Bar72 Renewals Out

I have had a couple of Bar 72 season tickets for a while now and was equally surprised as everyone else to receive details of the planned changes.

I think some people are missing a key point. Next seasons price (£1440) rise is a mid point on the way to a final price of approx £2k per ticket (available to buy now for the 21-22 season for £1972 (i don’t know if that’s with our without VAT)).

Ive had a conversation with the Corporate Hospitality team (Pippa) who was incredibly nice, helpful and informative.

The plans she described are a significant change from what Bar72 is today. Ticket holders will have access to what, today, are both bars as one will be a ‘lounge / restaurant) and the other the traditional bar. These will not be ready until the start of the 21/22 season. Lots of other ’bits’ of changes to the areas as well but she described a signifanct building ‘job’.

As of next season you will also not be able to use SeatSub to return tickets for games you can’t attend, as the complexity of the hospitality ticketing system will not allow it. Credits for this season will be deducted off our £1440

Away tickets are as described earlier in the thread - A different system from the CCS but sounds good.

I expressed my surprise at the lack of engagement and timing given the uncertainty of thousands of people and their jobs, as per others above, but it wasn’t really addressed and I guess it is what it is. I asked about the infamous Bar72 waiting list and she said it isn’t that big at all. They are also expecting a ‘healthy’ uptake at the new price.

In summary current Bar 72 season ticket holders are going to be left with a completely different product in short order at twice the price. It is going to be a Hospitality ticket and priced accordingly. Next seasons pay rise is just a step along the way to soften the financial blow.

Im lucky, as right now my employment hasn’t been compromised but my son and I are currently trying to decide if we want to move from a high end ‘normal’ match ticket into the hospitality world. I think we probably will but everyone is different.

I asked loads of questions and Pippa answered them all (the main points above) and she sent me the glossy brochure For Club 72. Those with Bar72 tickets drop her an email and I’m sure she will call back and answer your questions.

My first post so don’t go in two footed on me

I have had a couple of Bar 72 season tickets for a while now and was equally surprised as everyone else to receive details of the planned changes.

I think some people are missing a key point. Next seasons price (£1440) rise is a mid point on the way to a final price of approx £2k per ticket (available to buy now for the 21-22 season for £1972 (i don’t know if that’s with our without VAT)).

Ive had a conversation with the Corporate Hospitality team (Pippa) who was incredibly nice, helpful and informative.

The plans she described are a significant change from what Bar72 is today. Ticket holders will have access to what, today, are both bars as one will be a ‘lounge / restaurant) and the other the traditional bar. These will not be ready until the start of the 21/22 season. Lots of other ’bits’ of changes to the areas as well but she described a signifanct building ‘job’.

As of next season you will also not be able to use SeatSub to return tickets for games you can’t attend, as the complexity of the hospitality ticketing system will not allow it. Credits for this season will be deducted off our £1440

Away tickets are as described earlier in the thread - A different system from the CCS but sounds good.

I expressed my surprise at the lack of engagement and timing given the uncertainty of thousands of people and their jobs, as per others above, but it wasn’t really addressed and I guess it is what it is. I asked about the infamous Bar72 waiting list and she said it isn’t that big at all. They are also expecting a ‘healthy’ uptake at the new price.

In summary current Bar 72 season ticket holders are going to be left with a completely different product in short order at twice the price. It is going to be a Hospitality ticket and priced accordingly. Next seasons pay rise is just a step along the way to soften the financial blow.

Im lucky, as right now my employment hasn’t been compromised but my son and I are currently trying to decide if we want to move from a high end ‘normal’ match ticket into the hospitality world. I think we probably will but everyone is different.

I asked loads of questions and Pippa answered them all (the main points above) and she sent me the glossy brochure For Club 72. Those with Bar72 tickets drop her an email and I’m sure she will call back and answer your questions.

Well, wow.

Thanks for the info, that is pretty major and probably even worthy of its own thread/discussion.

So let’s take it at face value.
The info from the original post being the “features” and the info from this post being the “final price”

The club are thinking that circa £100 a match is a goer here? And be hopeful of taking £20-30pp on top in food and bar takings?

That’s, um, ambitious.

Surprised at that, most supporters these days are in favour of fan involvement, especially given what we've gone though.

