Bar 72 and MyGers. Update

I'm still going to buy it for my son's and me, so we can keep our status if we decide to move out of Bar 72 and relocate.

We have built up too many points to have them lost by not subscribing to MyGers.

@The Railway Bear is correct - a corporate MyGers should be introduced.

that’s my feelings too. I’ll probably stick with it this season but don’t think I can justify £2400 next year when I only really make 10 games a season. Don’t want to move then end up down in bronze with no chance of a ticket

Given that I’ve already paid up for Bar(Club)72 and MyGers memberships I wonder if I’ll b3 due a refund then?

I would hate to think that as a - say Gold Member in Club72 - that I could be behind a non-MyGers member of Club72 in any ballot for corporate members away tickets.
Good point but as I understand it the two issues away tickets and discount on merchandise are separate. I think the idea of a My Gers Membership in Bar 72 is not to distinguish in a ballot for away tickets but rather so we don’t lose out on any discounts. They are sending us out details shortly so all should become clear

that’s my feelings too. I’ll probably stick with it this season but don’t think I can justify £2400 next year when I only really make 10 games a season. Don’t want to move then end up down in bronze with no chance of a ticket
Yes it might be worth checking that our points from away games both domestic and Europe are preserved

Yes it might be worth checking that our points from away games both domestic and Europe are preserved

Agreed. If they are frozen then there isn't really any need for us all to buy separate MyGers accounts as we don't all go to away games. If one of us gets discounts that are tbc then that's sufficient.

Often wonder - how many tickets are corporate VIP season ticket holders allowed to apply for? I assume it is one per season ticket?

It's just that I was aware of a friend in the members lounge and they can apply for a couple of tickets each I think?

Ps. Who told you we don't require a MyGers account to get away domestic and European tickets Arky?

Agreed. If they are frozen then there isn't really any need for us all to buy separate MyGers accounts as we don't all go to away games. If one of us gets discounts that are tbc then that's sufficient.

Often wonder - how many tickets are corporate VIP season ticket holders allowed to apply for? I assume it is one per season ticket?

It's just that I was aware of a friend in the members lounge and they can apply for a couple of tickets each I think?

Ps. Who told you we don't require a MyGers account to get away domestic and European tickets Arky?

This is what I was advised by email George:-

‘I believe it will be a reduced cost for corporate as they don’t need it for the purchase for away tickets etc but they are welcome to purchase for the other benefits’

From Hospitality Dept.

Natalie Imrie mate. I think corporate used to get up to 4 tickets for some games depending on the demand. For the Piggery they got one. Next year we can apply for one per ticket

Why haven’t they let us know about this before MyGers was advertised? The same as we were not told/consulted whatever you want to call it, about next years increase until we got the email saying it was happening.
Bar72 ticket holders are being well and truly shafted! Unless this pending email tells us different

I can’t shake a great feeling of unease that come season 2021/22, (when I decide that I can’t stomach £2.5k a year and still have to pay for chips and curry sauce) that I’m going to find myself:

-either off the system or at the bottom rung of a points ladder
-in the shitest restricted view seat they can manage to offer as an “alternative”

Why haven’t they let us know about this before MyGers was advertised? The same as we were not told/consulted whatever you want to call it, about next years increase until we got the email saying it was happening.
Bar72 ticket holders are being well and truly shafted! Unless this pending email tells us different
It did say on the original email that can be changes to the scheme

I can’t shake a great feeling of unease that come season 2021/22, (when I decide that I can’t stomach £2.5k a year and still have to pay for chips and curry sauce) that I’m going to find myself:

-in the shitest restricted view seat they can manage to offer as an “alternative”
Every chance of the latter if you’re in a group of mates that want to relocate , 3 of us

Is it 2.5k without food for the season after next? christ thats gonna expensive for it is.....

For the people currently in bar 72 who have friends also there have most says they will renew despite increase in price?

I have family down in London who have 4 season tickets but only really make European games and Old firms. They were against it at first but have now decided to renew.

For the people currently in bar 72 who have friends also there have most says they will renew despite increase in price?

I have family down in London who have 4 season tickets but only really make European games and Old firms. They were against it at first but have now decided to renew.

Three of us, two renewing and one undecided.

Price is £1440 for this forthcoming season
Approx £2400 for the following season.

