Bar 72 and MyGers. Update

I finally made up my mind to renew but everytime I tried over the past couple of days stuck in a perpetual loop on the website saying I have "no season ticket renewals to add to your basket".

Going to try to find 10 minutes to ring them tomorrow but would have been much more convenient to do online. Did anyone else have this issue?

I finally made up my mind to renew but everytime I tried over the past couple of days stuck in a perpetual loop on the website saying I have "no season ticket renewals to add to your basket".

Going to try to find 10 minutes to ring them tomorrow but would have been much more convenient to do online. Did anyone else have this issue?

You don’t renew online. You fill out the renewal form and scan it and email back to Natalie who then sends you an invoice . I just did bank transfer from there

You don’t renew online. You fill out the renewal form and scan it and email back to Natalie who then sends you an invoice . I just did bank transfer from there
Ah, well that’s a nuisance. I just have missed one of the emails.
Thanks for replying, much appreciated.

What does this get you over and above a normal ST?

Every 1st team home game on ST, one drink on arrival, beer, wine or soft drink, pie, programme. Corporate for away tickets domestic & European. MC & ex-player Q&A’s. Refurbed sports lounge/bar as per post #298.

Just received an email from the club advising you can request, in writing, a refund for the games that weren't payed last season. It's something I wasn't bothered about but given the large hike in prices this season I'm thinking of doing it.

Just received an email from the club advising you can request, in writing, a refund for the games that weren't payed last season. It's something I wasn't bothered about but given the large hike in prices this season I'm thinking of doing it.

Was that from the Hospitality Dept. or a generic email from Rangers?

Are Bar72 going to provide the same pies that are sold in the kiosks around the ground?.........

How did you guys renew? I've sent the form back but I've just realised I don't think the club have my credit card details and there wasn't anywhere on the form to include them.

I received a Hospitality Invoice from them after I had sent the form back - that had the bank details on it and I paid it in full via bank transfer. The purchase now shows up in my orders section in my Rangers Account.

No, nothing there.
The SPFL’s decision to end the 2019/20 season prematurely has created some immediate challenges for Rangers Football Club and our loyal fan base.

We were fortunate that this season, supported by our European run, Ibrox hosted 29 first team matches but we remain acutely aware that VIP Hospitality clients have missed out on the five SPFL Premiership home matches, planned as part of the remaining domestic fixture list.

As a recap, the following steps have already been implemented to reward the loyalty of hospitality clients:

• Increased 7.5% discount on 2020/21 renewals (deadline Friday 29th May)
  • Three months complimentary All Areas Access to Rangers TV
  • Complimentary Hospitality invites for the next Ibrox Friendly match
  • Commitment to refund pro-rata any lost games for the 2020/21 season

We are cognisant of the impact on you as a valued client, and appreciate that you will share our frustration at the current situation we face. There is no doubt that we are all equally yearning for a return to football at Ibrox.

Clients that are in a position to allow outstanding funds to remain within the club, will be providing a hugely beneficial level of support which will be greatly appreciated, especially in the current economic environment. The opportunity to work together during this unprecedented time will have a positive impact upon the club and will not be taken for granted.

The board have reiterated their commitment towards strengthening the first team squad through further investment so that Rangers are competing, and winning, in Domestic and European competitions next season. Furthermore, work continues on several other ambitious projects within our club, to fulfil our mission to set the standard both on and off the field in Scotland.

We recognise and value every individual client. With that in mind, we are cognisant that individual clients face circumstances which may mean they are in a position which requires them to make a request for refunds or credit against future purchases.

Each individual request will be carefully considered and approved by the board as received through your hospitality account manager, requests should be made in writing by the 31 August 2020.

We thank you for your continued support and look forward to welcoming you back to Ibrox in the near future.

See if you can’t afford the massive increase in price this season but still want a season ticket what happens then? The increase wasn’t communicated to bar72 season ticket holders before hand so have I just to miss out on having a season ticket now?

The SPFL’s decision to end the 2019/20 season prematurely has created some immediate challenges for Rangers Football Club and our loyal fan base.

We were fortunate that this season, supported by our European run, Ibrox hosted 29 first team matches but we remain acutely aware that VIP Hospitality clients have missed out on the five SPFL Premiership home matches, planned as part of the remaining domestic fixture list.

As a recap, the following steps have already been implemented to reward the loyalty of hospitality clients:

• Increased 7.5% discount on 2020/21 renewals (deadline Friday 29th May)
  • Three months complimentary All Areas Access to Rangers TV
  • Complimentary Hospitality invites for the next Ibrox Friendly match
  • Commitment to refund pro-rata any lost games for the 2020/21 season

We are cognisant of the impact on you as a valued client, and appreciate that you will share our frustration at the current situation we face. There is no doubt that we are all equally yearning for a return to football at Ibrox.

Clients that are in a position to allow outstanding funds to remain within the club, will be providing a hugely beneficial level of support which will be greatly appreciated, especially in the current economic environment. The opportunity to work together during this unprecedented time will have a positive impact upon the club and will not be taken for granted.

