Bar72 Renewals Out

How does that go, if 4 family member’s decide that the increase is to much.
Do they get priority to relocate together, do they have to join the waiting list for a S/T, or draw straws for 1 of the family to drop out to cover the increase.

Can anyone provide a comparison between say a season ticket for Copland stand and all friendly, europa and domestic games paid for on top of season ticket and give total money paid for games versus the total £1060 paid in bar 72 that includes all home games

Copland front season ticket £485*
europa group stage 3 game package £ 115*
Just need to add all qualifiers and Leverkusen
Plus pre season friendly games

@joseph

Adult ticket prices

Oxford £10
Marseille £15
Blackburn Rovers £15
Derby County £15

St Joseph's £17
Progres Niederkorn £19
Midtjylland £21
Legia Warsaw £25

Group Stage package £111
Braga £39
Bayer Leverkusen £43

Stranraer £17

35% price increase for a pie and a pint at halftime and listen to Alex Rae or Marvin Andrews? Surely a bit too much? It’s absolutely out my price range anyway.

Can anyone provide a comparison between say a season ticket for Copland stand and all friendly, europa and domestic games paid for on top of season ticket and give total money paid for games versus the total £1060 paid in bar 72 that includes all home games

Copland front season ticket £485*
europa group stage 3 game package £ 115*
Just need to add all qualifiers and Leverkusen
Plus pre season friendly games
£817 I think mate

The Argyll looks superb when transformed. For anyone who went hospitality over in Austria at Vienna last year looks very similar to their set up which was awesome.
My mate has a box there it’s very good. And been lucky that he’s sorted me out away ticket wise a good few times which also helped the bus members with me not needing

A pie at £2.60
A complimentary drink , probably £4
A programme £3.50
A lanyard that is pretty much pointless and probably sort around £2
A dedicated account manager which is also pretty much pointless.

I don't sit in bar 72 but that seems to be a rip off ,especially with the current financial climate and the amount of bears that will be paid off or on lower incomes for the foreseeable.

No surprise Rangers focus on higher prices, free pies and pointless upgrades. While the whole ground is totally dead and people sit in silence being stared at by over zealous police.

Have to be honest, I think that’s too steep for me. I only come up for 6-8 games a season, and for work reasons managed only 4 this year. I always wrote off the ~£1,000 as my way of supporting the club, and always made sure someone on our bus or a family member back home had my card; but the best part of £1.5k is probably a bit much in my situation. If I was there every week, no hesitation, but I’m not.

I do hope we get first refusal on seats elsewhere, I’ll even look for two to keep my “contribution” up, but will be very pissed off if it is a case of take it or go to the back of the queue.

Last edited:
Have to be pointless, I think that’s too steep for me. I only come up for 6-8 games a season, and for work reasons managed only 4 this year. I always wrote off the ~£1,000 as my way of supporting the club, and always made sure someone on our bus or a family member back home had my card; but the best part of £1.5k is probably a bit much in my situation. If I was there every week, no hesitation, but I’m not.

I do hope we get first refusal on seats elsewhere, I’ll even look for two to keep my “contribution” up, but will be very pissed off if it is a case of take it or go to the back of the queue.
From this distance(or any distance of note for that matter),the amount of Wednesday night home games;(before you even factor in Sunday games that have been moved for Europa/or the filth games) have seen season ticket holders shafted these past two seasons...(I haven`t looked any further back, but noticed this at the start of last season; the continuation this season has been even worse).
Sorry to go slightly off topic; but any further increase(such as one of 35%),surely must leave a lot of the support questioning whether to renew if unable to attend every fixture.

I'm a bit disappointed to receive the email at this critical time that the world is facing to be honest. We don't even know if this season will be finished to a conclusion yet and there's been zero communication about the remaining 5 games of THIS current season. We don't know what the league format will be next year and how many games.

No advance warning that our season tickets will be changing from premium season tickets to hospitality. Zero consultation with fans. I've had a season ticket in Bar72 for the last 8 years - paying for a premium season ticket.

That's a big rise when the country is on its knees with both workplace and finance. I'd have a beer and sometimes a pie if I can face the shit standard anyway. We all know programmes are going to go digital eventually and let's be honest - they can't even arrange an A4 paper team sheet most weeks. Not interested in an MC, hospitality named person or ex team players Q&A sessions as I meet family for a catch up and a blether pre and post match. About the only time I see them outwith the festive period.

