Bar72 for Leverkusen game for gold MyGers members

Can't help but feel the club would have made more by doing something like a pie and a pint for £15-£20 and offering table service given how busy Ibrox will be with the shop opening. Louden it is for me instead!

It's up to folk to do what they want with their own cash.

But the last time bar72 wanted 35 to 40 quid a head to watch a European game in the run up to Christmas was the last straw for me.

This is just more of that crap. 75 quid is fuckin mental, absolutely shambolically mental.

We are a business, and I get we need to make money. But ripping the arse right out of fans like this is a poor poor affair.

I'm in.

I think this new Marketing team are out of touch with reality and especially as someone else said, in the current climate.
If we were 3-1 ahead from the first leg and was on a Saturday they might have half a chance but i don't think this has been fully thought through.
I hope for the clubs sake it works out.

I find it strange that I received an email last week stating I would get £15 food and drink voucher for every game we could attend at Ibrox that Bar72 would be shut.
Then the next day I receive an email saying Bar72 would be open for the Leverkusen away game.
What’s the difference?
That £1200 season ticket sounds so worth it now...not

I’d be suprised if this sold out . Even with free food and drink it’s steep . At 30 quid these things were justifiable if it was a massive game . But when it’s a game not many expect to win it’s not for me

I think this new Marketing team are out of touch with reality and especially as someone else said, in the current climate.
If we were 3-1 ahead from the first leg and was on a Saturday they might have half a chance but i don't think this has been fully thought through.

While progress and modernization has to be applauded I'd imagine there's only a limited period that fans will go along with premium/over the top prices.

There's a very fine line between increasing revenue and taking the piss, this is the latter. Particularly as people have commited their cash for that area of the ground with absolutely no idea when they'll get a chance to see a game live in the ground this season

they won’t get everything right

don’t think there will be w big uptake on this

Genuine question.
If you are paying for entry to the venue is Vat 5% or 20%?

They are giving free food and drink.
Does the VAT on an entry fee change?
There are also different criteria for admissions to things in the link I posted. 5% isn't a blanket change it comes with conditions and I don't think this meets them

Having paid a hefty increase for my seat in Bar 72 it would have been a nice gesture to let us in for free. They would still have made a profit from the bar and it wouldn’t have cost the punters £75 to watch a game on the telly.

Absolutely.

I fully support the club trying to increase revenue but the fact that we’ve fronted up the guts of £1.5k a head for no football in the exact same surroundings and here the club have an opportunity to give a token gesture back but chosen not to feels a bit clumsy.

In fact, it’s not that that stings a bit. It’s thinking that almost certainly not one person at the club thought of that as an idea.

Absolutely.

I fully support the club trying to increase revenue but the fact that we’ve fronted up the guts of £1.5k a head for no football in the exact same surroundings and here the club have an opportunity to give a token gesture back but chosen not to feels a bit clumsy.

In fact, it’s not that that stings a bit. It’s thinking that almost certainly not one person at the club thought of that as an idea.
Bar/Club 72 is full to capacity with Season members. The capacity for this will have to be much lower due to social distancing, so they couldn't possibly let all members in for this screening.

Bar/Club 72 is full to capacity with Season members. The capacity for this will have to be much lower due to social distancing, so they couldn't possibly let all members in for this screening.

Of course.
I expect that it won’t be the only live screening in there though.
Believe me mate, I’m not having a go for the sake of it, I just believe sometimes you can go out of your way to think outside the box a bit and be able to offer a bit back and this is potentially a bit of an easy win imo.

Of course.
I expect that it won’t be the only live screening in there though.
Believe me mate, I’m not having a go for the sake of it, I just believe sometimes you can go out of your way to think outside the box a bit and be able to offer a bit back and this is potentially a bit of an easy win imo.
You're probably right. This could be better thought through. It's a lot of money to pay out for a season in Club 72 with no matches on the horizon.

It’s not a finger buffet it’s a hot plate buffet where they serve you what you ask for.

75 quid is absolutely shocking. The club are taking the piss here. If people pay for it, then fair enough but I wouldn't be surprised to see this event unfortunately cancelled.

Absolutely.

My view entirely Bobby. It’s time the Club realised loyalty is not a one way street. It’s a bit like the “ clap for carers” thing. All very well the Club saying they appreciate our tremendous support ,another thing giving us something back.

Just had an email offering a space to watch the game in Bar 72 on Thursday. Free drinks and buffet.

£75 plus vat per person.

That’s not too bad but I can’t get away from work.
So why then can’t I watch the St Mirren game from my seat

Just had an email offering a space to watch the game in Bar 72 on Thursday. Free drinks and buffet.

£75 plus vat per person.

That’s not too bad but I can’t get away from work.

Free drinks and buffet... nice.

What is the £75 for then?

Rangers really are taking the piss now. £90 to watch a game that costs a few quid or a couple of pints in a pub. The £10 for a face in the crowd was a joke (has that happened?).

A bit poor at that price considering we’ve forked out full price on our season tickets knowing fine well we’ll probably not sit on our seat until 2021

Back