Barasic

It's not hyperbole though is it? Every single example given on this thread can be backed up with evidence of what we see on the park from him.

Yet I'm still waiting for examples of him being costing goals, getting skint constantly etc.

He's been nowhere as bad as made out. Did we expect more from him, of course we did. Has he been as chronic and absolutely howling like full backs of Smith, Hodson and Foster, that greek boy, no he hasn't.

From day one I’ve never got the praise fans with giving him. He didn’t stand out for me when he played against us and has been rotten in most games. He has no heart no passion no desire. Give me Halliday everyday of the week over him.

I was charmed for a while by his attacking qualities.

He has shown that he is quick and can whip in a superb ball, with very little effort.

But lately he has shown that he is spineless, it could well be that he doesn't feel like anyone has his back.

The Scottish league is brutal and maybe he just isn't used to such aggressive football.

I've said this for a while now, we need two or three experienced SPFL hammer throwers in the squad, then maybe the take no shit attitude will rub off on the rest.

I thought he looked a very decent player when he first arrived but his confidence looks shot to pieces. We've played a massive amount of big pressure games this season maybe they have taken their toll on him.

Yet I'm still waiting for examples of him being costing goals, getting skint constantly etc.

He's been nowhere as bad as made out. Did we expect more from him, of course we did. Has he been as chronic and absolutely howling like full backs of Smith, Hodson and Foster, that greek boy, no he hasn't.

Away at Aberdeen when we won 4-2, he was terrible. Lost possession cheaply that led to us conceding 1st goal. Then got torn inside out from Greg Stewart the entire second half to the point we got lucky not to concede through it. Didn’t seem to have the brains to work out Stewart is left footed.

Halliday offers more to us on current form.

Agreed.

I also think Barisic has put on weight.

Maybe just think that because the flying wing back from the early season now looks like he’s pulling a tractor behind him

Last edited:
Away at Aberdeen when we won 4-2, he was terrible. Lost possession cheaply that led to us conceding 1st goal. Then got torn inside out from Greg Stewart the entire second half to the point we got lucky not to concede through it. Didn’t seem to have the brains to work out Stewart is left footed.

That's been mentioned, one game he had a bad game. The way people are acting is kike he's performed like that every week.

I thought he looked a very decent player when he first arrived but his confidence looks shot to pieces. We've played a massive amount of big pressure games this season maybe they have taken their toll on him.

By that logic, he's not for us cause we need to be playing regular big pressure games and winning most of them.

I got a 4 day ban for calling him a shitebag last week after some Jessie Biscuit on here reported me. Seems I wasn’t far wrong, there’s definitely something lacking with the guy’s confidence.

i should add, aberdeen sent every punt, cross and attack down our left side targeting barisic and it worked, what gets me more annoyed than barisic's feeble performance is why our manager done nothing to counter this.

Correct. The old guy next to me even said “ and I thought Declan John was bad in the air.”

When Barasic played for Osijek against us I thought he was a standout and commented (along with many others) that he would be a great signing. As a defender he looked far more assured than any of the Rangers fullbacks. Why is it then that his current form is so disappointing? We could say the same about Katic and Grezda both of whom can't even get a start in a rather ordinary Rangers team.

I do not necessarily believe that the trio are bad players, but something clearly isn't right. Is it the coaching, the tactics Gerrard is employing, is it pace and physicality of Scottish football, the pressure and expectations that go with playing for Rangers, or is it a combination of all of the aforementioned? I don't really know. All I do know is that the failure of Borasic, Katic, and Grezda to make an impact has been one of the reasons for Rangers disappointing season.

Wouldn't want to be in the trenches with him that's for sure.

Was he at fault for the 2nd goal? There seemed to a lot of space down the left side.

He hasn't actually done that bad defensively, I can't really remember him having a horrid team or thinking he's getting rinsed everytime a winger got near him. I just expected a hard hitting no nonsense Croatian.

I've not seen it again since at the game but he was on the right side of the six yard box when it went in and Worrall was going through him.

He's like a lost wee boy in all honesty. Questions about his bottle after not making the grade at his previous move from Osijek?

By that logic, he's not for us cause we need to be playing regular big pressure games and winning most of them.
Yes but if we can get him to gain his confidence we could have a decent footballer in our team. I mean you don't get capped for Croatia and not have ability.

I don’t get it with this guy.

The glimpses we saw of him for Osijek and his initial stint in the side he looked like a real unit, good stamina to bomb up and down the flank with a real mean delivery on him.

Now he’s ducking out of challenges, constantly looks like me after 10 minutes of 5’s and just looks uninterested frankly.

What happened in those 6-ish months?

What’s happened is he looked fantastic up against Tav when he was against us. Now, he looks average against teams who sit deep, don’t give him that space and are generally better defensively. As others have said, the guy is a shitebag.

A lot of nonsense being spoken here about Barasic.
He was okayish last night and there were a good few other players with more questions to answer than our left back.
One thing that we don't do with this player, is get him on enough dead balls.
As for the physical side of the game, I suspect he is still getting used to the way teams are allowed to kick fck out of Rangers players
This doesn't happen in other leagues, referees take control of matches and apply the rules evenly.

I've not seen it again since at the game but he was on the right side of the six yard box when it went in and Worrall was going through him.

