Bar72 Renewals Out

Bit of a joke by the club tbh, 35% increase without so much of a heads up to those already with tickets.

Looking at the list of "extras" doesn't justify 400 quid extra imo.

You’re obviously not their target market then and that is perfectly OK.

But where's the evidence that the ST holders in Bar 72 are that target market though ?

It looks like they've had an MC and ex players chucked into their £400 price hike whether they wanted it or not.

That’s not bad then, why don’t they allow this in members lounge, club Europe etc?
I believe it's because you can 'see' the pitch (there's a direct exit from there to the arena) whereas Bar 72 you have to go through the GR concourse.
You can drink at HT in some of the Main Stand suites (Thornton, Club Cooper etc) for this very reason, ie, the pitch is not in view.

Eh we hare still owed 5 home games they are not going to be played so 28 it is and that’s an exceptional season in Europe which won’t be repeated often
Yeah but these are exceptional circumstances.

Even if we don’t make KO of Europe still a decent amount of games

How do you join the waiting list for Bar72, do you have to be a season ticket holder first?

I didnt see an option for it in the general season ticket waiting list I joined last year. Apologies if already covered

You defo could make that argument over the past 2 seasons but I'd imagine 99% of the Bar72 ST holders were paying the guts of a grand during the shite years as well.

I just think it's a massive price jump over one season and not one you can justify with the extras being dangled as a carrot. Most folk I'd imagine will simply want to go there and have a pint with the pals and blether pre and post match & watch the lunchtime game on the telly. There's absolutely no need to cram an MC and ex players into the price. I'd imagine if folk wanted that then they'd be heading to hospitality instead.

It's the same with the European away games in Bar 72. Watching them in there has went from £12 to about £36 inside two years simply because an ex player is there to shake hands and say hello. I don't think it's justifiable.

I've had a season ticket in there for a number of years now and, in truth, the match day experience and general set up has been pretty rubbish. Crappy telly, no WiFi, dodgy catering, etc

If we are going to up our game on it, then fair enough. It is a great place to watch the game, so if we get the basics better it will be absolutely sensational.

To announce a 30% increase at this point is, however, pretty tone deaf.

Not terrific news at this juncture and a little bit more pretence of consultation would have been nice, but I'll pay it.

On a personal note, I hope this does away with the Tupperware seating, at least.

Can under 18’s apply for a season ticket here?

So when are the rest of the renewals out?

Would seem odd to issue Bar72 renewals and not have the other season tickets out at the same time.

If you ask me completely the wrong time to be asking fans to stump up that kind of money with everything else that's going on.

If you ask me completely the wrong time to be asking fans to stump up that kind of money with everything else that's going on.

Two points I guess. Season Tickets for the rest of the Stadium will be on sale soon enough. We can't hold off forever. Other clubs already have their's on sale. We are in need of every penny we can get in right now. I'm at a loss as to why folks have difficulty understanding that. Its clear many will struggle to pay for their season ticket, never mind Bar 72, but right now the Club just needs money in the bank so they can't afford to hold off. The other is that there is a queue of folk wanting tickets for Bar 72. If it sells out then the Club have got this right. If it doesn't, then they haven't.

We can't afford to hold off on ticket sales until August/September/October.

I have two seats front row cd3 that I would be interested in swapping for a bar72 seat (daughter not renewing) if anyone is interested.

Last edited:
Two points I guess. Season Tickets for the rest of the Stadium will be on sale soon enough. We can't hold off forever. Other clubs already have their's on sale. We are in need of every penny we can get in right now. I'm at a loss as to why folks have difficulty understanding that. Its clear many will struggle to pay for their season ticket, never mind Bar 72, but right now the Club just needs money in the bank so they can't afford to hold off. The other is that there is a queue of folk wanting tickets for Bar 72. If it sells out then the Club have got this right. If it doesn't, then they haven't.

We can't afford to hold off on ticket sales until August/September/October.

sorry didn't mean the timing of the renewals coming out, i meant the timing of the price increase. I wasn't clear.

I do agree considering the extra euro games weve had in last 2 years it has been underpriced.

Also when you consider with the demand/waiting list bar72 could be sold twice over.

Still a fair jump for a pie, beer and programme mind you :))

It will still sell out which probably means it has been priced about right.

A lot of people not gonna have the same amount of disposable income when the lockdown ends. If it sells out, fair enough, but I think the club need to be careful about assuming there will be the same demand at a much higher price going forward.

Will this get Bar 72 season tickets access to away tickets like other hospitality season tickets do?

