Bar72 sold out again?

Bar 72 was way too cheap as a result of us getting chucked to bottom tier (no pun intended)
I had second best seat in stadium i.e. second row on half-way line prior to having a small ban ☹☹ I was shocked that prices had not been increased substantially.
As an example during our Champions League/ UEFA Cup Final run I paid less for whole Season than my son who had a pretty ord seat in Govan Rear.

Agreed, they really should have had a gradual increase over the past 5 years of say £200 each year instead of the jump between 2020/21-2021 imo.

That said i love the bar72 set up and best view in the stadium for me so i will be doing everything to try to make sure im still sitting in my usual seat for first game 2021/22 season.

Also glad to see the place getting a refurb as definitely needs a wee upgrade, quicker service, better seating arrangements etc, looking forward to see how it looks.

Possibly. But to go from £1099.00 last year to £1440.00 this year and £2366.40 for next year?! They are having a laugh. No way was I paying that next year so bailed out this year hoping for a decent transfer.

Wow that is incredible! Do you get anything for that? I just thought it got you access to the bar where you still had to buy everything.

I would be wanting unlimited booze every game.

I always thought if I won a bit of cash I would splash out on these seats but would need a lotto win to pay that!

Agreed, they really should have had a gradual increase over the past 5 years of say £200 each year instead of the jump between 2020/21-2021 imo.

That said i love the bar72 set up and best view in the stadium for me so i will be doing everything to try to make sure im still sitting in my usual seat for first game 2021/22 season.

Also glad to see the place getting a refurb as definitely needs a wee upgrade, quicker service, better seating arrangements etc, looking forward to see how it looks.
It is a bit harsh if you have sat there for years to think that you are being priced out but it has been too cheap.
When I got punted the bastards sold my seat to someone else and I was only 3 games into Season from memory - so it was a very expensive seat
Go to Hospitality now so that I behave
I will say something though the guys around me behave impeccably. Strange they are all the same as me once we are in our own company

Updating the TV screens and giving an arrival drink and programme and a pie at half time......lolz!

From the season after next it’s just shy of £2400 , a £1300 increase . 18 pies , 18 programmes and 18 drinks being generous will cost £200 . What does the other £1100 get you ?

It was overpriced last year never mind this year for what you get. Its risk and reward. 3 years ago we got pumped off Progress and no European football

From the season after next it’s just shy of £2400 , a £1300 increase . 18 pies , 18 programmes and 18 drinks being generous will cost £200 . What does the other £1100 get you ?
Its supply and demand, the club know the interest this area gets and have priced it accordingly.

Had two seats there for three seasons but moved to GF1 a few years back with a group of mates.

Last edited:

I’ve probably got one of the best seats in the stadium, albeit not central. I get access to a cash bar for 2 hours before & 2 hours after the game (other hospitality is only an hour after the game I believe although with free bar.)

All 1st team home games included which, in normal circumstances, is more than 18 games.

Classed as corporate now with away tickets, domestic & European, hopefully less of a ticket scramble.

I don’t think anyone that’s renewing is doing so on the strength of a free pint, pie and program.

Yes it’s a massive price hike but plenty are prepared to pay it. I’m surprised at the poster that said 60 seats remaining as I was pretty sure it was sold out with waiting list. If it isn’t, I’m certain it will be. The new set up looks first class, just a pity we are paying for much of it before it’s in place, hopefully It’s worth it.

