Barasic

Has been terrible for months. What I hate most about any player is them hiding in games. If you get on the ball and it doesn’t happen for you, fair enough, you learn from it.

He rarely shows for the ball and his first thought is how do I get this back to the centre half safely. Shell of the player we saw against us and over in Villarreal.

Has been terrible for months. What I hate most about any player is them hiding in games. If you get on the ball and it doesn’t happen for you, fair enough, you learn from it.

He rarely shows for the ball and his first thought is how do I get this back to the centre half safely. Shell of the player we saw against us and over in Villarreal.

He hasn't been terrible for months. If he has been terrible for months, I'm sure you'll have a list of the countless time he's cost us goals due to being terrible?

A lot of people are confusing a lack of mental toughness and being terrible.

We expected a lot more from him obviously but to say he's been terrible when we've witnessed Flanagan being hauled off at half time more times than I can remember for being actually terrible, it's laughable to use that term for Barisic.

He hasn't been terrible for months. If he has been terrible for months, I'm sure you'll have a list of the countless time he's cost us goals due to being terrible?

A lot of people are confusing a lack of mental toughness and being terrible.

We expected a lot more from him obviously but to say he's been terrible when we've witnessed Flanagan being hauled off at half time more times than I can remember for being actually terrible, it's laughable to use that term for Barisic.
Other than Villareal away he has been ansolutely honking. Genuinely don't know what your seeing with him.

Playing more like Hodson every time I see him in non action.

He's got to sort himself fuukin out.

I don't expect him to ever come good. Has nowhere near the assertive style of play that an effective full back requires.

Can't keep referring to his two performance against us as a barometer. It was two effing games. Loads of poor players have a run of some good performances etc.

Sorry but him and Grezda have that same terrified look about them. WTF is that about?

Give the guy a break FFS, he's been injured most of the times he's been here and now our footballing sages are comparing him to Hodson!

You think what he contributes is measured solely on the goals we conceded?

I'll take that a no you cannot list off the countess goals he has been at fault for.

You said he has been absolutely honking, that would mean he's been making mistakes and causing goals from the left back area of the park. Other posters have pointed out he was bad up against Greg Stewart in the 4-2 game a few weeks back, last night, he was as culpable as Jack and Kamara in the 2nd goal.

Other than that it should be easy to list off his mistakes.

He's been bang average since he's been here, mainly through injuries and a loss of confidence, but not really been suspect defensively, or it would have been easy to list off examples, ala Flanagan being hauled off at half time in numerous games this season.

Just think at some of the absolutely honking defenders and full backs we've had in the last 7 years. Hyperbole does no one any favours.

I'll take that a no you cannot list off the countess goals he has been at fault for.

You said he has been absolutely honking, that would mean he's been making mistakes and causing goals from the left back area of the park. Other posters have pointed out he was bad up against Greg Stewart in the 4-2 game a few weeks back, last night, he was as culpable as Jack and Kamara in the 2nd goal.

He's been bang average since he's been here, mainly through injuries and a loss of confidence, but not really been suspect defensively, or it would have been easy to list off examples, ala Flanagan being hauled off at half time in numerous games this season.

Just think at some of the absolutely honking defenders and full backs we've had in the last 7 years. Hyperbole does no one any favours.

so far he's been poor to chronic, so bad even his own team mates dont want to pass to him but you crack on with the hyperbole.

He's been bang average since he's been here, mainly through injuries and a loss of confidence, but not really been suspect defensively

I agree with this. He has the quality, it has been there to see. I don't believe it is a lack of heart or any of that stuff, I think his season has been hampered and his confidence has took a massive pummeling. I don't think his confidence has been helped by some players (Worrall and Jack mainly) constantly on at him when I am watching people be much worse in the same games.

Then you have points where he is in great positions and he doesn't get the ball? Take yesterday for example, Kent and Tavs delivery were woeful, don't get me started on Candeias, but Barisic isn't deserving of a pass when he is in a great position to cross? Most of the time he doesn't get a pass is through Kent. I don't believe it is because Kent doesn't trust, it's because Kent just doesn't ever play that reverse pass.

He’s been a huge disappointment, thought he would be a star for us.

