Bar72 Renewals Out

I don't see how they can increase season ticket prices at all when the season ticket holders didn't even get all the games they paid for this season. Whilst I doubt people will be demanding refunds and as a goodwill gesture the vast majority will be happy to let the club keep the cash for the games they won't get to see, as a goodwill gesture from the club towards the fans I don't think any price increase should be implemented next season.

The Club need to get the season ticket sales going pronto. We are in need of cash. As much as we can pull in. They cannot offer, for example, a discount based on losing games from this season because Rangers are actively lobbying to have those games played. Can't have it both ways.

I assume when those games are eventually confirmed as not happening the Club will put in place a claim process for the few who will want their money back.

The Club need to get the season ticket sales going pronto. We are in need of cash. As much as we can pull in. They cannot offer, for example, a discount based on losing games from this season because Rangers are actively lobbying to have those games played. Can't have it both ways.

I assume when those games are eventually confirmed as not happening the Club will put in place a claim process for the few who will want their money back.

I don't think the club have any liability towards the fans for matches not played due to circumstances out of their control. I think a price freeze across the board for next season would have been fair enough by way of compensation and a goodwill gesture.

I don't think the club have any liability towards the fans for matches not played due to circumstances out of their control. I think a price freeze across the board for next season would have been fair enough by way of compensation and a goodwill gesture.

It seems like an annual debate when it comes to season tickets. Freeze prices, reward us for our loyalty. I'm sure it happens at every club in the land. None of them take any notice. Its a business. Its about getting money in the coffers. It goes to help our club operate, it goes towards buying our transfer targets and paying their wages.

This Summer will be hard and folk will have to make choices.

If it sells out, the Club will have been proven right
There is a balance to be struck though. A football club isn't a normal business where if you don't like something you take your business elsewhere. The idea that supporters who've been there for years, including some of the worst we've ever seen, are simply dismissed with a comment about the club being right if someone else comes along and takes a seat they're forced to vacate doesn't really sit well.

The club have handled this very poorly. No consultation beforehand and the very first notification of it is when they bring out the season ticket renewals. That's ridiculous and it's made worse by the fact that the main change, the refurb of the bar, has been delayed a season.

I am guessing if any one renews we will have first shout at away tickets also as it’s falling under hospitality now with the price band the same as corporate get the chance of away tickets before any other season ticket holder?

I really don’t want to give me seat up.

Going to ask a friend if he wants to go halfers and get can pick which games he wants to go to.

Will save up next year myself so I am ready for it.

There is a balance to be struck though. A football club isn't a normal business where if you don't like something you take your business elsewhere. The idea that supporters who've been there for years, including some of the worst we've ever seen, are simply dismissed with a comment about the club being right if someone else comes along and takes a seat they're forced to vacate doesn't really sit well.

The club have handled this very poorly. No consultation beforehand and the very first notification of it is when they bring out the season ticket renewals. That's ridiculous and it's made worse by the fact that the main change, the refurb of the bar, has been delayed a season.

You've a point on when the refurb happens. Albeit it was initially planned for this year and their Business Plan may have been based on the additional income - as limited as it is. Its a valid point you make though.

I'm not so sure on the consultation bit though. Ask anybody if they'd like to pay 25%-35% more for, basically, the same thing and they will, in the majority, say NO. Ask them if they'd pay more for 'improved facilities' and some will say YES and some will say NO. The bottom line, literally, is 'can we sell all these seats at the increased prices'. Remember, the additional funds are helping sustain our Club, its not as if they are going elsewhere. We all want our Club to be the best it can be. That takes cool, hard cash. As much of it as they can muster.

If it sells out, the Club will have been proven right
That doesn’t mean it’s right but. People will pay more money to have the extras that Bar72 offers but it doesn’t make it right to increase the season ticket price by 35% considering the circumstances. It’s also not going to be complete until the 2021/22 season.

That doesn’t mean it’s right but. People will pay more money to have the extras that Bar72 offers but it doesn’t make it right to increase the season ticket price by 35% considering the circumstances. It’s also not going to be complete until the 2021/22 season.

A lot of loyal Bears who use Bar72 will sadly be priced out now which is a shame.

Totally wrong approach IMO.

Bears will lose their seat because of this could’ve at least gave us a season to save up for it and create a waiting list for those who will be able to pay for the ones who can’t in a years time.

If I had the money I would pay it but I’ve not at this moment in time.

I think Bar72 has shown there is a demand for a non-hospitality style “premium season ticket”

To the extent I think it would be silly of the club to not have a standardised SPL 19 game £1000 season ticket with access to similar facilities.

I think it would be a sensible and pragmatic decision if those deciding against renewing for “club 72” had their details taken and given first refusal if such a lounge is eventually proven feasible somewhere else in the ground.

Does anybody know if you will be able to use seat sub with this season ticket ? I only get to around 10 games a season so used this a lot last year.
Also I’ve just thought that my renewal doesn’t mention the credit I should have from seat sub from last year. Wonder when that is taken off ?

Does anybody know if you will be able to use seat sub with this season ticket ? I only get to around 10 games a season so used this a lot last year.
Also I’ve just thought that my renewal doesn’t mention the credit I should have from seat sub from last year. Wonder when that is taken off ?

