End of the day. The demand for it is there and folk will pay it.

The prices for this season were all over FF last season at this same time. But as you say, I appreciate your new on here.

Just curious how the price increase was known on here, but yet you weren't aware.

See out of interest, is there a dress code for club 72 moving forward. When bar 72 it seemed to be casual. Is the switch to club 72 moving towards formal wear style?

I would have thought freeze prices for this coming season then confirm increasing next. The difference in price for season just finishing but for the same product i.e. games on the telly should be taken into account

As someone reading this who is a season ticket holder elsewhere and not in Bar 72, could someone lay out the pricing of the last say 4 years of a season ticket in Bar 72 and what their proposing for this year?

From reading the earlier comments, seems like the club are at it here big time!
last 4 years have been (approx.) £1,090, £1,180, £1,600, £2,250.

As I said, if the club can generate increased income then I’ve no complaints really at the price increases. Law of supply and demand. But I think the comms have been poor and that they’ve been no one near proactive enough in helping Bears who can’t meet the new prices.

I use my ticket about 4-6 times a year. At best I get up for 8 games a year these days. I contemplated giving up with the prize rises and looked at taking out two seats together else (same cost to me, but maybe more useful to my RSC which uses my card moat of the time). I was essentially told to join the queue which irked me. I’m lucky I can afford to think of it as a donation really, but for others it will have priced them out and I think they were owed a bit more support from the club.

End of the day. The demand for it is there and folk will pay it.

The prices for this season were all over FF last season at this same time. But as you say, I appreciate your new on here.

Just curious how the price increase was known on here, but yet you weren't aware.

it was known on here because people went digging for answers . The club didn’t voluntarily give out the information.

As a show of goodwill this seasons price should have been frozen for next season like every other season ticket. Instead the price has jumped up over £1000 from the last time we got in to games With only a pie and pint and a tarted up lounge the difference. It’s also worth noting that the club gave nothing back for the lost games in season 19/20 so a wee bit of goodwill would have went a long way

a lot of people on hear arent bothered about it as they say it’s all supply and demand but fans would change their tune if rangers doubled the cost of all season tickets and gave everybody a pie and a pint as that’s essentially the only real difference in what is being offered

Last edited:
With the Euro qualifiers, group & last 32/16 it can work out an average of just under £40 a ticket. But there’s no guarantees of European football at the start of any given season. Admittedly since Gerrard has come in the European runs have made the ticket worthwhile but it’s never guaranteed.
Definitely was good value at that - I’m not much less per game in the main stand with no Pie/pint.
I can understand why the prices have gone up as we’re looking to a position where we expect a good euro run and the price per game is underpriced on that basis.

There is no doubt the communication and admin of this hasn’t been well handled.
We all understand that the club finances have been reliant on shareholder investors - none more so in this last year and the Euro ticket money was a big hole.

That said, I think there have been a few own goals where opportunities to reward the loyalty of fans has been missed.-the POTY is the latest example.

Shareholder investors have been superb but let’s be honest without 42k season we’d be screwed

This has been badly handled by the club. Firstly they did indicate that their would be credits for last season. I would have accepted not getting any credit if they had kept the price the same as last year as they have done with all other season tickets.Before they changed it to a corporate ticket they should have engaged with all the current season ticket holders and offered those who don’t want to move an alternative rather than just take it or leave it.Most of the people in there have had their tickets for a number of years and the treatment has been shabby to say the least. The club is rightly critical of the governing bodies in Scottish Football for not treating all clubs with consistency but on this occasion they are guilty of treating bar 72 season ticket holders differently from all other season ticket holders.They keep sending the message that it’s the Rangers family this is not how you treat family members .

As someone reading this who is a season ticket holder elsewhere and not in Bar 72, could someone lay out the pricing of the last say 4 years of a season ticket in Bar 72 and what their proposing for this year?

From reading the earlier comments, seems like the club are at it here big time!
18/19 - £1,008
19/20 - £1,060
20/21 - £1,440
21/22 - £2,366

Until last season there were slight variances if you were centre/side seats, everyone now pays the same.

Definitely was good value at that - I’m not much less per game in the main stand with no Pie/pint.
I can understand why the prices have gone up as we’re looking to a position where we expect a good euro run and the price per game is underpriced on that basis.

There is no doubt the communication and admin of this hasn’t been well handled.
We all understand that the club finances have been reliant on shareholder investors - none more so in this last year and the Euro ticket money was a big hole.

That said, I think there have been a few own goals where opportunities to reward the loyalty of fans has been missed.-the POTY is the latest example.

Shareholder investors have been superb but let’s be honest without 42k season we’d be screwed
You didn't get the pie/ pint at that price. You were paying for your seat and access to the bar only.

Talking of which, Lounge 72 at Uddingston cross is opening on Monday 17th May.
Alex McDonald is officially opening the place and sing Jodie Pollock will be there in the evening.
Local bears can hopefully give it their full support.

so they’ve taken the 3-2 signage away from behind the bar and added some oversized lettering that says “Bar” as if the fonts and general bar area don’t make it obvious enough :D
And yet when you look at the mock up pictures of how it's supposed to look there is a large tv screen in that area. This doesn't bode well.

And yet when you look at the mock up pictures of how it's supposed to look there is a large tv screen in that area. This doesn't bode well.

it was never going to be anything wow as they seem to have this obsession with bold tacky signage that is put up everywhere. I’m my opinion they needed to take the food away from where the bar is or at least have two different queues as that is what caused the most bottlenecks

I’ve said my feeling on here numerous times about how disappointed I am in the club and they way they have handled this whole thing. I’ve came to the conclusion that the club don’t give a toss about fans and when push comes to shove they will happily treat fans like crap if it suits them and they think they can make a fast buck.

1. The first issue I had was the complete lack of communication from the club last season. At no point when they raised the price up by £400 did they say that it was a stepping stone to a much larger increase this coming season. This was deliberately hid from people. It was disgusting that the club put up the price that much when they must have known there was a good chance that fans might not get in to games plus the small matter of the suite not being done up until

2. I ended up taking the two year option which brought the cost down to around £1600 per season for last year and this coming year. This offer wasn’t made public and so I’ve benefitted from it but lots of others are completely unaware about it.

3. Vip mygers is another con where if I decide to leave bar 72 next year ( which I am ), currently all the mygers points I would have received would be worth nothing and I would go straight down to bronze. Apparently the club are looking at this but as usual nothing is done.

4. the offer of refunds/ credits for this current season was verging on criminal. Those who took up the option for a refund were essentially blackmailed in to withdrawing the claim while those who asked for a credit now get to put this against next years ticket which isn’t fair in the slightest.

I have no issue with the club needing finance as we all want a successful club but there are times when I just feel that the fans loyalty is being taken advantage of. In no other business could you treat customers like they have done. Last night was the classic example where the club could have shown a bit of humility and gave the player of the year night for free to season ticket holders
Ime not in Bar72 so don't know the ins and outs but your last point is a very good one,we all paid our season ticket money last season to support the Club but its a 2 way street,a small acknowledgement like free access to view the player of the year night would have been appreciated by many.

Ime not in Bar72 so don't know the ins and outs but your last point is a very good one,we all paid our season ticket money last season to support the Club but its a 2 way street,a small acknowledgement like free access to view the player of the year night would have been appreciated by many.
See the other thread on POTY event.

Bar72 was consistently under priced for years. It’s supply and demand they will sell out And still have a waiting list.

Back