Bar72 Renewals Out

The Railway Bear

Official Ticketer
Bar72 renewals out, increase in the region of 35% as it is being upgraded to more of a 'Hospitality' area. My seat, increased from £1,060 to £1,440. Summary of changes:-

MC Host & Live entertainment
Upgraded LED screens
Ex-player visits & Q&A on all match days
Complimentary drink on arrival
Complimentary programme
Complimentary pie at half-time
Personalised membership card & lanyard
Dedicated Account Manager

I think they've probably positioned this to low again. Their is a significant amount of people who don't want to pay for full hospitality but rather what Bar72 offers. If we play circa 30 games that's £48 a ticket. They should have pushed it further or looked at expanding the model to more underused hospitality sections.

Bar72 renewals out, increase in the region of 35% as it is being upgraded to more of a 'Hospitality' area. My seat, increased from £1,060 to £1,440. Summary of changes:-

Upgraded LED screens
Complimentary programme

Bawz thats a big jump for me as have 3 seats.

Upgraded LED screens
Complimentary programme
That’s a ridiculous rise in the current climate and no mention of the 5 games still owed from this season !

Upgraded LED screens
Complimentary programme

Im not sure how they are going to do the ex player q&a as compared to hospitality in other areas of stadium you cant move in bar72, its rammed and very little space.

That is a massive hike in all honesty and for what extra ?

A free pie and pint and an ex player to tell the same stories you've heard a million times before.

Playing Devil's Advocate mate, you could possibly argue it was priced too low previously, considering all European, domestic cup and friendly games are included in the price.

Given the lengthy queue to purchase its obviously been underpriced in the past. Supply and demand and all that. It’s a huge increase - but if it sells out then its the right move for the Club. We need every penny. If folk, in big numbers, are willing to pay that amount then why turn them away? The additional Euro games over the last two seasons have made the previous price ‘a bargain’.

What a load of shite, sat in there for 5 years with my mates, paying more for things that should have been given like modern TVs. Probably too big a hike for me, self employed and unable to work due to the coronavirus. Means I'll now go from having a season ticket to not having 1 unless they can offer me a ticket elsewhere

Playing Devil's Advocate mate, you could possibly argue it was priced too low previously, considering all European, domestic cup and friendly games are included in the price.

I do agree considering the extra euro games weve had in last 2 years it has been underpriced.

Also when you consider with the demand/waiting list bar72 could be sold twice over.

Still a fair jump for a pie, beer and programme mind you :))

It will still sell out which probably means it has been priced about right.

Offset by then paying premium prices to purchase drink, food in the venue.

The MC Host, Live Entertainment and player Q&A sounds like a damp squib to me. Mainly because each respective bar is too small to do this well.

True, they should have just admitted it's been under priced and its a pricing correction

You defo could make that argument over the past 2 seasons but I'd imagine 99% of the Bar72 ST holders were paying the guts of a grand during the shite years as well.

I just think it's a massive price jump over one season and not one you can justify with the extras being dangled as a carrot. Most folk I'd imagine will simply want to go there and have a pint with the pals and blether pre and post match & watch the lunchtime game on the telly. There's absolutely no need to cram an MC and ex players into the price. I'd imagine if folk wanted that then they'd be heading to hospitality instead.

It's the same with the European away games in Bar 72. Watching them in there has went from £12 to about £36 inside two years simply because an ex player is there to shake hands and say hello. I don't think it's justifiable.

I’m in two minds about this. It’s a lot of money but if the place is renovated to a high standard I’d be happy to pay it. What you have to remember is that the cheapest hospitality with cash bar is probably about £120 a game ( guessing) so this represents good value

Anyone know how to get yourself on the waiting list? Emailed a few people at the club months ago and got nothing back.

I think they've probably positioned this to low again. Their is a significant amount of people who don't want to pay for full hospitality but rather what Bar72 offers. If we play circa 30 games that's £48 a ticket. They should have pushed it further or looked at expanding the model to more underused hospitality sections.
We never get 30 home games mate !

Offset by then paying premium prices to purchase drink, food in the venue.

The MC Host, Live Entertainment and player Q&A sounds like a damp squib to me. Mainly because each respective bar is too small to do this well.

It's not for me mate, as I prefer to meet my mates and family down PRW pre and post match, but £1060 seems pretty reasonable for every game since Oxford last July in a premium seat.

If I work out what I've forked out on friendlies, Europa and domestic cup games it seems good value.

Last edited by a moderator:
Given the lengthy queue to purchase its obviously been underpriced in the past. Supply and demand and all that. It’s a huge increase - but if it sells out then its the right move for the Club. We need every penny. If folk, in big numbers, are willing to pay that amount then why turn them away? The additional Euro games over the last two seasons have made the previous price ‘a bargain’.
We are not guaranteed these games guys have been paying top dollar for seasons and should be rewarded not fleeced!

I do agree considering the extra euro games weve had in last 2 years it has been underpriced.

Also when you consider with the demand/waiting list bar72 could be sold twice over.

Still a fair jump for a pie, beer and programme mind you :))

It will still sell out which probably means it has been priced about right.

A bit of consultation would've been good, vast majority won't be interested in pie or programme.

Watching them in there has went from £12 to about £36 inside two years simply because an ex player is there to shake hands and say hello. I don't think it's justifiable.

i went with my parents to the argyle restaurant for games, quieter and comfier for the elder fan however the jump in that has been large as well, so much so we simply dont go anymore.

Reactions: SDF
Is it for all games? If so, how many this season? 19 league, 10 Europe, a couple in the cups?

That’s a massive increase.

The club probably feel they have been shortchanged due to our Euro runs the last two seasons.

They will be disguising it as an upgrade, bur suspect it will be more to do with viewing the Euro runs as lost revenue.

It can work against Bar 72 holders as well though if we have horrendous Euro and domestic cup campaigns.

Got mine through. says you are treated as a VIP hospitality customer. Does that mean any better chance of away tickets as I know hospitality guys can get some tickets easier.
I am in bar 72 and generally travel to most games with supporters bus, so typically only manage a pint at best before the game. As others have said it is generally rammed and little chance of getting served easy.

The operation and service is generally very poor so they would need to make that more attractive. I sit with 5 others and will see what others plan to do. would rangers offer a relocation or would we go to bottom of waiting list. Don't think we would get 6 together if the consensus is to move.

Back