Last edited:
Gave it a bit of thought but eventually jumped seat from Bar 72 to BF 5. Really enjoyed Bar 72 for what it was, just a pint, a blether, convenience and a great seat. I'm not into pre match entertainment, Q&A etc. If it secures the club extra cash then so be it, as long as I'm in the stadium for 55:D

It is a bit harsh if you have sat there for years to think that you are being priced out but it has been too cheap.
When I got punted the bastards sold my seat to someone else and I was only 3 games into Season from memory - so it was a very expensive seat
Go to Hospitality now so that I behave
I will say something though the guys around me behave impeccably. Strange they are all the same as me once we are in our own company

Wtf were you doing

Gave it a bit of thought but eventually jumped seat from Bar 72 to BF 5. Really enjoyed Bar 72 for what it was, just a pint, a blether, convenience and a great seat. I'm not into pre match entertainment, Q&A etc. If it secures the club extra cash then so be it, as long as I'm in the stadium for 55:D

Welcome to the BF5 party :D had my ST there since we came back up, love it

The season just gone we would've had a minimum of 30 home games (not including friendlies). That's £80 for a match ticket for the best seats in the house, access to a cash bar with a pint, pie and programme included, and meet and greet with club legends. That seems a fair deal to me. The sudden rise is not ideal but we've been undercutting ourselves for years.

Me and my mate have been on the bar72 wait list for three years now. Had even indicated we weren’t fussed about seats together. Looks like we have again missed out.

that said it’s maybe a good thing as whilst I’m happy to treat myself to a £1400 seat this year, I’d really not fancy £2300 for subsequent years any way.

It looks like we both will have to stick to our own pretty good seats, me gf4 he cd3.

And a Q&A with an old player, forgot about that too.
The thing that not a single person I've spoken to has any interest in. I've posted before but Bar72 has the buzz of a normal boozer with folk talking to mates and sometimes watching the games that are on the telly. Don't think most folk will be happy at having to sit quietly while Bob Malcom answers questions about working on an ice cream van.

I’ve probably got one of the best seats in the stadium, albeit not central. I get access to a cash bar for 2 hours before & 2 hours after the game (other hospitality is only an hour after the game I believe although with free bar.)

All 1st team home games included which, in normal circumstances, is more than 18 games.

Classed as corporate now with away tickets, domestic & European, hopefully less of a ticket scramble.

I don’t think anyone that’s renewing is doing so on the strength of a free pint, pie and program.

Yes it’s a massive price hike but plenty are prepared to pay it. I’m surprised at the poster that said 60 seats remaining as I was pretty sure it was sold out with waiting list. If it isn’t, I’m certain it will be. The new set up looks first class, just a pity we are paying for much of it before it’s in place, hopefully It’s worth it.

Fair enough squire as you say supply and demand , if the punters are paying it , why wouldn’t the club take it .

I think it's a shame to lose what Bar 72 was. It may have been under-priced - but for me the first option should have been to remove the 'extras' and make holders pay for the European and Cup games.

However, if there's excess demand for hospitality then adding more hospitality seats can only be a positive. But then I think you need to make the experience better than a pie and a pint.

I tried to get 2 and was told back in June that they where all gone. I’m supposedly on a waiting list

I asked about a transfer today, was told they haven't started working them yet and when they do it will be done in order. As ever, the TO staff are helpful enough but a simple published message with clear dates and process would do us all a favour; us clarity and them not having to field questions all the time and actually complete transfers. Was told I my case I was already on the transfer list (hadn't had a season on this ID before so assume this was my waiting list pref?) but have no way to check or amend what my selection is.

Makes a big deal for me as my seat has a great view but doesn't look create on a stadium plan so resale is tough on Seatsub. Have to rely on mates taking it.

I am in Club72 and have been for the past 5 years. For the past 3 I have been on the waiting list for an additional seat. With the introduction of Mygers the list was scrapped sop I spoke to Natalie who last week arranged for me to get an additional seat next to the one I have. I got the additional invoice yesterday which I paid so they are defiantly doing transfers just now.

The thing that not a single person I've spoken to has any interest in. I've posted before but Bar72 has the buzz of a normal boozer with folk talking to mates and sometimes watching the games that are on the telly. Don't think most folk will be happy at having to sit quietly while Bob Malcom answers questions about working on an ice cream van.

If I'm selected to be involved in the focus group that point will be getting raised.