If you ask 200 Rangers fans what they want, you will get 201 different answers.
Safe standing would improve the atmosphere but not sure where you would locate it.
There has been a lot of differing opinions on FF and that it a very small percentage of our ST.
Would you leave the UB where they are, which doesn't seem a popular choice or would you relocate them?
If you relocate them, will the Club ask the existing ST holders in that area if they want a vote to move?
If we are going to have a safe standing area it should be at the Club's discretion and only the Club's where it would go.

One thing I’ll add aswell.

The whole “this is now hospitality” thing.

All well and good but in my opinion a hospitality experience isn’t standing at a bar in a free for all to pay for a pint of Tennents and a burger in a polystyrene box.

The club have gotten away with a lot of folk paying for a “premium season ticket” and turning a blind eye to the less than premium experience.
That certainly won’t happen anymore.

I also touched on the Blue Sky Lounge as well. That’s going to be about £3.5k ish (don’t know about VAT).

It did sound amazing with being ale to walk out into a new row of seats at the top of the Sandy Jardine stand. I guess those who currently sit towards the back will have to be shifted (although I didn’t ask specifically)

These two areas being refurbished/ changed will not be the only ones. There are two more as well but she didn’t elaborate

It sounds to me like the Club is aiming at a 'halfway house' between what was Bar 72 and The Members Lounge. The ML being, I believe £5K plus Vat this season
The ML is a bit too stuffy for some people and I think this Club 72 will appeal to a lot of fans

I also touched on the Blue Sky Lounge as well. That’s going to be about £3.5k ish (don’t know about VAT).

It did sound amazing with being ale to walk out into a new row of seats at the top of the Sandy Jardine stand. I guess those who currently sit towards the back will have to be shifted (although I didn’t ask specifically)

These two areas being refurbished/ changed will not be the only ones. There are two more as well but she didn’t elaborate
By the sounds of it, I think the Blue Sky Lounge might appeal to Companies wanting to give their Clients a day out

All that information should have been on that email. Basically the club have realised that people in bar72 have one of the best views in the house and have been itching to change it and make more money.
I was happy paying 1440 for the new style place but no way will I pay 2000 ( double) to get a pie and pint. I’ll buy a seat in mlf and get all the games for £900 or so

All well and good but in my opinion a hospitality experience isn’t standing at a bar in a free for all to pay for a pint of Tennents and a burger in a polystyrene box.

The club have gotten away with a lot of folk paying for a “premium season ticket” and turning a blind eye to the less than premium experience.

I made exactly this point to her. For a premium price you expect a premium service as right now it often falls short In Bar 72 with ridiculous waiting times at the bar on occasions. Given the price rise for next season it has to improve immediately, let alone when Club 72 opens in 2021.

To be fair though, we often go in hospitality at Ibrox and it is top top class so I hope when it does become part of the hospitality portfolio it is equally as good.

You’re right there we’d argue the colour of grass

If you ask 200 Rangers fans what they want, you will get 201 different answers.
Safe standing would improve the atmosphere but not sure where you would locate it.
There has been a lot of differing opinions on FF and that it a very small percentage of our ST.
Would you leave the UB where they are, which doesn't seem a popular choice or would you relocate them?
If you relocate them, will the Club ask the existing ST holders in that area if they want a vote to move?
If we are going to have a safe standing area it should be at the Club's discretion and only the Club's where it would go.
Fine, you're not in favour of fan involvement or consultation. I am.

it looks to me that the price increase has came a year early, the rise might be worth it when they make all the changes but £400 more for a pie, pint, programme and an anecdote from mark hateley in outdated facilities is ridiculous.

That’s before you even get onto the timing of it in today’s climate.

I think it may just be the boxes converted to full length glazing .

Fine, you're not in favour of fan involvement or consultation. I am.
So if UB asks to move to, for example, the Copland front, would you ask the fans in the seats if they were happy to move? Or would you move them anyway?
What if, I suspect, no one wants to move their seat to accommodate a Safe standing area? Asking fans would turn into a fiasco

Social distancing is going to be here in some form for most of the year, so how the hell can clubs sell season tickets knowing they probably wont be allowed to play or play in front of crowds? Also I would be amazed in the current climate if we will have 46k people renewing or people queuing up to replace non renewals! People are skint, the economy is crashing and football clubs think they can price hike season tickets for a season that might not even get played! I dont think the same demand is going to be there the same as previous years, this pandemic changes everything!