Horsing the price up might force me to evaluate the value on offer. I'm fortunate with job security but I can watch every game in the comfort of home on IPTV for £40 a year with a beer in my hand. £1440 quid my arse.

Not feeling a good vibe at the minute but might come around later.

Have to be pointless, I think that’s too steep for me. I only come up for 6-8 games a season, and for work reasons managed only 4 this year. I always wrote off the ~£1,000 as my way of supporting the club, and always made sure someone on our bus or a family member back home had my card; but the best part of £1.5k is probably a bit much in my situation. If I was there every week, no hesitation, but I’m not.

You’ll not be alone Rangers could put them up 50% and the same people would bore us

The value obviously depends on how many home games we play in any given season. I thought about it when it first opened. I think my season ticket was about £600 at the time but might be wrong. Factor in the ticket cost of a European run and a few home cup games and Bar72 seemed a no brainier. Get papped out of Europe early though and not so much. In the end it was too much of a gamble for me personally. This price hike obviously makes it even more of a risk.

I'm a bit disappointed to receive the email at this critical time that the world is facing to be honest. We don't even know if this season will be finished to a conclusion yet and there's been zero communication about the remaining 5 games of THIS current season. We don't know what the league format will be next year and how many games.

No advance warning that our season tickets will be changing from premium season tickets to hospitality. Zero consultation with fans. I've had a season ticket in Bar72 for the last 8 years - paying for a premium season ticket.

That's a big rise when the country is on its knees with both workplace and finance. I'd have a beer and sometimes a pie if I can face the shit standard anyway. We all know programmes are going to go digital eventually and let's be honest - they can't even arrange an A4 paper team sheet most weeks. Not interested in an MC, hospitality named person or ex team players Q&A sessions as I meet family for a catch up and a blether pre and post match. About the only time I see them outwith the festive period.

Horsing the price up might force me to evaluate the value on offer. I'm fortunate with job security but I can watch every game in the comfort of home on IPTV for £40 a year with a beer in my hand. £1440 quid my arse.

The underlined is something that's annoying me. Given the bar was supposed to be upgraded this year they've obviously known about this for a while and yet the first it's announced is when they are looking for renewals.

I sit in Bar 72 and I can afford it but what I am finding difficult to get my head around is that the upgraded facilities will not be completed until the season after next but they are increasing the price for the coming season - which at this time no one know when it will begin or what format. add Into that the uncertainty the world is currently facing and it all seems a bit greedy and badly timed to me.

A massive hike. I am sure there are plenty of people that are willing and able to pay it when those who arent give it it, but it's still shite a slap in the face

I wouldn't pay that, but a European run could make it a decent deal, I'll renew my broomie front and maybe put in to transfer to the Govan

Nail on the head mate particularly the timing. I have emailed Club my disappointment at this and also what is on offer for what is a massive price hike. Will post any response

A pie at £2.60
A programme £3.50

I don't sit in bar 72 but that seems to be a rip off ,especially with the current financial climate and the amount of bears that will be paid off or on lower incomes for the foreseeable.
I sit in B72 and my seat is up just under 25% for next season, £269, if I pay it prompt. I normally have food and drink although don't buy a programme. Many in our rsc do buy a prog so I will give it to one of those guys. The pie and pint I will have, add the prog and it is worth £10 a game.

That rationale says the ST is virtually the same price but Rangers are getting a guaranteed slice of the matchday spend / profit.

Reminds me of the Members Area when folks who had been members for years were priced out by a huge price hike when Souness arrived with no consideration to their loyalty through some dire seasons.

Reminds me of the Members Area when folks who had been members for years were priced out by a huge price hike when Souness arrived with no consideration to their loyalty through some dire seasons.
Yes they completely ripped the arse out of many loyal members who had sat in section L for many many years. My brother in law being one of them.

Apologies for hijacking a Bar72 specific thread but could someone tell me how long, even roughly, the waiting list is for normal season tickets? My lad is of the age now where I'd like to look in to getting us a pair.

Apologies for hijacking a Bar72 specific thread but could someone tell me how long, even roughly, the waiting list is for normal season tickets? My lad is of the age now where I'd like to look in to getting us a pair.

