Ban the media until it's properly sorted out

• Yes

Votes: 469 87.7%
  • No

Votes: 66 12.3%

• Total voters

Earl of Leven

Official Ticketer
We know the many reasons not to: PR, it allows them to set context, denies fans interviews and photos etc. But...is it time? The relationship has broken down. There are no editors or sub editors now who don't openly troll us.

What benefits do we gain? In fact moving all media to in-house could be a revenue raising issue.

Yes or no?

No.

But without fear or exception, go after journalists who lie and disrespect our club, attacking them in any media or club outlets available and bombard their bosses with demands for sackings.

Banning them is just crawling into our shell and giving them free reign. By far the best form of defence is attack.

No.

But without fear or exception, go after journalists who lie and disrespect our club, attacking them in any media or club outlets available and bombard their bosses with demands for sackings.

Banning them is just crawling into our shell and giving the free reign. By far the best form of defence is attack.
Agree.

No.

Banning them is just crawling into our shell and giving them free reign. By far the best form of defence is attack.
Same reasons for me selecting no.

The club need to start commenting on any report that is untowards and setting the bar by highlighting what is wrong.

Name and shame to bring them into line.

If they don’t improve, then they get banned.

I would invite them all in and from the start before taking any questions I would pick one to go after. Have a well researched set of questions and multimedia presentation to back up the questions.

Ask him why he reported things in such as tone etc. Embarrass the hell out of him. Make him feel small in front of his media buddies.

No.

Why would banning them give them a free reign?

Look at those bastard photographers standing all over the tributes on the ground so they can get pictures taken

Absolute vermin and zero respect by these mhedia c.unts

No wonder poll is nearly 90% wanting them banned

I have no issues with banning journalists who think the behaviour we saw earlier is acceptable but a blanket ban doesn't solve anything imo.

right now ban bbc scotland and that rag and let everyone know why let them be on the outside looking in and give them nothing in regards of highlights unless we are contractually obliged to

All we have asked for is a"level playing field", this has been denied,so the quicker we get this in place the better.we have named,shamed, aborted, and it has got us nowhere.

No.

I'm all for banning persistent offenders and the Record should absolutely be out on their arse after today's behaviour but the idea of taking everything in house and having someone like Traynor simply churning out "I'm great, you're great, we're great" pieces doesn't sit well with me.

Look at those bastard photographers standing all over the tributes on the ground so they can get pictures taken

Absolute vermin and zero respect by these mhedia c.unts

No wonder poll is nearly 90% wanting them banned
If they are standing on any tributes I hope they get the C unt kicked out of them.

To the 86.6% yes voters.
Not to have us on any media outlets, not to have us spoken in anyway, that what you want.
Suicide is painless I suppose.
Would you rather listen to radio Clyde or heart and hand? Would your rather read the sun or read the rangers news? Would you rather visit the dailymail.co.uk or rangers.co.uk?

I’d rather the club get on the offensive and push the message to fans where they can get true rangers news.

We act like we need them. But we don’t. They need us. It’s why they write about us.

It won’t make a difference either way. They hate Rangers and that won’t change whether we ban them or not. Look at the BBC. They’re so bitter they’ve actually banned themselves. The only solution is to leave Scottish football. We have far too many enemies here to ever be given a break.

I'd look at giving exclusive rights and access to say The Athletic or AN Other similar outlet with a wider UK, world reach. the first exclusive would be why our club have banned domestic journalists

No. As much as we have complaints about certain aspects of the media, allowing the club to control the narrative is, quite simply, dangerous. There's no critical analysis, there's no bad news and everything that comes out is what the club wants you to know about.

A very foolish path..

No. As much as we have complaints about certain aspects of the media, allowing the club to control the narrative is, quite simply, dangerous. There's no critical analysis, there's no bad news and everything that comes out is what the club wants you to know about.

A very foolish path..

good one

its a fucking hiding they need not a banning

Would you rather listen to radio Clyde or heart and hand? Would your rather read the sun or read the rangers news? Would you rather visit the dailymail.co.uk or rangers.co.uk?

I’d rather the club get on the offensive and push the message to fans where they can get true rangers news.

We act like we need them. But we don’t. They need us. It’s why they write about us.

Your last sentence, do they.
We need to be very careful here.
No media coverage they wont talk about us.