Yes it should but maybe for just League games like ordinary season tickets?

Also it only kicks in once the game has sold out

Cut off point for following season is end of February

Yes it should but maybe for just League games like ordinary season tickets?

Also it only kicks in once the game has sold out

Cut off point for following season is end of February

thanks for the info. I’ll be severely annoyed if I have used seat sub for 5/6 games but got nothing back.

I have never been consulted in 25years in the pub game by one Brewer, Soft drink manufacturer or Spirit company asking about my opinion on a price rise, not once.
The reality is the Club makes a decision about what is best for the Club.
We are without a doubt the most Loyal fans in football, but ultimately we are customers

thanks for the info. I’ll be severely annoyed if I have used seat sub for 5/6 games but got nothing back.

Probably won't be the 1st one that hasn't got anything back - maybe try and chase it up although given the current situation it be difficult

I have bought 2 via Seatsub this season I would hope those 2 get the benefit of it

Last edited:
I have never been consulted in 25years in the pub game by one Brewer, Soft drink manufacturer or Spirit company asking about my opinion on a price rise, not once.
We are without a doubt the most Loyal fans in football, but ultimately we are customers
It's not solely a price rise, it's also about the changes they are bringing in. I can't find anyone who is happy with the idea of a MC with live entertainment, Q&A with former players etc. In my experience most folk are happy having a chat with their mates in the bar while they watch a game or Sky Sports on the telly. That's all about to change with folk having to sit quietly during the Q&A. Now I've done hospitality at various times and that's something that's okay on those occasions but Bar72 has a completely different vibe and I can see folk getting fed up with it fairly quickly.

It's not solely a price rise, it's also about the changes they are bringing in. I can't find anyone who is happy with the idea of a MC with live entertainment, Q&A with former players etc. In my experience most folk are happy having a chat with their mates in the bar while they watch a game or Sky Sports on the telly. That's all about to change with folk having to sit quietly during the Q&A. Now I've done hospitality at various times and that's something that's okay on those occasions but Bar72 has a completely different vibe and I can see folk getting fed up with it fairly quickly.

your totally correct . Folk will clap the person in then just chat away to their friends. In my opinion the only things they need to do in bar 72 is :

1. provide different types of seating
2.Have the food and drink service areas at different parts of room so you don’t have mixed up queues
3. Better TVs
4. Better quality food

When have you been hit with a 35% increase with no notice and told the packaging will improve in 2021/22. You have the option to change suppliers in the open market where we have an emotional connecting with the one team we support. Idiot.

The increase is an absolute disgrace. I don't sit there but I know a few who do. They say the food is sub-standard, the seating is poor and TVs are outdated. Rangers are trying to justify the increase by pointing to the improvements, but decent TVs, food and seating should be a given. I understand they might want to increase the price but £400 is shocking.

When have you been hit with a 35% increase with no notice and told the packaging will improve in 2021/22. You have the option to change suppliers in the open market where we have an emotional connecting with the one team we support. Idiot.
And you have the option to change seats
Signed
Idiot

I’m on the waiting list for Bar 72. Got two ST in SJF. Cracking seats but I’m quite interested in the Bar72 option next season.

You pay your money, you take your choice

The way it worked on my renewal last season (not in Bar 72) was you did the online renewal and then at the end of the process the seat sub credit was deducted before final payment stage.

I think his point is there was no consultation, it seems many fans on here anyway, are not interested in a Q&A. I can't say I blame them, they're forking out a premium and an ex player will get paid X amount to turn up to tell a few tales.
Why do people think they are in some way going to make a difference if there was a consultation?
The Club should and will make the decision that suits the Club, if people disagree with it or can't afford it, they can always ask to move to a 'Cheaper ST' like me

Why do people think they are in some way going to make a difference if there was a consultation?
The Club should and will make the decision that suits the Club, if people disagree with it or can't afford it, they can always ask to move to a 'Cheaper ST' like me
You won't be in favour of the club consulting with supporters over issues such as moving the Union Bears then?

It's not as simple as that, if you sit with friends it's highly unlikely that you'll be able to get seats together. So those in this situation will bite the bullet and renew, if they can afford it, as there's no real alternative. It's poor from the club to increase by £400 during a time of real uncertainty.

I'm going to email and see if there's a swap procedure, anyone in the stadium wanting to shift to Bar 72 and I can move there. Under normal circumstances, I might have bit my lip and paid or if they gave notice of intention earlier in the season. They have waited right up until renewals and amid a financial crisis to land this on the door
Is it a single seat? If it was 2 together then I would definitely be interested

Would you be happy if the club decided to turn your seat in the SJR to corporate without any prior consultation? People would've just liked a bit of prior warning instead of an email out the blue saying we're changing everything about your ST and it's now going to cost the guts of an extra £350.

There could be a problem with social distancing lasting longer. It could mean a late start to the season with a possibility of a shorter season. What would happen with season ticket money. This season we are 5 games short of a full season and nothing has been said.

Would you be happy if the club decided to turn your seat in the SJR to corporate without any prior consultation? People would've just liked a bit of prior warning instead of an email out the blue saying we're changing everything about your ST and it's now going to cost the guts of an extra £350.
If that's what the Club decided, I would have no choice and would not expect them to ask for my opinion

Back