Bar 72 and MyGers. Update

Yeah that's the way I was reading it as well. If that's the case I don't see why they're going with a 30 home fixtures figure to calculate the credit. It would surely be better to wait till the end of the season and divide it by the actual number we should've played.

Also, if you are taking the 2-season package as we plan to, assume any credit would remain in place until season 22/23? Will be asking the question before renewing.

Also, if you are taking the 2-season package as we plan to, assume any credit would remain in place until season 22/23? Will be asking the question before renewing.

I think im going to do the two seasons as think there is no point in not experiencing the new look suite for at least 1 year. Also worked out that after discounts etc it will cost £1341 a year plus vat so a bit more acceptable if you do the two seasons

I think im going to do the two seasons as think there is no point in not experiencing the new look suite for at least 1 year. Also worked out that after discounts etc it will cost £1341 a year plus vat so a bit more acceptable if you do the two seasons

Agree with you. Would like to be in it for the first year at least, I suspect once you leave, it will be difficult to get back in. Hope to remain in Club72 if it’s a success.

Diddy question alert... :)

With all the discounts that you will get paying up front. How much is the total saving on buying the 2 seasons?

Edit. It's been answered above.

Diddy question alert... :)

With all the discounts that you will get paying up front. How much is the total saving on buying the 2 seasons?

basically if you buy each season individually taking none of the early payment benefits it will cost you £3806 over the two seasons including vat. If you take advantage of all the offers etc it will cost £3218 including the vat

Did question alert... :)

If you didn’t take the 2-season package or the discount for paying ‘early’ this season would be £1,440 less 2.5% = £1,404. Next season £2,366 so £3,770 total for the two seasons.

It works out at £3,219 for the two seasons maximising discounts so a fair saving if you’re planning at least one season in new facility (if my maths are right.)

That’s not to say discounts won’t be offered on renewals next year, just as it stands just now.

Last edited:
basically if you buy each season individually taking none of the early payment benefits it will cost you £3806 over the two seasons including vat. If you take advantage of all the offers etc it will cost £3218 including the vat

Does everyone not get the 2.5% no matter when you renew? ;)

Whens the closing date to sign up to mygers?

From the FAQ’s

Season 2020/2021 Memberships can be purchased at any point throughout the year.

All 2020/2021 MyGers Memberships will expire on the 31st May 2021 so we would encourage you to buy as early as possible to maximise your benefits from Membership.

A few things Greg

Why did the club go to the time, effort and cost of producing a brochure to then not send it out to all Bar 72 season ticket holders ? I assume the vast majority are completely unaware of price hike next season

Away tickets - had to come on to FF to find out Bar 72 seats now classed as corporate for the classification of away tickets, nothing from the club

MyGer - no communication from the club as to what Bar 72 holders should do. Betting many have joined up to the scheme even though a different scheme is being produced for Bar 72

It’s frustrating that none of this was laid out clearly by the club. Almost like they hadn’t thought of it and are now being reactive

Asking people to pay a hell of a lot of money compared to what they paid before - communication has been poor
@Greg Marshall - just checking that you fed this back to the club ?

To date I’ve still had zero correspondence about VIP MyGer membership and anything about £1972 price for year after next. Nothing about away tickets either

Payment due by end of May for best price but still lacking hugely in detail

Updating TV’s shouldn’t be a thing.

It’s a fucking basic commodity item. You’re not asking for a rebuild of the infrastructure. I find it embarrassing Rangers even call it out.

It would be like me telling the wife I’m updating the toilet roll this weekend.

Say if most people renewed their standard ST and people want to transferred out of Bar72, then the seats remaining would be the scraps of Club deck and Main stand rear. Would those leaving Bar72 be happy with that?

Say if most people renewed their standard ST and people want to transferred out of Bar72, then the seats remaining would be the scraps of Club deck and Main stand rear. Would those leaving Bar72 be happy with that?

That’s the main reason I’m not leaving....I have to say I don’t think there will be 100% uptake on renewals and those leaving Bar72 should have first refusal on seats that become available. The biggest issue will be securing multiple seats together in a decent area.

Glad to see the offer regarding credit, one thing we are still wary about, the 2 year deal if affordable is definitely the best option, once those 2 years finish, I’d be surprised if the renewals were not a yearly one and very much doubt there will be any discounts so you could be talking £2,300 for your ticket

Glad to see the offer regarding credit, one thing we are still wary about, the 2 year deal if affordable is definitely the best option, once those 2 years finish, I’d be surprised if the renewals were not a yearly one and very much doubt there will be any discounts so you could be talking £2,300 for your ticket

I’ve no doubt it will be at least £2,300 but probably more at least in line with inflation. Fully expecting that.

