Bar72 Renewals Out

How does the queue for Bar72 work with the TO? Just contact them with a standard request to move seats? I’d be interested in moving to it.

It’s probably been underpriced for years and more in line to what it should look like. Realistically, you could increase it further because that included ALL home games.

So if we get into any European group stage then it’s a fair amount of games on top of your league/cup position.

Think of how much you’re paying extra for domestic and European competition games on top of your standard ST each year.

Makes sense.

I also hope that part of the renovation is an area of lower seats . I sometimes give my ticket to my dad who is too old to sit on the bar stools so has to stand the whole time

We are not guaranteed these games guys have been paying top dollar for seasons and should be rewarded not fleeced!

Not guaranteed, of course. Taxes and death and all that. So you made an extra contribution these last two seasons in recognition of the fact you got all those extra games as a bonus? Of course not.

Listen, it’s a huge increase, we all agree on that. It’s a simple enough concept though. If the Club have a queue of folk willing to pay that sort of money why would they not do so? I remember buying my Rangers Bonds and moving from the Govan Stand to the Club Deck - on reflection the worst thing I ever did, for a variety of reasons - but it put money into the Club so I was happy to do so at the time. We all have choices in life. Bar the aforementioned taxes and death.

I also hope that part of the renovation is an area of lower seats . I sometimes give my ticket to my dad who is too old to sit on the bar stools so has to stand the whole time

The seating is a shambles, one of many things that needs improved.

i went with my parents to the argyle restaurant for games, quieter and comfier for the elder fan however the jump in that has been large as well, so much so we simply dont go anymore.

TBF to the club I think they are at least trying and, as people have said, if Bar 72 sells out then they've obviously priced it spot on.

But I think there should always be a place in the stadium for supporters who just want to go pre and post match for a pint with their pals and to watch the lunchtime and early evening games.

I honestly don't think the MC and ex player thing are as appealing to adults as the club thinks they are.

TBF to the club I think they are at least trying and, as people have said, if Bar 72 sells out then they've obviously priced it spot on.

But I think there should always be a place in the stadium for supporters who just want to go pre and post match for a pint with their pals and to watch the lunchtime and early evening games.

I honestly don't think the MC and ex player thing is as appealing to adults as the club thinks they are.

Agree - leave that to the proper hospitality package.

So it’s 29 then and that’s us with a European run which is unlikely to be a regular occurrence and worthless friendlies on average including friendlies we play 22 25 home games

Entitled to your opinion mate, but I think our Europa form in the last 2 seasons is more likely to continue than us reverting back to Pedro type Europa form.

As for "worthless friendlies", well you still need to pay to get into them and between 25k and 40k have regularly done so for each one over the past 2 seasons.

A lot of supporters who are paying huge prices in the main stand for corporate particularly in places like the members lounge, are wanting a more relaxed environment to watch the game. Whilst shirt and tie is the required standard, a lot want a more "European" feel to the game. The price difference is huge in comparison. It's not always the prawn sandwich brigade who are in there, with many going to away games along with the bears. I understand that the cost of the lounges are huge in comparison and provide a financial boost probably but at the end of the day most of us just want to see the Rangers.

That is a massive hike in all honesty and for what extra ?

A free pie and pint and an ex player to tell the same stories you've heard a million times before.
Don't forget the Programme :p

It's not for me mate, as I prefer to meet my mates and family down PRW pre and post match, but £1060 seems pretty reasonable for every game since Oxford last July in a premium seat.

If I work out what I've forked out on friendlies, Europa and domestic cup games it seems good value.

It's still reasonable value, given that we now get a free drink on arrival (£3.50 for peroni), free programme £3.50, and free pie at HT - that's the best part of a tenner. Over a season c. 200 paid extra. So all in all real term increase is about 10%. I'll pay it.

We need to see past the hysteria of a 30% increase and break it down.

Going by the numbers in the bar since I've been there people really do pick and choose which games they go to - hopefully this means we get more folk in - even if we do need to wait a little bit longer at the bar :D

I'm going to email and see if there's a swap procedure, anyone in the stadium wanting to shift to Bar 72 and I can move there. Under normal circumstances, I might have bit my lip and paid or if they gave notice of intention earlier in the season. They have waited right up until renewals and amid a financial crisis to land this on the door

It's still reasonable value, given that we now get a free drink on arrival (£3.50 for peroni), free programme £3.50, and free pie at HT - that's the best part of a tenner. Over a season c. 200 paid extra. So all in all real term increase is about 10%. I'll pay it.

