I was an original Bar 72 member and it has lasted well. What is Club 72? Is it the same area rebranded or is it the end boxes in Argyle House?

it’s bar72 but modernised ( was needing it anyway as was a bit tired) and a pie and pint on arrival

I took the two year deal last year as well. Most of my mates have done likewise. Whilst Rangers did not broadcast the cost of two year deal to all B72 holders, it did not take long to research and uncover this information.

The price rise is high but it Is down to supply & demand.

Whilst I can afford to pay for Club 72, I will continue to treat myself to a premium experience. Bottom line is the club need to maximise income if we wish to be successful.

Communication from VIP staff is poor and can and should be greatly improved.
Most of the time, I need to initiate dialogue with Hospitality staff to find out what is going on. They need to adopt a much more professional approach in line with the charges being levied.

as it stands currently all points I had prior to the forming of mygers have been frozen for me now that I’m a hospitality client. I think I have around 1000 points but I’ve earned no points for having my season ticket this year or next so when I leave bar72 I’ll be dumped down in bronze with no chance of away tickets etc even though by the end of next season I’ll have sent around £6000 in season tickets over the last 5 years

I was told by Pippa points would be added retrospectively if we leave, makes no sense why it can’t be done now, we are accruing points for everything else it seems barring season ticket.

VIP MyGers is an enigma, simple things like the shop opening was available to Gold, Silver then Bronze, no mention of VIP unless you paid to go to some screening of a match iirc.

Away tickets should be interesting, like many, we should be in Gold but for the missing points. Where are all the tickets coming from to satisfy all these new ‘corporate’ clients? It might transpire our chances were better in Gold.

I won’t even get started on the cost discussion, the comms around the changes were shambolic at best and what happened around refunds was a disgrace.

they will sell easily as it’s much better value than other hospitality suites which I personally think offer poor value for money especially as they only get you league games.
I’ve spoken to the club and said they are missing a trick if they don’t create new areas between £1200-1500 like the old bar72

Club Deck.

It is crying out for that. CD3/4/5/6 all perfect for that.

I took the two year deal last year as well. Most of my mates have done likewise. Whilst Rangers did not broadcast the cost of two year deal to all B72 holders, it did not take long to research and uncover this information.

The price rise is high but it Is down to supply & demand.

Whilst I can afford to pay for Club 72, I will continue to treat myself to a premium experience. Bottom line is the club need to maximise income if we wish to be successful.

Communication from VIP staff is poor and can and should be greatly improved.
Most of the time, I need to initiate dialogue with Hospitality staff to find out what is going on. They need to adopt a much more professional approach in line with the charges being levied.

nearly all the issues the club have with this could have been avoided by a simply email last year stating all the options. It shouldn’t be up to fans to ask questions to things like the 2 year option. That should have been given to all season ticket holders. If I wasn’t on here I would never have known about it.

You'd certainly earn your pint climbing all those stairs :D
I moved from the Govan Rear to the Club Deck when it opened. Big mistake. Smaller seats, less leg room and all those stairs - even though I was much younger then. It was a killer. Great view though.

I think giving this season at the previous price, for those who didn’t take a refund last year, would be a small gesture from the Club.

A hell of a lot of Bar72 won’t pay the increase. Those prices are extreme for what you get unless the new set up is really special.
I agree & I proposed this. Or give us the refund we turned down last season as a credit this season. I just think 2 increases since we last attended a match & especially not being forthcoming with this increase. I know the price was on here & elsewhere but unless it comes to my e-mail inbox it doesn’t mean much. At least give the fans who paid last year a chance to watch the team from the seats they paid for for a season.

Also, the refurbed bar might be spectacular, but the main attraction is the match itself & that’s what the majority of the cost should be. Example they offered a £15 per match voucher for the bar to be used at a later date if we attended matches last season but couldn’t access the facilities. So that tells you what they value the facilities at out-with the match ticket.

One thing I will say.
If I’m paying over £100 a game next year then the pain in the arse in East who tries to evacuate the place 20 minutes before kick off like there’s a fire in the stairwell can get to fu.ck :D

Not how I read it mate, and this is indefensible from the Club.

It was mooted on here at the time this seasons increase became known that the plan was for a further increase 22/23, how much substance there was in that I’ve no idea.

I certainly asked that specific question at the end of last year, didn’t get answer.

Not how I read it mate, and this is indefensible from the Club.
Aye, looks like it was me misunderstanding I guess:

the price was hiked up by £1000 this summer to £2366.40 (a snazzy £1972+VAT) this is after the price jumped from around £1100 to £1400 last summer without any consultation with members. We paid our money & declined the offer last July of refunds on a per-match basis to support the club in the pursuit of 55. Now the renewals come in & they’ve added another £1000 on?!

The fella and his son who sat next to me took out the 2 year option and then asked for a refund for the 'hospitality' components for this season. The person they spoke to on the phone told them they would then have to give their seats up, until it was pointed out they had already paid for next season. They actually ended up asking for, and getting, a full refund for next season. I asked where they'd moved to and they've actually given up their tickets altogether as they're so pissed off about it all.

Aye, looks like it was me misunderstanding I guess:

the price was hiked up by £1000 this summer to £2366.40 (a snazzy £1972+VAT) this is after the price jumped from around £1100 to £1400 last summer without any consultation with members. We paid our money & declined the offer last July of refunds on a per-match basis to support the club in the pursuit of 55. Now the renewals come in & they’ve added another £1000 on?!
Yup :))

I think next season you get a free pint, pie and match day programme as part of the package as well so it has been upgraded as well as the cosmetic upgrades we’ve seen clips of

I think next season you get a free pint, pie and match day programme as part of the package as well so it has been upgraded as well as the cosmetic upgrades we’ve seen clips of

Two of which many have no interest in. Consultation would’ve been good. There was meant to be a focus group, again nothing further has been communicated.