He lacks the mentality but also the ability, if we can get our money back we should move him on
The ability isn’t there?
He’s just been selected for the Croatian squad so it can’t be that.
My guess, it’s just the uniqueness of Scottish football.

so far he's been poor to chronic, so bad even his own team mates dont want to pass to him but you crack on with the hyperbole.

How has he been chronic? He's severely out of form and has confidence problems, but no one can seem to list all the mistakes he has made to be labelled "chronic" and "absolutely honking"

As I've said alread, I question why our players were ignoring him in favour of giving the ball to Candieas for him to punt crosses into the stand.

I agree with this. He has the quality, it has been there to see. I don't believe it is a lack of heart or any of that stuff, I think his season has been hampered and his confidence has took a massive pummeling. I don't think his confidence has been helped by some players (Worrall and Jack mainly) constantly on at him when I am watching people be much worse in the same games.

Then you have points where he is in great positions and he doesn't get the ball? Take yesterday for example, Kent and Tavs delivery were woeful, but Barisic isn't deserving of a pass when he is in a great position to cross? Most of the time he doesn't get a pass is through Kent. I don't believe it is because Kent doesn't trust, it's because Kent just doesn't ever play that reverse pass.

%^*& it mate, we could always bring back Hodson. He's only on loan after all. Then people will see an "chronic" and "absolutely honking" left back.

How has he been chronic? He's severely out of form and has confidence problems, but no one can seem to list all the mistakes he has made to be labelled "chronic" and "absolutely honking"

As I've said alread, I question why our players were ignoring him in favour of giving the ball to Candieas for him to punt crosses into the stand.

i thought it was plainly obvious last night that only did kent and others seem very reluctant to pass to him, he never made runs inside the full back when kent was looking to slip him in. He stands motionless on the touchline waiting for the pass. He was dreadful last night.

i should add, aberdeen sent every punt, cross and attack down our left side targeting barisic and it worked, what gets me more annoyed than barisic's feeble performance is why our manager done nothing to counter this.

We should have kept Dj, he was fast and gave his all and wasn't a bad a player at all ,snuffed out Forrest a couple of times, strange how we has sold so quickly.

No world beater but i liked his energy and drive down the left.

i thought it was plainly obvious last night that only did kent and others seem very reluctant to pass to him, he never made runs inside the full back when kent was looking to slip him in. He stands motionless on the touchline waiting for the pass. He was dreadful last night.

Kent refused to pass to him because he goes insidea and gets tunnel vision.

He was average last night, If he was dreadful last night wtf have our full backs being for the previous 7 years.

We should have kept Dj, he was fast and gave his all and wasn't a bad a player at all ,snuffed out Forrest a couple of times, strange how we has sold so quickly.

No world beater but i liked his energy and drive down the left.

John who was statistically one of the worst % wise a stopping crosses. That Declan John?

People calling out Barisic but actively wanting someone who has been proven to be so bad defensively.

I’m sure I’ve read a similar thread on Halliday...now people calling for him to be the saviour.

I’m going to let Barasic have a pre season and an injury free season before deciding.

John who was statistically one of the worst % wise a stopping crosses. That Declan John?

People calling out Barisic but actively wanting someone who has been proven to be so bad defensively.
Yes that Declan John, the one who gave a shit and had some pace to take players on and hit the byline, i dont care about cross % stats, he was a decent player and better than Barisic, not a great defender but at least offered something going forward.

Look at the state of him in the last few games v Aberdeen amongst others, utterly dreadful !

He just jogs about, never seems to show any urgency. He looked like a proper committed player against us for Osijek, looks a guy phoning it in now he's at Rangers.

Yes that Declan John, the one who gave a shit and had some pace to take players on and hit the byline, i dont care about cross % stats, he was a decent player and better than Barisic.

Look at the state of him in the last few games v Aberdeen amongst others, utterly dreadful !

A defender who cannot defend is not a decent player.

A defender who cannot defend is not a decent player.
Well Barisic cant do either, Dj offered an attacking threat and i dont remember seeing him being ripped apart that often, he gave 100% and didnt go hiding.

Barisic looks like he has tanned a bottle of vodka before stepping onto the pitch, he has been dreadful and enough is enough for me, im all for giving players time but he has had too much.

Well Barisic cant do either, Dj offered an attacking threat and i dont remember seeing him being ripped apart that often, he gave 100% and didnt go hiding.

