Bar72 Renewals Out

Reading some of the replies it seems to me that they, Rangers don't care about actually given some advance notice of any changes to the current area rather just drop a renewal in the hope that they will renew it regardless

Shocking way to treat people who some or probably most have those seats since it opened 15 years ago?

I really don’t understand the pricing structure. This years renewal is £1200 plus vat (1440) and next years is £1972 plus vat (2366) yet that brochure is saying that it’s only £2900 plus vat for both this coming season and the following season (£3480) and that your saving £275 by committing to both years. The figures seem out

I have been in bar 72 for 9 years I am an oap now no way will I be able to pay the new prices. It's the tele for me from now on.

Sorry to hear that sir.

Spend what you save on 62" UHD TV and Rangers TV, you will still be involved.

My son and I've been in Bar 72 West for a long time - this is a sour sore one indeed.

For where the seats are, they be better just making it a full hospitality suite. Could then see the appeal of the tickets & price

I really don’t understand the pricing structure. This years renewal is £1200 plus vat (1440) and next years is £1972 plus vat (2366) yet that brochure is saying that it’s only £2900 plus vat for both this coming season and the following season (£3480) and that your saving £275 by committing to both years. The figures seem out

I agree with you. I'm also struggling to understand how great a 'discount' this is when paying in advance for something we won't get full access to for 15 months. I'm assuming with the reference to 'contactless payment' that Bar72/Club72 will remain a cash bar in the new world? This together with the fact we have no idea when games will resume, bit of a shambles all together.

No mention of what you are paying the £197
I agree with you. I'm also struggling to understand how great a 'discount' this is when paying in advance for something we won't get full access to for 15 months. I'm assuming with the reference to 'contactless payment' that Bar72/Club72 will remain a cash bar in the new world? This together with the fact we have no idea when games will resume, bit of a shambles all together.

No mention of what £1972 plus vat gets you on top of what you currently get for just over £1000 now. Surely can’t just be a pie / pint and a tarted up lounge.

No mention of what you are paying the £197

No mention of what £1972 plus vat gets you on top of what you currently get for just over £1000 now. Surely can’t just be a pie / pint and a tarted up lounge.

So, a cash bar, Club 72 refers to 'contactless payment' Blue Sky does not.

Last edited:
It’s quite a hike not to be communicated in advance.

On the upside, I’d love for this to be the catalyst to real change; Club Deck being a premium area with bars, then safe standing for lower Copland and Broomloan.

We use to lead in these initiatives. Be great to see us drive this on the front foot again.

On the upside, I’d love for this to be the catalyst to real change; Club Deck being a premium area with bars, then safe standing for lower Copland and Broomloan.

We use to lead in these initiatives. Be great to see us drive this on the front foot again.
Been saying we want it for years, continuously ignored by the Board. Can they just get it done? It’s inexpensive and we can pave way for transferring the UB from BF1 to BF3. Those behind the goals can then be transferred to BF1 meaning they are still in the same Safe Standing section.

Difference in atmosphere in moving out of a corner would be far better.

Anyone saying this is a problem is just a lazy excuse as Celtic did it no bother.

So if UB asks to move to, for example, the Copland front, would you ask the fans in the seats if they were happy to move? Or would you move them anyway?
What if, I suspect, no one wants to move their seat to accommodate a Safe standing area? Asking fans would turn into a fiasco
The Copland Front is just a lost cause. You can continue to call it the Traditional Rangers End but the atmosphere there is absolutely dire and we all know who creates an atmosphere for 90 minutes.

The easiest solution is transferring those behind the goals in BF3 to BF1 and allowing the UB behind the goals. Those who do not want to be apart of the Safe Standing section can exchanged seats with others who do in other parts of the ground.

Can Greg not communicate this towards the Board. To me at least it’s a relative simple thing to carry out and it’s more down to the Board not understanding what the vast majority of supporters want. There were about 50+ RSCs supporting Safe Standing as well as Club1872 having a register for interest.

Still nothing done...

The Copland Front is just a lost cause. You can continue to call it the Traditional Rangers End but the atmosphere there is absolutely dire and we all know who creates an atmosphere for 90 minutes.

