Ban the media?

Ban the media until it's properly sorted out

• Yes

Votes: 469 87.7%
  • No

Votes: 66 12.3%

• Total voters
Rather than ban, we should confront them. Question motives and query stories. If this needs to be repeated, then so be it.

Things are serious enough that we should have a specific department to address our media presentation.

Correct, this is the way to go. Make them explain themselves, it will make them think twice.

Ban them. Regardless of what position we take they are still going to be derogatory and attempt to damage the club. I never buy or click on any of there publications anyway so will not be any loss to me. Media is heading in a different direction and it's only a matter of time before the usual suspects die on their arse.

Some of new media seems decent and fair (The Athletic) but the “old” print media should be completely banned without exception n

I appreciate it as oft missed by some on here, but there are just your average punters who support Rangers and do go as balls deep on it all as some and just take it for what it is.

You are putting them out for little reason

Up until three years ago when my old man left the world at 91 years of age he had no internet, no mobile and his only way of keeping up was by tv or newspaper.
But hey ho, feck the old yins.
Stayed in Scotland all his days as well.
Bit sad.
Like I say, if we are proactive we can include everyone. Rangers tv free for oaps. Rangers news delivered by post to oaps weekly.

Sons and grandsons of older bears or tech unsavvy bears could easily sort them out with heart and hand pods costs.

Loads of options.

An outright ban? No. Targeted sanctions, yes. Each time any individual reporter seriously oversteps the mark, he or she is handed a published year's ban.

Using the IPSO Editors' Code of Conduct as a guide, the club can both act in its own interests and be seen to be abiding by the standards that these cants think are optional in Scotland and don't apply to them.

No.

But without fear or exception, go after journalists who lie and disrespect our club, attacking them in any media or club outlets available and bombard their bosses with demands for sackings.

Banning them is just crawling into our shell and giving them free reign. By far the best form of defence is attack.
They already have free reign. We don't need them, and there is nothing to stop us digging them out at every opportunity while using our own channels for all things Rangers. What's not to like about that?

Always liked Kent.

tTXZvYT.jpg

After what the Daily Record done to Michael Mols today they should be banned until whoever's decision that was is sacked.

It went way over the line.

A definite yes, enough is enough. Every single major media outlet is openly against our club. The North Korean media would be proud of the antics of the media here.

Ban the lot of them, do everything in house with our own social media team. From mocking our dead to demonising our people the time has come to make a stand.

I think a temporary ban for some (Herald/Times, BBC, Sun, Record, Snyde) would be the best solution.

Let them sweat for a bit and see who needs who the most.

Also, messaging from the club that by buying or clicking such media outlets you are funding them and damaging Rangers and helping Celtic - and a clear statement of intent re the BBC.

A definite yes, enough is enough. Every single major media outlet is openly against our club. The North Korean media would be proud of the antics of the media here.

I think they'd blush actually. And they could learn a thing or two from the SMSM.

Said on another thread go public with some of the bias, insults, and lies we have had thrown at us.
Ban the lot of the scum.
Release news via RTV to 1 'preferred' outlet so the older bears still get their news.

They are all vultures. I am struggling to name a real journalist in this country. One who investigates the facts and report the facts, and not made up lies and fiction.
Which the media liars in this country do day in and day out.

F.uck them.

Not at all. There are aspects of our club that need rightly scrutinised and questions should always be asked independently. Using only our own media team turns us into a sporting version of North Korea. I would be more forceful in attacking those that cross the line though and ban certain individuals/media sources if they cross the line with no apology. I feel the bbc are just about at that point now. Legal action should be taken against comments from individuals and an actual ban should maybe be enforced to highlight the issue.

I’m beginning to sway towards yes, such is the disparity of journalism between rangers and other teams. The thing that makes me go against this is for supporters of older generations who don’t have access or are unable to use modern conveniences to access decent reports.

Start with banning of specific reporters, Tom English for example is as impartial as Tom Boyd - one look at his twitter feed confirms it. That prick Jackson is another, Provan for the continual negative drivel in his weekly column to name a few.

Rod Forsyth: I hope you’re head is hung in shame this morning.

