Barasic

The Busby Bear

This guy surely isn’t the same player we saw playing for Osijek? Looks like a rabbit in the headlights and bottles it from any confrontation. The boy Ferguson was giving him a mouthful in the 2nd half and he went completely into his shell. Not what we require by a long shot.

Wouldn't want to be in the trenches with him that's for sure.

Was he at fault for the 2nd goal? There seemed to a lot of space down the left side.

He hasn't actually done that bad defensively, I can't really remember him having a horrid team or thinking he's getting rinsed everytime a winger got near him. I just expected a hard hitting no nonsense Croatian.

Was he at fault for the 2nd goal, there seemed to a lot of space down the left side.

He hasn't actually done that bad defensively, I can't really remember him having a horrid team or thinking he's getting rinsed everytime a winger got near him. I just expected a hard hitting no nonsense Croatian.
I don't know what happened at the 2nd goal would need to see it back, but worral was absolutely screaming at him after it. Goldson as well to an extent.

Was he at fault for the 2nd goal? There seemed to a lot of space down the left side.

You didn't see him up against Greg Stewart at Shittodrie in the 4-2 game I take it...Stewart had him inside out the full fucking game.

I don’t get it with this guy.

The glimpses we saw of him for Osijek and his initial stint in the side he looked like a real unit, good stamina to bomb up and down the flank with a real mean delivery on him.

Now he’s ducking out of challenges, constantly looks like me after 10 minutes of 5’s and just looks uninterested frankly.

What happened in those 6-ish months?

The aggression seems to have gine from his game. Have to say, I've been disappointed with him so far. He's a good footballer, but he really needs to improve on the physical side of his game.

He’s not very good. Lacks the pace to take defenders on the outside which means he struggles when wingers do the same to him.

Looked today like his teammates have zero confidence in him as well. He actually was in good positions and wasn’t passed the ball on a few occasions.

He’s been a waste of money, as has Grezda. Maybe Osijek weren’t actually very good.

Ghost of the player we once thought we were buying.

Bereft of all confidence, has the heart of a mouse and defensively an absolute bombscare.

Halliday all day long.

Waste of space quite frankly. We were robbed. People on here were seriously saying we had a superstar and the best LB in Scotland. He’s not even in the top 3

He is unrecognizable from the player who started the season.
His Crossing is now garbage and he seems to have lost yards of pace.
Somethings wrong with that boy’s mentality

Clear as day that’s he’s a shitebag in the tackle and is scared of the ball in front of 50,000.

It’s one thing coming to Ibrox in a one off away game but another having the demands of the 50,000 on you shoulders every second week.

Been really disappointed with him.

lets be honest aberdeen targeted him in the last couple of games and continuous tonight, our manager done nothing to rectify that.

i said at HT, halliday on, barisic off and defeo on..not sure who id have replaced him for.

Did he? I don't honestly remember it being as bad as you made out. Nowhere as bad as some of the performances our other backup left backs have put in.
He did yes

Barisic was woeful again tonight. Offers absolutely nothing. I've never seen a player want rid of the ball as soon as he gets it as much as him.

Gerrards fault, there is a major problem there. I have noticed the last 3 games that Kent either doesn't like him or doesn't trust him, players seem to give him abuse all the time and he looks absolute devoid of confidence. If I can notice that and Gerrard and his staff can't then they are howling at the moon

How he continues to play is beyond me. I’ve yet to see the attacking threat he possesses that so many go on about, also still confused at the fact some will make a mockery of you when u suggest Halliday should be play ahead of him.

However, i thought the abuse & groans he was getting any time he was near the ball, first 20 minutes in particular, didn’t help. I’m all for discussing between each other who we think is good and not, but during the 90 continually slaughtering individuals isn’t the way to go about it. Drained his confidence and added to the sheep’s.

This guy surely isn’t the same player we saw playing for Osijek? Looks like a rabbit in the headlights and bottles it from any confrontation. The boy Ferguson was giving him a mouthful in the 2nd half and he went completely into his shell. Not what we require by a long shot.

Don’t want to turn this into a Tav bashing thread but I wonder if he flattered him by being caught out of position etc. I had a totally differant expectation of him too.
He’s too weak, personally think Hallidays came on a level & more reliable. Barisic wasn’t the reason lost tonight, too many others found the jersey too heavy, again...

Shirking out of challenges & 50/50s, always seems to want rid of the ball at the first opportunity. Hes in the Croatia squad so surely he must have something to him but appears to chuck it during games I think.

The fact that many would rather Halliday at left back before him tells you all you need to know. A makeshift LB outshining him 9 times out of 10.

Overall, a really disappointing signing.

The guy is not good enough!

lets be honest aberdeen targeted him in the last couple of games and continuous tonight, our manager done nothing to rectify that.

i said at HT, halliday on, barisic off and defeo on..not sure who id have replaced him for.

Ryan Kent was really poor tonight. Don’t know how he stayed on. Great attitude the kid has but he got so much opportunity to hurt them & wasted it all. As did Candeias.

I think his confidence is non-existent, and i'm not sure Ibrox is the place to be when you need to try and get that back.

As much as i'd be inclined to persevere with him based on what we saw at the beginning of the season, I wouldn't lose any sleep if Osijek bought him back.

Back