I think it's a shame to lose what Bar 72 was. It may have been under-priced - but for me the first option should have been to remove the 'extras' and make holders pay for the European and Cup games.

However, if there's excess demand for hospitality then adding more hospitality seats can only be a positive. But then I think you need to make the experience better than a pie and a pint.

Possibly the biggest attraction is getting every game included, many are happy to take their chances if that works out in their favour.

Would suggest that the experience the season after this will be slightly better than a pie and a pint, most have no interest in either the free pie or program for that matter. There are plenty benefits that people are choosing to ignore.

If I'm selected to be involved in the focus group that point will be getting raised.
I do hospitality once a season with my mates and seeing some players in there is okay as it's something different and more of an occasion. Having it week in week out with the same old patter would be pretty tedious imo.

I had a seat in bar 72 for 9 years. It was great to have a chat with friends before and after games. As an older person it was too expensive for the coming season and next season. In those years missed about 2 games including all the friendlies. I had a great seat and enjoyed my time going to all the games.

I do hospitality once a season with my mates and seeing some players in there is okay as it's something different and more of an occasion. Having it week in week out with the same old patter would be pretty tedious imo.

Agreed, once every month or so would probably be okay.

I think it would be remiss of the club not to look at the introduction of another Bar72 for season 21/22.

You are likely to have a lot of people not only looking for a seat transfer but willing to pay circa £1500 a season for it.
That’s quite a sum for the club to effectively turn down and shunt people randomly around the stadium into £450 seats.

I think it was @Crouchy who suggested that the CD could possibly have an area there utilised for this.

As I say, I think it would be daft of the club not to look at this in financial terms and it would also make it a lot more palatable when the time comes and people are moving seats.

I had a seat in bar 72 for 9 years. It was great to have a chat with friends before and after games. As an older person it was too expensive for the coming season and next season. In those years missed about 2 games including all the friendlies. I had a great seat and enjoyed my time going to all the games.
Are you giving up completely A or you looking to transfer to another part of the stadium?

Possibly. But to go from £1099.00 last year to £1440.00 this year and £2366.40 for next year?! They are having a laugh. No way was I paying that next year so bailed out this year hoping for a decent transfer.
£1099 was probably as cheap per game as GR3/4/5 last season. I have been in B72 since day 1 and paid the £1368 a pop for ours this season because for every game and where the seats are it is still a good deal. The pint and pie included now is money I would be spending regardless and the free prog I will give away, although I often buy one for somebody else anyway.

When I saw and thought about the 2 year deal available at £3219, I paid the balance and took that option. That obviously gets every home game covered for 2 seasons with no cccs hassle etc. The fact you just forget about it and turn up at Ibrox knowing your good to go for every game is great as you know.

Have to see how the pricing goes after the 2 years but the biggest factor is we only make 2/3rds of the games on average:(

Wow that is incredible! Do you get anything for that? I just thought it got you access to the bar where you still had to buy everything.

I would be wanting unlimited booze every game.

I always thought if I won a bit of cash I would splash out on these seats but would need a lotto win to pay that!
I'd prefer a date with Sonia than the free bevvy.
Almost tee total loyal.

Reactions: GF1
I have just renewed our 2 seats in Bar / Club 72. I had asked if we could move seats within Bar 72 ahead of any general sale. They called last week to discuss a potential seat swap. We declined as there were only really single seats available.

The interesting part of the conversation was that they were pleased with the high renewal rate. Only ‘about 60’ had not renewed. She also said that after seat swaps they were offering any spare seats to existing ‘VIP’ clients in other hospitality areas ahead of any general sale.

Based on that conversation, I’d suggest there will be few, if any, seats made available this season in Bar / Club 72 unless you already had one or were an existing corporate ticket holder

Last edited:
What’s that, about 90% up take?

250 seats in a row?
I'd imagine we'll see a bigger difference next season when an even bigger increase kicks in. I've renewed but asked for a move if possible. Haven't had any contact since then.

Back