The board have reiterated their commitment towards strengthening the first team squad through further investment so that Rangers are competing, and winning, in Domestic and European competitions next season. Furthermore, work continues on several other ambitious projects within our club, to fulfil our mission to set the standard both on and off the field in Scotland.

We recognise and value every individual client. With that in mind, we are cognisant that individual clients face circumstances which may mean they are in a position which requires them to make a request for refunds or credit against future purchases.

Each individual request will be carefully considered and approved by the board as received through your hospitality account manager, requests should be made in writing by the 31 August 2020.

We thank you for your continued support and look forward to welcoming you back to Ibrox in the near future.

That's why I am surprised at a further email. 2.5% discount on the 2-season package is £87 plus we also got the £25, so £112. At last season's ST price for us, £1060, it works out at £31 per game, 5 games missed is £155. I realise the discount will be less for those only renewing for one season but I don't see many people pursuing this.

Last edited:
See if you can’t afford the massive increase in price this season but still want a season ticket what happens then? The increase wasn’t communicated to bar72 season ticket holders before hand so have I just to miss out on having a season ticket now?

Contact Natalie or Pippa. They have said ST holders that want to move will be supported by the TO & Hospitality.

Feel sorry for folk like yourself mate. An unfortunate position for many people no doubt. Suppose the one upside is that if anyone takes vacated seats then I assume people like yourself will have priority of transferring to their seats. Appreciate it won't have the perks of Bar72, but better than nothing I suppose

Very steep prices imo... you would be as well spending an extra few quid at that rate on full blown hospitality season tickets in Club Cooper or similar where you get decent seats and free food and bevvy and get to climb the marble staircase every game.

The cost of following Rangers on a regular basis has now become totally prohibitive.

If you want to participate in any meaningful way, you need to have the disposable income of a prince.

I seem to be in the minority here, given the posts on this and the Castore thread amongst others, but I simply can't afford it anymore.

The cost of following Rangers on a regular basis has now become totally prohibitive.

If you want to participate in any meaningful way, you need to have the disposable income of a prince.

I seem to be in the minority here, given the posts on this and the Castore thread amongst others, but I simply can't afford it anymore.
Certainly some sacrifices need to be made, well I do

the price for bar72 is unbelievable

I think the club have decided that the seats are premium and can easily be sold as hospitality with a similar set up to the club Europe suites and this is the initial step towards that.

kick in the stones for the fans that have had their seats for a few years up there that will be priced out.

Could someone please explain what way the away ticket allocations will work as corporate hospitality now as opposed to being on the CCCS previously. Thanks.

I think the club have decided that the seats are premium and can easily be sold as hospitality with a similar set up to the club Europe suites and this is the initial step towards that.

kick in the stones for the fans that have had their seats for a few years up there that will be priced out.
am not in bar72 but even I know this is utter pish what is happening to the regular punters in the area.

2k should get you it least 3 seasons worth Not 2!!!
kick in the stones indeed

This is precisely the case-Bisgroves interview a couple of weeks ago alluded to that.

I don’t think circa £150 refund is going to make much of a dent in next years price hike tbh so doubt I’ll follow that up but I can’t say that I didn’t think “well they’re fucking us over with the prices so why not?”

Given my attitude before all the news of the changes came about was “Rangers should keep any money owed” I think that is telling in regard to my feelings towards the club over this.

am not in bar72 but even I know this is utter pish what is happening to the regular punters in the area.

2k should get you it least 3 seasons worth Not 2!!!
kick in the stones indeed
I agree with your 1st line, from £1100 to £2366 in 2 years is a piss take for regular punters. But to then suggest that £2k should get you 3 seasons is ridiculous. That is less than it is in the enclosure etc.

My ST is in B72, has been since day 1 and the initial 3 season package. After giving it a lot of thought , I have paid the £3219 for the next 2 seasons because I have a great seat, it includes all games and saves a lot of hassle. It will be interesting to see if it improves any after that.

Reality is they are limited what they can do there, the bar areas are too small as it is. But instead of the current app 30% usage outwith scum games, everybody will use the actual bar now because a prog, a pie and drink are included. Usually I am in the bar 3 or 4 times a season but will go every game now, most times just to get the fat bastard pie and give a free pint to one of my mates :)

Exactly this.

I'm thinking I'll bail out this year and see what alternative seat they offer before next year when you all bail out and will be looking for alternative seats.

There will be a big exodus at £2366.00 next year. No value in that at all.
Unfortunately the spare seats will not be very appealing.

I agree with your 1st line, from £1100 to £2366 in 2 years is a piss take for regular punters. But to then suggest that £2k should get you 3 seasons is ridiculous. That is less than it is in the enclosure etc.

My ST is in B72, has been since day 1 and the initial 3 season package. After giving it a lot of thought , I have paid the £3219 for the next 2 seasons because I have a great seat, it includes all games and saves a lot of hassle. It will be interesting to see if it improves any after that.