I don’t think there is a waiting list.

Very sporadic and random, but phone up in the summer and you’ll get one.

Ah right. Cheers.

Figured there was as had seen it mentioned a few times earlier in the thread.

every year their is a list but first come first served when open. I’ve been trying for 3 years to get another seat for one of the kids beside us, I’d easily move. It’s nearly fucking impossible.

I have hospitality also but I dont use it and give it up to the company, it feels to much like work and would prefer to meet mates before the game and after. It’s why bar 72 works so well and that has a waiting list that will takes years to clear.

Only bar 72 and the members lounge have waiting lists of note. Members lounge is basically fucking impossible to get in.

Ah right. Cheers.

Figured there was as had seen it mentioned a few times earlier in the thread.

I think it’s something people like to peddle.

From what I have seen, phone up soon after the renewals are due back, you’ll get one.

This summer, especially.

That is a massive hike in all honesty and for what extra ?

A free pie and pint and an ex player to tell the same stories you've heard a million times before.
Saw someone else say this on twitter, huge jump for just that

If true about away tickets for bar72 with emails to those coming under hospitality I’d like to think it’s taken out hospitality away % of tickets and not diluting us that hold normal STs chances. If they want to class bar72 under a different bracket to us

Be ironic to buy the ticket then get banned from Europe because the incompetents hand the beasts the title

A pie at £2.60
A programme £3.50

MC Host & Live entertainment- i can imagine this getting very stale
Upgraded LED screens - the screens were so bad they had to be upgraded, not something id brag about or even include in this list
Ex-player visits & Q&A on all match days - as above this could get very stale
Complimentary drink on arrival - ok
Complimentary programme - meh
Complimentary pie at half-time - meh
Personalised membership card & lanyard - childish
Dedicated Account Manager - eh ok

Id never be able to afford bar72 but there isnt anything there that makes me think 'wow'. The place badly needed upgraded as the decor reminded me of the tesco supersaver bean can, but to bump up the price that much during the current crisis is incredibly poor by the club imo

I just think they're desperate for cash and when you are a business desperate for cash your more well healed customers are the ones to target. It'll be interesting to see what they do with standard season ticket prices

For the improvements that they are making to Bar72, the increase doesn't seem to be overly excessive. Dare I say if it wasn't for the current circumstances, most would feel that is reasonable?

I just think they're desperate for cash and when you are a business desperate for cash your more well healed customers are the ones to target. It'll be interesting to see what they do with standard season ticket prices

Not sure I'd say Bar72 ticket holders are particualry well healed. All the ones I know are just normal working folk. The well healed folk will be in the current hospitality suites.

For the improvements that they are making to Bar72, the increase doesn't seem to be overly excessive. Dare I say if it wasn't for the current circumstances, most would feel that is reasonable?
The improvements aren't happening till the following season and, as others mentioned, are things that should've been done anyway, i.e. new screens as the current ones are terrible

I think that will be indicative of ST price increase too, not ITK but just my thoughts.

I don't see how they can increase season ticket prices at all when the season ticket holders didn't even get all the games they paid for this season. Whilst I doubt people will be demanding refunds and as a goodwill gesture the vast majority will be happy to let the club keep the cash for the games they won't get to see, as a goodwill gesture from the club towards the fans I don't think any price increase should be implemented next season.

I don't see how they can increase season ticket prices at all when the season ticket holders didn't even get all the games they paid for this season. Whilst I doubt people will be demanding refunds and as a goodwill gesture the vast majority will be happy to let the club keep the cash for the games they won't get to see, as a goodwill gesture from the club towards the fans I don't think any price increase should be implemented next season.

The fact they have already increased in other areas would suggest otherwise (I am not saying I agree with it.) I will be pleased if there isn't a price increase elsewhere, but surprised.

I don’t really see many improvements in terms of facilities, admittedly that is based on an artists impression.

Not sure I'd say Bar72 ticket holders are particualry well healed. All the ones I know are just normal working folk. The well healed folk will be in the current hospitality suites.

on the whole I’d agree, most are normal fans who have decent jobs and incomes. There are however a lot in their who are are absolutely loaded who have contacts all through the club but don’t want stuffy hospitality so that’s why they choose there to sit.

Back