I think the 35% increase is harsh on existing Bar 72 patrons.

This is not dissimilar to when the Govan Stand was upgraded to the Premier Club in 1987, no free tie this time though.

If the renovations to Bar 72 are delayed a year due to Coronavirus, so should the increase. It's terrible timing to expect fans to shell out for a 35% increase when there is so much financial uncertainty.

A lot of people not gonna have the same amount of disposable income when the lockdown ends. If it sells out, fair enough, but I think the club need to be careful about assuming there will be the same demand at a much higher price going forward.

Very fair point bud.

I’m typically one to back the club to the hilt when it comes to price changes or unfavoured decisions...

Over £1400 is absurd, Ibrox is in Glasgow not London.

OK then.

First thoughts are if the place gets its shit together, upgrades the place in general and sorts out the utterly abysmal bar queuing/service operation then it’s kinda fair enough.

But wait, that’s a year away so why not give a bit of notice that this is in the offing and it will be an increase in keeping with upgrades as of 21/22?
Particularly when we don’t know what the league structure is, don’t know when it starts and don’t know whether we’ll have 5 games to play, be “owed” or whatever else.

Waiting list/supply in demand is a fair argument.
But there’s plenty on the waiting list for season tickets elsewhere by all accounts and regular ST holders aren’t being ripped for a net 20%.

I get the logic but at this particular moment in time it’s clumsy as all f.uck really.

Im not sure how they are going to do the ex player q&a as compared to hospitality in other areas of stadium you cant move in bar72, its rammed and very little space.
My thoughts exactly. The place has been very run down for a while now and the TV screens appalling but still a very large increase. I don’t want a pie & programme and there really is no space for hosting Q&A with ex players. Also whilst last year with the run inEurope etc we did get a good deal, but not so much in previous seasons.

And the football has been rank since December, that doesnt help as thats all some punters will remember.
Some may wish to move to seats half that price.

Each to their own, but I think anybody buying a ST without knowing even if there will be a next season or what form it will take is mad. Think social distancing in some form is here for the rest of the year.

I’m in two minds about this. It’s a lot of money but if the place is renovated to a high standard I’d be happy to pay it. What you have to remember is that the cheapest hospitality with cash bar is probably about £120 a game ( guessing) so this represents good value
I don’t class a pie at half time hospitality. I use it before and sometimes after the game but trying to rush upstairs for a quick drink and a pie and get back to your seat in 15 mins is a stretch IMO.

I am on the waiting list, does anyone know the capacity of Bar72 and the numbers on the waiting list.
Been once and loved it, think it has an east and west entrance/ section.
There’s about 900 seats in Bar72 I’m sure you enter by the small door next to Argyle House then when you reach the entrance you can either go in East or West section the 2 bars are completely the same though

That’s a massive increase.

The club probably feel they have been shortchanged due to our Euro runs the last two seasons.

They will be disguising it as an upgrade, bur suspect it will be more to do with viewing the Euro runs as lost revenue.

It can work against Bar 72 holders as well though if we have horrendous Euro and domestic cup campaigns.
That is so true.
Club will think of lost revenue.
But if you average the last 4 seasons its likely more than fair for both fans and club.

The worry is that potentially 4 or 5 years in, it is looking old again, standards slip back and we've had a season or 2 with fewer games at Ibrox, then we hit a first round exit from Europe, bar 72 folk might get 20 games for 1500 quid.
At £75 a game with a good percentage of them against teams like Partick Thistle, Hamilton, St Mirren and Livi. Folk will feel pretty hard done by!

Hopefully doesn't happen and the club and fans both get value.

So next season its the change to TV's drink of arrival etc but renovation is put on hold is that right?

Will this get Bar 72 season tickets access to away tickets like other hospitality season tickets do?
I’ve asked that question and apparently the answer is yes
You go into a separate ballot - doesn’t guarantee you a ticket but we have 3 Club Europe seats and I got tickets for every away game this season (usually 2 tickets)

I don’t class a pie at half time hospitality. I use it before and sometimes after the game but trying to rush upstairs for a quick drink and a pie and get back to your seat in 15 mins is a stretch IMO.

I know but what I mean is that currently people are paying over £100 a game for ‘hospitality’ that is basically a buffet and a cash bar. This new style bar72 will give people the same kind of experience for a lot less and a better seat.

This will be the third year I’ve been on the waiting list for bar72. I’m currently in GF4.

Anyone else waited longer?

Renamed as "Club 72"

Back