Reality is they are limited what they can do there, the bar areas are too small as it is. But instead of the current app 30% usage outwith scum games, everybody will use the actual bar now because a prog, a pie and drink are included. Usually I am in the bar 3 or 4 times a season but will go every game now, most times just to get the fat bastard pie and give a free pint to one of my mates :)

Your point about capacity and usage is interesting, especially if they’re effectively turning one entire side into table service/higher end food.

Trying to get served at a mentally challenged game is hard enough, I can’t see people accepting that sort of thing meekly if they’re getting wrung for nearly £90 a match.

Your point about capacity and usage is interesting, especially if they’re effectively turning one entire side into table service/higher end food.

Trying to get served at a mentally challenged game is hard enough, I can’t see people accepting that sort of thing meekly if they’re getting wrung for nearly £90 a match.

The two season package is £3,219. Based on 30 games per season (give or take), that’s £54 per game.

The two season package is £3,219. Based on 30 games per season (give or take), that’s £54 per game.

I was taking next season as a stand-alone(as it will be in future I imagine) and a 25-28 game season (I think it’s possibly a bit generous to include friendlies against Bury etc if we’re also forecasting a good euro run)

In any case, to be absolutely honest the minutiae of p/m cost is by the by, if you’re punting a “premium product” then standards are going to need to be raised and, more importantly, maintained.

Some of the figures quoted on this thread are horrendous.

Appreciate it's the going rate & I'm sure the Club will sell the majority at those prices but it just doesn't sit well with me at all not just at Rangers but within football in general.

Feel sorry for folk like yourself mate. An unfortunate position for many people no doubt. Suppose the one upside is that if anyone takes vacated seats then I assume people like yourself will have priority of transferring to their seats. Appreciate it won't have the perks of Bar72, but better than nothing I suppose

turns out not to be the case mate,can’t do anything until the renewal deadline has past in terms of getting a new seat

That’s shocking so you’d need to renew as I would then ask for a seat move?
That's the way it usually works, unfortunately if the vast majority do renew their ST, then you are looking at the scraps from Club deck, Main stand rear and the ends of the enclosures as the most likely destination.

That's the way it usually works, unfortunately if the vast majority do renew their ST, then you are looking at the scraps from Club deck, Main stand rear and the ends of the enclosures as the most likely destination.
I’ve only moved once myself when my dad gave up his can’t remember how long ago now. Just think with the pay hike they could’ve helped more

I’ve only moved once myself when my dad gave up his can’t remember how long ago now. Just think with the pay hike they could’ve helped more

I think they will but it’s down to what becomes available. The only reason we are staying is reluctance to give up a good seat for God knows what. I moved in 2015, don’t want to have to move again.

i suppose it's unfortunate from the perspective of fans who have owned Bar72 tickets but can no longer afford them - but in the end, as long as someone buys them at their new price, then Rangers are making significantly more money and the corporate facilities have received an upgrade.

We are screaming out for us to improve the infrastrucure and maximise revenues.

This is it in effect.

How do you sign up for the VIP MyGers scheme Bears? I'm totally confused. Still haven't paid anything and don't actually know if I'm getting the 7.5% discount despite filling in the application weeks ago. Recently got a direct debate mandate in an email and had that sent off but it may not have arrived at Ibrox until today 1st June. Hopefully get the discount since all our paperwork was submitted weeks ago.

Anyone know how you would go about a seat swap towards the end of next season? Could you effectively advertise your CLUB 72 season ticket (we have 2 front row together) for a swap in a decent seat in the SJR for instance? Then just write to the club stating you want to swap with 2 others together - wee white lie that they are friends or family?

Just a thought.

How do you sign up for the VIP MyGers scheme Bears? I'm totally confused. Still haven't paid anything and don't actually know if I'm getting the 7.5% discount despite filling in the application weeks ago. Recently got a direct debate mandate in an email and had that sent off but it may not have arrived at Ibrox until today 1st June. Hopefully get the discount since all our paperwork was submitted weeks ago.

Anyone know how you would go about a seat swap towards the end of next season? Could you effectively advertise your CLUB 72 season ticket (we have 2 front row together) for a swap in a decent seat in the SJR for instance? Then just write to the club stating you want to swap with 2 others together - wee white lie that they are friends or family?

Just a thought.
I'm kinda in the same situation. I sent the renewal form away last Tuesday and haven't heard anything since. I've phoned up Natalie a few times but it's went straight to the answer machine and I haven't had a reply to the message I left. I'm quite surprised at that as I'd emailed the club when we got the renewal form through initially and I got a call within 10 minutes. I also tried calling the ticket office on Friday but there was a message saying the lines were down (or something similar). My concern here is the 7.5% discount and whether or not I'll get it.

Just a thought.
Regarding MyGers when I signed up it was on the open screen along with usual home tickets etc. Second point I’ve no idea I’d guess it might be like when I moved my seat 6/7 years ago, you state areas you’d like then they either deduct price or raise it regarding on move. I knows this isn’t much help but just my experience

Back