That’s the difficult part, do you sign up for 1/2 years and take the chance of a decent relocation or bail out now? The prospect of paying that amount of money for a season ticket is galling and would personally look for a move

That’s the difficult part, do you sign up for 1/2 years and take the chance of a decent relocation or bail out now? The prospect of paying that amount of money for a season ticket is galling and would personally look for a move

We are definitely doing 2 seasons then see what happens. I think a number are bailing out now, be interesting to see what alternative seats eventually get offered.

Thing is, you can’t transfer until all renewals are completed, so you lose bar 72 and are in the hands of the T/O after that albeit I think you get priority, but as other posters have mentioned, the more in your group the harder it will be

We are definitely doing 2 seasons then see what happens. I think a number are bailing out now, be interesting to see what alternative seats eventually get offered.

I am devastated I am not going to be able to afford it, love the seat perfect view.

Honestly don’t know how I feel about sitting elsewhere in Ibrox, acting like a spoiled wean but used to the guys about me and everything about bar72.

Wish I could at least punt it for a year (keep it all in my name) and save up for next years.

I am devastated I am not going to be able to afford it, love the seat perfect view.

Honestly don’t know how I feel about sitting elsewhere in Ibrox, acting like a spoiled wean but used to the guys about me and everything about bar72.

Wish I could at least punt it for a year (keep it all in my name) and save up for next years.

It’s not a good position we’ve been put in. I moved to Bar72 in 2015, after 29 years in CF3, and sit in the front row. Like you, am used to those around me, hopefully most will stay put. I just don’t want to move to a seat I know would be nowhere near as good, I’m spoiled a bit where I am.

Last edited:
It’s not a good position we’ve been put in. I moved to Bar72 in 2015, after 29 years in CF3, and sit in the front row. Like you, am used to those around me, hopefully most will stay put. I just don’t want to move to a seat I know would be nowhere near as good, I’m spoiled a bit where I am.

I bought mine there for the remaining games when Dave King and other bears took back control after boycotting home games that season as well mate.

It feels sentimental and I go to all away games I can get a ticket for and with how hard it seems to get tickets for away games it seems as though bar/club72 will be treated like hospitality and get a better chance of away tickets which would’ve been great.

If I didn’t find myself in the circumstances we are in at the moment - I would be getting a loan to pay for it no problem. I think bar72 will lose a few regulars simply because we are being priced out, even if Rangers gave us a seasons warning I wouldn’t have been bothered you could say fair enough! But they will sell them out not a problem, there will be plenty of cash handy wealthy bears who can drop that money without even thinking about it.

To date I’ve still had zero correspondence about VIP MyGer membership and anything about £1972 price for year after next. Nothing about away tickets either

Before I renewed I asked Natalie about away tickets. This was her response:-

“Once you have renewed you will receive a confirmation and welcome pack within the welcome pack you will receive an away ticket form where you can apply to be on the away ticket list.”

When I joined MyGers a pdf flier was attached to the email that stated

“For The VIP MyGers scheme, “VIP clients with a MyGers membership will have their ticket requests for all competitions managed by the Rangers Hospitality team.”

I have received my confirmation but no welcome pack yet.

Has anyone else received an email stating that RFC are refunding credit card payments today for hospitality and will need to take payment again on June 8th ?

To do with a new merchant provider ?

Has anyone else received an email stating that RFC are refunding credit card payments today for hospitality and will need to take payment again on June 8th ?

To do with a new merchant provider ?

I've emailed and awaiting a response. Paid last Wednesday but payments not come off and no confirmation either but I know someone who got the email you're talking about.

Thats the weird thing - I've not had payment taken either yet there is talk of a refund ?

It's a bit of a shambles. Did you get a confirmation? Nothing here at all, was told money would be taken at the end of last week. Will update if I get a reply to my email.

I was told the move to a new credit card provider meant that the money wouldn’t show up for a couple of weeks but that I’d still be eligible for the 7.5% discount. Suits me as it will now not need paid until near the end of July.

I was told the move to a new credit card provider meant that the money wouldn’t show up for a couple of weeks but that I’d still be eligible for the 7.5% discount. Suits me as it will now not need paid until near the end of July.

Did you get renewal confirmation?

How did you guys renew? I've sent the form back but I've just realised I don't think the club have my credit card details and there wasn't anywhere on the form to include them.

How did you guys renew? I've sent the form back but I've just realised I don't think the club have my credit card details and there wasn't anywhere on the form to include them.

Phoned up and gave credit card details over phone although I think there is bank transfer info on the invoice too.

How much is mygers VIP. I paid my season ticket today, not had any conformation as yet tho

Back