The easiest solution is transferring those behind the goals in BF3 to BF1 and allowing the UB behind the goals. Those who do not want to be apart of the Safe Standing section can exchanged seats with others who do in other parts of the ground.

Can Greg not communicate this towards the Board. To me at least it’s a relative simple thing to carry out and it’s more down to the Board not understanding what the vast majority of supporters want. There were about 50+ RSCs supporting Safe Standing as well as Club1872 having a register for interest.

Still nothing done...
So you don't want the Club to have a dialogue with the fans in BF3, they have just to move?

Correct- there’s so much potential for not that great an outlay

So you don't want the Club to have a dialogue with the fans in BF3, they have just to move?
I thought this was carried out already? These are sacrifices that have to be made. I’m sure if you’re in favour of improving the atmosphere moving two sections to the right and being in a better view altogether. These are bits of plastic owned by the club, rented out to supporters.

I sit in the row behind bar 72 that is a scandalous price. My uncle has bar 72 tickets that he rarely uses due to work, the bars aren’t great and are a pain in the arse to get to. Doesn’t sound like a massive upgrade. Lot of money for not a lot extra. Feel for the guys in those seats in front of me that I speak to, wonder if they’ll renew.

Have 3 seats in here for last 3 seasons. Been going for years with my late dads tickets. Mine are now £1440 including the VAT. Think it was £1100 last season. That's an extra £1020 all in. I wouldn't want to give mine up as I'd never get back in, waiting list is too long.

That’s quite a hike for one, but if you’re shelling out for three. Wow! Fair point of giving them up and going back on the waiting list though

Have 3 seats in here for last 3 seasons. Been going for years with my late dads tickets. Mine are now £1440 including the VAT. Think it was £1100 last season. That's an extra £1020 all in. I wouldn't want to give mine up as I'd never get back in, waiting list is too long.

That’s quite a hike for one, but if you’re shelling out for three. Wow! Fair point of giving them up and going back on the waiting list though

It's not for me mate, as I prefer to meet my mates and family down PRW pre and post match, but £1060 seems pretty reasonable for every game since Oxford last July in a premium seat.

If I work out what I've forked out on friendlies, Europa and domestic cup games it seems good value.

It does if you attend every game. I don't.

I had a bar 72 seat for a few years around the turn of the century. It was about 500 quid Best seat in the house. Front row. Halfway line. Looking right down the tunnel.

I don't need a pint. These prices in today's circumstances are obscene.

I had a bar 72 seat for a few years around the turn of the century. It was about 500 quid Best seat in the house. Front row. Halfway line. Looking right down the tunnel.

Bar72 opened in 2006 and the price was £900 a year if you paid three years in advance. I remember it well. Walking into Ibrox with £16,200 in cheques to cover six of us - full of optimism about the start of the Paul le Guen era. Even in years with little or no Europe, and during the wilderness years, I’ve never really thought it was anything but decent value. However, to be asked to pay £1440 and £1972 plus vat before mid June for two seasons of who knows what and when makes me at least pause for thought.

what a pile of shite. The first season was under PLG. My dad had 4 right in the middle above the clock at £950

No wonder I don’t come on here much. Folk just talk shit in most threads or Na I better not say. As he’s always watching.

what a pile of shite. The first season was under PLG. My dad had 4 right in the middle above the clock at £950

No wonder I don’t come on here much. Folk just talk shit in most threads or Na I better not say. As he’s always watching.
He has previous for making up nonsense

Ermm because your boy is the fans liaison officer and you would know or should know or more likely try to pretend you don't know when it doesn't suit you to answer.
I also have friends I could have asked direct, but I wanted to see the brochure if that's ok with you. I try not to ask Greg anything about his work as it may put him in a position.
I have an ST and I don't go to away games as a rule, all the info I need is 'what time is KO'
It is so petty on here at times

Ermm because your boy is the fans liaison officer and you would know or should know or more likely try to pretend you don't know when it doesn't suit you to answer.
If you want information from the SLO, maybe contact him directly instead of sending messages to a family member on here at 02.57am when you're probably sitting blootered.

Back