Barisic looks like he has tanned a bottle of vodka before stepping onto the pitch, he has been dreadful and enough is enough for me, im all for giving players time but he has had too much.

Declan John was part of the worst defence I've ever seen at Rangers last season.

John was awful at defending, you know his main job. He was a reason why our defence was awful, he couldn't stop the crosses which often resulted in carnage in the box.

I honestly believe Barisic has talent but is going through a mental crisis or a complete lack of confidence.
The problem is he has to sort it out now as we can't continue with him in his present state of mind.

Declan John was part of the worst defence I've ever seen at Rangers last season.

John was awful at defending, you know his main job. He was a reason why our defence was awful, he couldn't stop the crosses which often resulted in carnage in the box.
I have to disagree with you, you could bring these countless examples of dj's sloppy defending but im really not that fussed, he offered an attacking threat, at least, Barisic offers nothing at all, he is hopeless !

I never said he was responsible for goals conceded I said defensively he has been shite, which he has, and that he was hiding and offering nothing like what he should be for the money we paid for him.

This guy surely isn’t the same player we saw playing for Osijek? Looks like a rabbit in the headlights and bottles it from any confrontation. The boy Ferguson was giving him a mouthful in the 2nd half and he went completely into his shell. Not what we require by a long shot.

Hes very hesitant, often gets caught in 2 minds of taking an extra touch or playing a pass and it leads to silly loose pass which is often closed down. He doesn't like going into 5050 challenges either. His delivery into the box can be decent although it seems to take forever for him to make his mind up and again, its closed down. Halliday at LB is a better option at the moment, hes the most improved player in that team and has proved to be a consistent performer this season.

Barasic is a classy left back but is not aggressive enough, well short of confidence and looks as if he would prefer to be elsewhere.

Halliday is a better bet out of what we have available at the moment but we need a new left back in the summer.

Overall he has been pish, but has a sweet left foot, baffles me why he doesn't take corners

Is he the same player who played against us at Ibrox with a head wound bandaged up and almost dragged his team through with a great goal and caused us all sorts of problems with his crossing? I swear osijek have sold us a lookalike

Kent refused to pass to him because he goes insidea and gets tunnel vision.

He was average last night, If he was dreadful last night wtf have our full backs being for the previous 7 years.

not too sure what your point is here?

was stevie smith or foster not very good, yes. Barsisic, up to this point in his rangers, also doesnt look very good.

not too sure what your point is here?

was stevie smith or foster not very good, yes. Barsisic, up to this point in his rangers, also doesnt look very good.

My point was hyperbole does no one any favours. When people are using terms absolutely howling, dud, chronic after watching Lee Hodson and Ricky Foster for the last 7 years they've lost all sense of reality.

Barisic has been nowhere near that bad, those players previously mentioned were out of their depth in league 1 ffs.

Give the guy a break FFS, he's been injured most of the times he's been here and now our footballing sages are comparing him to Hodson!

Excuses, excuses, excuses.

How much time do we need to give players? They should be able to hit the ground running. Tired of this, give him time, give him time shite. It's high stakes, high reward work they are in perform or GTF.

In any case, he's had plenty of game time and not shown nearly enough. Can barely think of anything he's contributed at all.

His biggest problem is going to be that the crowd has pretty much turned on him.

Does anyone believe he has it in him to turn that around?

My point was hyperbole does no one any favours. When people are using terms absolutely howling, dud, chronic after watching Lee Hodson and Ricky Foster for the last 7 years they've lost all sense of reality.

Barisic has been nowhere near that bad, those players previously mentioned were out of their depth in league 1 ffs.
It's not hyperbole though is it? Every single example given on this thread can be backed up with evidence of what we see on the park from him.

im sure you've defended barisic a few times recently but he is awful, so bad that i want halliday in for him. Aberdeen targeted him in the previous game and last night, barisic is a massive weak spot for us.

Defended Barišić after a few performances where he was no where near as bad as made out. But people were making him out to be Hodson esque in order to back up their votes for Halliday over Barišić.

I'm also said he wasn't as much as a stand out in the Osijek games against us and people made him out to be, which was true.

He's been terrible for Rangers. He's lacks any kind of defensive attributes and is absolutely powder puff. You put him under any sort of pressure and it's a skied, aimless launch up the park.

Back