I found out through a poster on here, I then sent @bluestreak the information I got.
Two of which many have no interest in. Consultation would’ve been good. There was meant to be a focus group, again nothing further has been communicated.
My mate has sent an email to Natalie asking if the Pie, Pint and Programme option can be amended so that you could mix and match and pick 3 pints , or 3 pies if you prefer . Or 2 pints and a programme , 2 pies and a programme , 1 pie and 2 programmes . Not everyone drinks for example so it will be interesting if they agree to make it flexible .

:D :D

There’s more chance of the poster aboves mate getting to swap his pie and programme for another 2 pints of lager.
100% mate I just don’t understand the “You should’ve known” attitude when it wasn’t widely released by the Club.

£1000 from the £1400 last summer.

100% mate I just don’t understand the “You should’ve known” attitude when it wasn’t widely released by the Club.
The only place the price needed advertised was current Bar72 ticket holders e-mail inboxes. As it’s our option to renew. Why advertise a price before giving members their renewals? It’s us who needed to know.

a simple email with the link to the brochure was all that was required. The cynic in me thinks they actively didn’t want people finding out
If people knew last summer a £1000 increase was coming in 21/22 they might not have renewed for 20/21. Then the club would have to try & sell a £1400 season ticket to someone on the waiting list with no idea when we could attend matches again.

My mate has sent an email to Natalie asking if the Pie, Pint and Programme option can be amended so that you could mix and match and pick 3 pints , or 3 pies if you prefer . Or 2 pints and a programme , 2 pies and a programme , 1 pie and 2 programmes . Not everyone drinks for example so it will be interesting if they agree to make it flexible .
I’m a blind, tea-total vegan.

Looking forward to what option Natalie gives me to justify the extra cash.

Joking aside, would much prefer 3 pints, but they simply won’t entertain it

I’m a blind, tea-total vegan.

Looking forward to what option Natalie gives me to justify the extra cash.

Joking aside, would much prefer 3 pints, but they simply won’t entertain it
They are all roughly the same price so I don’t see why not . It’s a tenners or eleven quid worth of stuff( roughly) regardless of what you choose. They could give you a fob and once the £11 is spent that’s it . I wouldn’t want a programme for example but I might take two pints and a pie. Collectors might want three programmes. Large people might even take 3 pies, but we should have the option. It can’t be classed as VIP hospitality when you are force fed a pie you don’t want or a programme you’ve no interest in . How hard can it be

Always thought the artists impressions were pretty awful tbh. No significant Improvements really.

Surprised that nothing has started however.

Always thought the artists impressions were pretty awful tbh. No significant Improvements really.

Surprised that nothing has started however.
the bar is definitely different from before and the tacky signs at the front have the new club crest which only came to being last July so that's new

If people knew last summer a £1000 increase was coming in 21/22 they might not have renewed for 20/21. Then the club would have to try & sell a £1400 season ticket to someone on the waiting list with no idea when we could attend matches again.
With respect mate, I thought the club were very very clear last year that the price was being increased in two large increments over the two season. If you didn’t get that communication - or the follow up emails we all received about the COVID situation asking us to confirm our decisions - then I’d be checking your Spam folder or making sure your contact details are correct.

In fact, the price the only thing they were clear on in an otherwise shambolic customer experience. And it generated a lot of discussion on here. Which is how many of us found out (too late in my case, which wrankles) about the two year option the club were offering but which didn’t feature on the renewal form.

I have still never been able to join VIP MyGers. I gave up after the 5th or 6th email chase, the first two of which only got a reply telling me to phone, the remaining emails were ignored. I tried to phone maybe a dozen times, and left voicemails. Never got a call back.

If the club can sell our seats for more money then they will. And you know what I don’t really have a problem with that. But it was abysmally handled as the club should have been way more proactive is helping fans who couldn’t afford the doubling of the cost to find new seats elsewhere. Telling them to join the back of the queue was dreadful IMO.

I gave my bar 72 seat up last year due to the planned second year increase - I virtually never used the facilities and decided I couldn’t justify the cash for the games only -
last season my understanding was that anyone leaving bar 72 had priority on a season ticket I think they were first to get offers not sure if the same this year - I got a replacement seat six rows back from my bar 72 seat
I have some sympathy for the posters feeling marginalised - I think the club could have been more tactful in the way they handled it - there was also a lot of information that I got that came from here or through conversations with club reps that took too long to be officially shared
I know they eventually disclosed the second season price hike but I heard of it from someone offered the two year deal over the phone and they asked how it was a deal and at that point they disclosed the second season price which then explained the price

I hope those leaving get sorted with tickets
I was fortunate I have other seats together so was happy to take a single seat but hope

the bar is definitely different from before and the tacky signs at the front have the new club crest which only came to being last July so that's new
You’re right. Thats fuking awful.

Just waiting for them to put in the standard definition TVs again

People asking about what Club 72 looks like, did I not see a link previously to a Derek Johnston video showcasing the changes that were made to Bar 72 for it to become Club 72 ? Maybe a link to RTV ? If I did it was probably on a thread on here

As someone reading this who is a season ticket holder elsewhere and not in Bar 72, could someone lay out the pricing of the last say 4 years of a season ticket in Bar 72 and what their proposing for this year?

From reading the earlier comments, seems like the club are at it here big time!

I'd suggest that the way the club are behaving in some aspects right now they wouldn't get away with if we hadn't won the league, and a lot of the people unbothered right now will be down their throats if things start going badly.

Its not just in this instance the fans are being taken for granted.

Back