Cheers mate, I got a seat up there for this season and have renewed for next, the season after is going to be a stretch too far for me. I would have though over double the cost from this season would have more things added like food and drink to be honest.

Think I was 1080 for this season, hell of a jump for including a pie and a pint.

Price is £1440 for this forthcoming season
Approx £2400 for the following season.
Was thinking about enquiring or going on list for Bar72 seat but not at those prices.
Might just need to put up with the idiots near my current seat a bit longer!

The boys I know were possibly going to renew next season albeit thought the increase was too much, the following season has changed their mind now. Paying over 2k is shocking and is clearly aimed at hospitality and the money that comes with it (rightly or wrongly)

The people I have been speaking to around me have all said they would be happy with around £1500 a season but nearly all said they won’t entertain paying £2400 a year. The people who signed up to bar72 weren’t interested in become a corporate client they just wanted a relaxed atmosphere and a good seat.

H&H quoted approx 5k as of yesterday I believe.

Not bad fully expect it to be around 15/20k mark time
We get to kick a ball again needs to be a media drive with it too. Iv stlll to sign
Up 3 of my tickets and another 2 boys who
I Do their stuff for

I know cop don’t need to be signed up for TC as my pal has it and basically gets first choice heard Bar72 will be a separate ballot

£1,972+VAT. There is a brochure that a poster on here forwarded to me.

Fk thats hefty, i have 3 through my company but that jumps gonna be hard for me to justify if im being honest.

I suppose its down to supply and demand as know they could have sold out bar72 4x over each of the last few seasons so it probably has been underpriced if honest but thats a huge jump for a pie, pint and programme.

The people I have been speaking to around me have all said they would be happy with around £1500 a season but nearly all said they won’t entertain paying £2400 a year. The people who signed up to bar72 weren’t interested in become a corporate client they just wanted a relaxed atmosphere and a good seat.
Exactly this.

I'm thinking I'll bail out this year and see what alternative seat they offer before next year when you all bail out and will be looking for alternative seats.

There will be a big exodus at £2366.00 next year. No value in that at all.

£2400 what do you get for that?
A pie, a pint and a programme, cash bar and cash food and all first team games. A complete nonsense. Bearing in mind the service tends not to be the fastest, it's hard to get a hot cup of tea/coffee and the bog windows are screwed shut and stink of shite. Apart from that, it's a good view from the seat in the stadium. :)

A pie, a pint and a programme, cash bar and cash food and all first team games. A complete nonsense. Bearing in mind the service tends not to be the fastest, it's hard to get a hot cup of tea/coffee and the bog windows are screwed shut and stink of shite. Apart from that, it's a good view from the seat in the stadium. :)

If that's true then I'm out, I wont be buying any season ticket or membership scheme. %^*& that, daylight robbery

Sound to me like they're trying to price you guys out of it for the corporate boys and girls.

There has to be more coming with this price hike than the basics you get just now. Any other business in the world would have let you know what you are getting before putting the prices up but Rangers like to do it different.

If you are down as corporate it will guarantee you a ticket for any away games i would assume including poets. All other corporate gets that guarantee so If I was paying £2400 and not getting that I would be asking questions. At the same time how could they guarantee it for everyone as not enough allocation ?

There has to be more coming with this price hike than the basics you get just now. Any other business in the world would have let you know what you are getting before putting the prices up but Rangers like to do it different.

If you are down as corporate it will guarantee you a ticket for any away games i would assume including poets. All other corporate gets that guarantee so If I was paying £2400 and not getting that I would be asking questions. At the same time how could they guarantee it for everyone as not enough allocation ?

I emailed the member of staff at rangers and the plan is to turn one side into sports bar and the other bar into a lounge area with seating . But when it all boils down you are being asked To pay £1350 more for a pint and pie. The only positive to it is access to away tickets

Oh well, I was undecided due to waiting on replies to my emails re the season not starting or behind closed doors re refunds. If next seasons prices are correct then they can ram it. This season sees an increase with the same shite TV's, and decor. Wat is it next season. A pint, a chaser, chips with the free pie and a standard seat in the bar

I emailed the member of staff at rangers and the plan is to turn one side into sports bar and the other bar into a lounge area with seating . But when it all boils down you are being asked To pay £1350 more for a pint and pie. The only positive to it is access to away tickets

The access to tickets is definitely A bonus, have they confirmed this will be the case?

Back