Ban BBC Scotland.The Sun and Record.It's time to call these pos out.Take the BBC to court if need be but ban them and let their London bosses know exactly why.
Btw it was reported on the national BBC news much fairer and more sympathetically same as on STV and Sky.
Surely this is the proof that BBC sport Scotland is not fit for purpose.Alienating over half the countries fans with their shite biased and quite frankly amateurish reporting of us.Prime example is Sportscene and their main sports presenter Gollum who hate us and don't hide it.

Up until three years ago when my old man left the world at 91 years of age he had no internet, no mobile and his only way of keeping up was by tv or newspaper.
But hey ho, feck the old yins.
Stayed in Scotland all his days as well.
Bit sad.:(
This is the only reason I didn't vote yes for a blanket ban
The person who has no internet access cannot access any information about Rangers

Ban the media and the club would need to swallow the inevitable drop in marketing revenue. All our current sponors would demand a renegotitation of their existing contracts.

A 15 year old kid says something to Brown the club are all over it and ban him (not saying its the wrong decision) but write about our former captain on the tragic day he died our club do nothing, utterly shameful

We shouldn't think about a blanket ban, that just punishes the good for the actions of the bad and would unite them against the Club.

But we certainly should be picking fights with the recidivists. BBC Scotland should be banned indefinitely because they have deliberately and wilfully misrepresented us (repeatedly) and are trolling us. Nothing would be lost if we forced the issue and gave ITV, BT and Sky access and tripartite coverage rights - unless, of course, the SPFL screwed us over.

Ditto the Sun and Rhecord, for different reasons. Either we ban named journos or do what Liverpool do and make a point of not engaging.

No.

But without fear or exception, go after journalists who lie and disrespect our club, attacking them in any media or club outlets available and bombard their bosses with demands for sackings.

Banning them is just crawling into our shell and giving them free reign. By far the best form of defence is attack.
This is totally correct. The more withdrawn and isolated we become, the more we live in our own bubble. Isolated in our own social media circle we become a sounding board for our own views only. In the 80s and 90s when we were the media darlings, did the mentally challengeds give up? No, they plotted and eventually infiltrated the msm, making it almost their own. The more we retreat into our own wee world the more vulnerable we are. We cannot win new fans, we cannot refute the lies they tell. Eventually, inevitably, over time we will wither and die. We must stand up proud and strong, answer their lies and challenge their assertions. It keeps the blood pumping. Only my opinion, but to survive beyond the next generation or two we must avoid becoming our own echo chamber. As my old maw would have said, its cutting off your nose to spite your face.

The board need to act against certain journalists and outlets

BBC Scotland. Snyde. Record, Sun,Herald

Forsyth. Spiers. Walker. Sutton. Hartson. Stewart. Leckie. Waddell.

Time to take hardline action

We don’t need these bastards

Pity we are still want to build bridges with cuunts who hate and despise us

Decent fair minded, sensible Rangers fans have sussed long ago there is virtually zero value in what we get served up from the media in Scotland and personally it both angers me and bewilders me that the club has continued to have a normal relationship with the MSM, even attempting to build bridges but it’s futile hoping to have a positive relationship with a group of people who’s main goal regarding our club and support is to be NEGATIVE....that’s how it works and that’s what we get the majority of the time.

I have said a million times we can’t force people who hate us to change their attitudes towards us but I think the club has naively thought they could improve how we are covered but it’s just not possible. Instead it’s best to be living in reality, we CAN cut ties and stop feeding our detractors, as we are basically rewarding those who hate us by carrying on as normal. It’s time to get them out and keep them out and just use our own official sources to communicate with the fans and wider world.

Since at least as far back as the Souness era the Scottish print and broadcast media have been been biting at Rangers.

The best it ever got was qualified praise - "...what you'd expect with the money at their disposal", etc. - but the daily grind has been carping, sniping, qualifying, denigrating, slandering bitterness. This applies to our football, our finances, our directors, managers, players, fans, even deceased heroes.

It's a free press, a cornerstone of democracy but let them continue their freedom of expression without our co-operation in anything beyond contractual requirement.

We have literally nothing to lose.

Back