I don't listen to Clyde or Scotland, don't buy Scottish newspapers, would love to go back in time and buy the Rangers news every week.
You more than anyone else after all the great work that you have done must realise we still need publicity.
Members of the public must/need to know about what is going on with our wonderful club.
First game early sixty's and will now let myself down, buy a Daily Mail on a Saturday for the tv book, and a Sundy Post for the Broons/ Oor Wullie section.

Your last sentence, do they.
We need to be very careful here.
No media coverage they wont talk about us.

I don't listen to Clyde or Scotland, don't buy Scottish newspapers, would love to go back in time and buy the Rangers news every week.
You more than anyone else after all the great work that you have done must realise we still need publicity.
Members of the public must/need to know about what is going on with our wonderful club.
First game early sixty's and will now let myself down, buy a Daily Mail on a Saturday for the tv book, and a Sundy Post for the Broons/ Oor Wullie section.
No media coverage they won,t talk about us .are you sure about that mate.because I,m pretty sure that you could well be wrong.

They have done some low life stuff from we got demoted to we fought our way back and still to this day they kick us at every opportunity but today was a new low for them all. Disgusted so called reporting on us ban the lot look what Liverpool did with the sun time we did the same am 100% ban the lot who needs them. Scum. The day is day they broke the camel back when the made slurs about a dead man truly is disgusting

Do I want the public outwith scotland to know about us and what we are up to? Absolutely. But then we need to identify the media outlets that can help with this.

In terms of wanting the public in scotland to know about us and what we are up to. I don’t care about them. In terms of the footballing landscape, people fall into some categories.

- rangers fans
- rangers haters
- non football fans.

We don’t need SMSM to reach out to the first section. If we plan it properly.

As for sections two and three, who cares. They either want care or hope we die.

The problem is we have done nothing .
BBC - We compile a document , big f@cking wow.
English , the slevering Corduroy Nonce and the Undatable along with many others ,all guilty of trolling .
Our response hee f@cking haw.
The truth is we are being let down badly and permitting all and sundry to have free hits .
They won't change , we have too.

All the negative news is , on purpose, hurting the club. We are fair game for BBC, The Rhebel and Clyde. In my opinion telling them they are no longer welcome, and the reasons why, is the way to go. They do us no favours and have actually been the cause of a lot of the hatred directed at our great club. I'd rather hear news directly from the club anyway, as a negative slant is the first thing the above three seem to excel in.

Do I want the public outwith scotland to know about us and what we are up to? Absolutely. But then we need to identify the media outlets that can help with this.

In terms of wanting the public in scotland to know about us and what we are up to. I don’t care about them. In terms of the footballing landscape, people fall into some categories.

- rangers fans
- rangers haters
- non football fans.

We don’t need SMSM to reach out to the first section. If we plan it properly.

As for sections two and three, who cares. They either want care or hope we die.

Up until three years ago when my old man left the world at 91 years of age he had no internet, no mobile and his only way of keeping up was by tv or newspaper.
But hey ho, feck the old yins.
Stayed in Scotland all his days as well.
Bit sad.:(

I understand that media outlets were a big channel for the club to communicate with fans but surely those days have gone. As the multimedia revolution has taken over, there has been less need to use the likes of the record / BBC for keeping the clubs profile in the spotlight. Even less so when you consider the click bait / trolling contempt the main stream scottish media hold us in.

I think it's perfectly feasible, given the circulation levels, to cut a scum rag like the record off completely. They sell next to nothing each day and never report on us with any positivity so what do we have to lose?

Regarding the wider MSM, we have to choose our bettles. We cannot simply ban everyone but I would very much like to see us take back control of the situation and have these "journalists" and "editors" be only too aware of the consequences if they write pish about us.

Get them all banned indefinitely. It’s our privilege allowing them access to all things Rangers, and time and time again they shit all over us.

Total ban for this old bear. I haven't bought, listened to or watched any Scottish mhedia since our troubles. Live TV games I switch on at kick off and walk the dog at half time.

We know the many reasons not to: PR, it allows them to set context, denies fans interviews and photos etc. But...is it time? The relationship has broken down. There are no editors or sub editors now who don't openly troll us.

What benefits do we gain? In fact moving all media to in-house could be a revenue raising issue.

Yes or no?
Fans won't miss out if interviews are in house RTV etc.

Back