So if UB asks to move to, for example, the Copland front, would you ask the fans in the seats if they were happy to move? Or would you move them anyway?
What if, I suspect, no one wants to move their seat to accommodate a Safe standing area? Asking fans would turn into a fiasco
I would ask them. The day the club starts moving hundreds of supporters who've sat in seats, possibly for decades, without even taking their opinions in to account is another step towards the club becoming just another corporate entity with customers rather than a football club with supporters. Clubs are contstantly talking about fan engagement these days, rightly so imo. As I say, if it's not your thing fair enough. It might be something for a new thread if you want to state your views on that subject as this discussion is getting away from Bar72.

Last edited:
I would ask them. The day the club starts moving hundreds of supporters who've sat in seats, possibly for decades, without even taking their opinions in to account is another step towards the club becoming just another corporate entity with customers rather than a football club with supporters. Clubs are contstantly talking about fan engagement these days, rightly so imo. As I say, if it's not your thing fair enough. It might be something for a new thread if you want to state your views on that subject as this discussion is getting away from Bar72.
It was you that brought the Union Bears into the conversation

Sit in Bar 72 for years some great years in there.some people should get a seat I would imagine am away to move to club europe this year

Bar72 renewals out, increase in the region of 35% as it is being upgraded to more of a 'Hospitality' area. My seat, increased from £1,060 to £1,440. Summary of changes:-

MC Host & Live entertainment
Upgraded LED screens
Ex-player visits & Q&A on all match days
Complimentary drink on arrival
Complimentary programme
Complimentary pie at half-time
Personalised membership card & lanyard
Dedicated Account Manager
£1400 for a free pie..... bargain

Did pippa state whether or not the benefits would be more than a pie and a pint once it goes up towards £2000?

The buying of 21/22 season ticket for £1972 isn’t on the renewal forms we were sent ?

I think it leaves a gap in the market for that previous price banding.

Maybe use the first parts of the club deck? Feels under utilised/wasted in its currents capacity.

Maybe a different structure to the pricing, but that premium seat, with cash bar access at £1k ish would work well.

With the experts saying the UK could have the most deaths in Europe and the vaccine might not be here for a year. I don't think football will be played this year what happens to our season ticket money.

With the experts saying the UK could have the most deaths in Europe and the vaccine might not be here for a year. I don't think football will be played this year what happens to our season ticket money.
Agree. I don't expect to be paying for a season ticket until the end of the year.

The buying of 21/22 season ticket for £1972 isn’t on the renewal forms we were sent ?

No. It wasn’t on mine either. As I say I spoke to her and she then sent me the ‘brochure’ for Club 72. The price if you pay now for Club 72 season 21 / 22 is £1972. For 20/21 and 21/22 it is £2900+ (I’ve no idea what the ‘+’ is for) according to the brochure saving £275 8.5%.

if you DM me your email, I’m happy to send it over.

One thing that has dawned on me the last couple of days is that if it hadn’t been for Coronavirus our tickets this season would have been doubled straightaway, which would have been tough to take

No. It wasn’t on mine either. As I say I spoke to her and she then sent me the ‘brochure’ for Club 72. The price if you pay now for Club 72 season 21 / 22 is £1972. For 20/21 and 21/22 it is £2900+ (I’ve no idea what the ‘+’ is for) according to the brochure saving £275 8.5%.

One thing that has dawned on me the last couple of days is that if it hadn’t been for Coronavirus our tickets this season would have been doubled straightaway, which would have been tough to take
+ will mean plus VAT, is the £2900 for Blue Sky Lounge?

The brouchure says Blue Sky Lounge is "Founding Member Package' 20 / 21 £3500+ and 2 seasons £6450+ saving £350 (5%)
So they are aiming for the fans that either can't get a member's ticket or want a more informal atmosphere. I think there will be a big uptake on that.

Thanks for sending that on to me, pretty much clears up what the pricing structure will be moving forward for Bar72/Club72.

Wait.
It’s £1500 this coming season, £2000 the following and 3 grand thereafter?!

Are there further upgrades? We can’t still be paying for a beer at £160 a game?

The £2900+ is if you pay for both seasons at the same time

DM me your email address and I'll send you the brochure mate

Aah ok. F.uck me I was ready to draft an email to Pippa asking if she’d lost her fucking marbles there :D
I have messaged you mate thanks.

I have been in bar 72 for 9 years I am an oap now no way will I be able to pay the new prices. It's the tele for me from now on.

Sorry to take thread off topic but any idea when the other ST renewals are out?

Presuming it’s this coming week and apologies if I’ve missed anything further update from the club.

Back