakes. That and I think his body is feeling the effects of playing so much football so young.

He had the building blocks to make him a great of the game. Shame we never got to see it

There's more of a chance of Suarez signing for us.

On a sidenote. Some of the generosity shown by Ballotelli is how he should be remembered rather than some of the madness of his character.

Gerrard has worked tirelessly to build this professional and focused ethos we have. Balotelli would wreck that and this squad balance and harmony we have would be gone.

One of the most un-Gerrard signings about.

cxk9LAt.gif

Back