Going by the numbers in the bar since I've been there people really do pick and choose which games they go to - hopefully this means we get more folk in - even if we do need to wait a little bit longer at the bar :D

For stuff we don't want?

Pie/Beer/programme at what say £12
19 home league games that's have of it there.
Add in the prospect of 'free' games and it's still waited in favour of the fan based on the last couple of years. Perhaps a basic price and then a supplement for each cup/euro game etc would have been more palatable.
Again the club failing to engage with fans continues to be a failing

I'm going to email and see if there's a swap procedure, anyone in the stadium wanting to shift to Bar 72 and I can move there. Under normal circumstances, I might have bit my lip and paid or if they gave notice of intention earlier in the season. They have waited right up until renewals and amid a financial crisis to land this on the door

This should have been given consideration, I'm sure there will be people who are unwilling, or unable, to pay such a big increase. And yes, I am sure there will be plenty waiting to take their places.

It’s probably been underpriced for years and more in line to what it should look like. Realistically, you could increase it further because that included ALL home games.

So if we get into any European group stage then it’s a fair amount of games on top of your league/cup position.

Think of how much you’re paying extra for domestic and European competition games on top of your standard ST each year.

Makes sense.

Under priced how? It's been access to a bar, shitty SD televisions and a ticket for all home games

I didnt ask for a free pie or a programme. Club have shafted us here

Managed to pick up a couple of tickets for bar72 last year.

Defo worth the extra cash at the current prices but nearly £1500 is a fair skelp!

Found it a very good community within the stands and the bar!

A lot of supporters who are paying huge prices in the main stand for corporate particularly in places like the members lounge, are wanting a more relaxed environment to watch the game. Whilst shirt and tie is the required standard, a lot want a more "European" feel to the game. The price difference is huge in comparison. It's not always the prawn sandwich brigade who are in there, with many going to away games along with the bears. I understand that the cost of the lounges are huge in comparison and provide a financial boost probably but at the end of the day most of us just want to see the Rangers.
If you read the attached T&Cs it appears it’s now NO COLOURS and a dress code.

This should have been given consideration, I'm sure there will be people who are unwilling, or unable, to pay such a big increase. And yes, I am sure there will be plenty waiting to take their places.
This is what it boils down to. They will sell it out, even if that means some people can't afford the increase or don't want to pay it.

I have no idea what the waiting list looks like, but read further up the thread that it's huge, so the price will not be a stumbling block for a lot of these folk.

If you apply the increased price to this season then it works out at £43 a game. That feels reasonable for a premium seat. I suppose the risk is that if we don’t have a decent European run that the value for money decreases quite a lot. It’s probably the jump in price rather than the price itself that’s the issue.

Have 3 seats in here for last 3 seasons. Been going for years with my late dads tickets. Mine are now £1440 including the VAT. Think it was £1100 last season. That's an extra £1020 all in. I wouldn't want to give mine up as I'd never get back in, waiting list is too long.

Have 3 seats in here for last 3 seasons. Been going for years with my late dads tickets. Mine are now £1440 including the VAT. Think it was £1100 last season. That's an extra £1020 all in. I wouldn't want to give mine up as I'd never get back in, waiting list is too long.

All seats are now priced the same too, so centre seats the same as those at the sides.

Will maybe take us off at a tangent and I know everyones circumstances are different.

They have skewed the Bar72 pricing towards them holding a good hand instead of the customer.

The club could offer folk to pay an all match season ticket at start of season where you pays your money and takes your chance on euro runs and cup draws. The club gets a nice pot of front loaded money guaranteed.

(Spare me the Scottish Cup shared gate lecture, everything can be worked out if someones bothered enough)

I’ve 2 tickets in there and have had since it opened. I think this is a massive jump and given the uncertainty over everything is bang out of order. I’ve always paid by 4 instalments . Is that still available?

I’ve 2 tickets in there and have had since it opened. I think this is a massive jump and given the uncertainty over everything is bang out of order. I’ve always paid by 4 instalments . Is that still available?

It's on the email, there are 3 payment options.

Are you allowed a pint at half time, didn’t think that was the case like all the other hospitality lounges but hearing you can?

That is a massive hike in all honesty and for what extra ?

A free pie and pint and an ex player to tell the same stories you've heard a million times before.

You’re obviously not their target market then and that is perfectly OK.

Back