He's like a lost wee boy in all honesty. Questions about his bottle after not making the grade at his previous move from Osijek?

He was the final part of a 3 man howler for the 2nd goal. Kamara got bullied from the long ball, Jack bottled the tackle then Barisic let the scorer get the run on him.

What’s happened is he looked fantastic up against Tav when he was against us. Now, he looks average against teams who sit deep, don’t give him that space and are generally better defensively. As others have said, the guy is a shitebag.

But as I said in my post he initially looked very good for us also, I wasn’t just basing that on a couple of games for Osijek.

But as I said in my post he initially looked very good for us also, I wasn’t just basing that on a couple of games for Osijek.

He hadn’t learnt our shitebag/loser mentality at that point. He’s mastered it now though.

Hopefully punt in the summer should make profit based on the fact he is a Croatia international

You're correct. He was just bang average. I get that people expected more, I did, but some of the stuff said about him is laughable. You'd think he was that greek boy we had level of player.

What people forget is that he was playing against us - we should have signed the guy that played for Lincoln Imps (Gib team) at least he scored v the mentally challengeds.

They have decent reputations and are both young internationals .

This isn’t a big deal - we can sell them on and get at least our money back .

What is this pish? How long have you been on FF? Don't you know selling assets is not the way we do things - we should CUT OUR LOSSES and PAY THEM OFF.

Get him on the dead balls, he's no fucking chance with Tevernier taking almost everything and last night his dead ball efforst were a total disgrace

Doesn’t help the fact every time he makes a good run he’s always ignored no wonder the guys shot of confidence, reason we seen what we did in the Villarreal game in Spain etc is because his overlapping runs were noticed

Not the worst by a long distance, but a favourite target on here, along with Grezda who has been injured.

He does seem to be lacking in confidence. I'd give him another season and give him the chance to settle in.

There'll be bigger gaps to fill in the team come the summer.

Popped into this thread and you’d think he was the reason we lost last night

Granted he’s not been the same player since he arrived but I’m willing to give him another pre season to get fit and go again next season. He’s been nowhere near as bad as made out and at the same time he’s not been as good as he was when he joined and was firing up and down the left hand side whipping crosses into the box

This place really is horrendous after a defeat and full of the types that just shout constant abuse at players in the stands

Nowhere near our worst performer the other night, actually did some things which were quite promising in the 1st half, but as usual follow follow has found its scapegoat and he'll get slated after every game we fail to win no matter how he performs.

Popped into this thread and you’d think he was the reason we lost last night

Granted he’s not been the same player since he arrived but I’m willing to give him another pre season to get fit and go again next season. He’s been nowhere near as bad as made out and at the same time he’s not been as good as he was when he joined and was firing up and down the left hand side whipping crosses into the box

This place really is horrendous after a defeat and full of the types that just shout constant abuse at players in the stands

If the players are shite and no producing do they deserve praise?

Rangers players are backed by some of the best support on the planet. The fans do our bit. The players don’t reciprocate that

If the players are shite and no producing do they deserve praise?

Rangers players are backed by some of the best support on the planet. The fans do our bit. The players don’t reciprocate that

The fans do our bit? Our away fans certainly

Our home fans do nothing but moan and groan

Seem to remember a hell of a lot of people on here saying what a wonder player he was and how much we missed him when he was out of the team to be honest I can’t understand why Halliday isn’t playing in the team either at lb or midfield in games like Aberdeen or The scum he’s a leader maybe the only one we have you would think Tuesday,s game was Taylor made for him but I do think Barisic will come good stop start season for him

Yes but if we can get him to gain his confidence we could have a decent footballer in our team. I mean you don't get capped for Croatia and not have ability.

Hope so mate. Hes certainly got the ability.

He genuinely wasn't the worst tonight. I counted at least 3 occasions where he made a good overlapping run and Kent / Kamara completely ignored him.

I wish he'd drive forward more himself though because he's got a wand of a left foot.

I agree mate

I thought he was one of our better players in the first half

He also seems to have a bit more bite in his tackles

After Tuesday, Halliday is our number one left back. Looked like a warrior for Osijek but the heart of a mouse in a Rangers jersey.

Barisic is the latest whipping boy. The whole team was poor on Tuesday and Barisic was far from the worst culprit - he also wasn't helped by Kent ignoring him virtually every time he went on the overlap. On the odd occasion he got the ball his crossing was better than anyone else was offering (granted not a high bar).

Halliday was worse on Friday than he was on Tuesday, but Halliday's everyone's favourite at the moment so he gets off with much less grief.

I expect more from a Croatian internationalist than we've seen so far from Barisic, but maybe if we give him our support he'll get back to the form that made us sign him and the form he showed before his injury earlier in the season? Or we could just call him shite and stick a poor midfielder in there instead

An excellent point was made earlier in the thread that his spell at Dinamo Zagreb ended up with him swiftly farmed out to their feeder team before being punted back to Osijek.

Ability? Not in question, you don't end up playing for Croatia by being hopeless however you have to wonder if he has the mental toughness to cope with playing for a team that expects to win every game. He certainly looks stunned by the amount of, to use an old-fashioned Scottish term, outright hacking that goes on here most of it unpunished.

I think a lot of us realise that he certainly seems to have ability, especially his delivery but the point I was making at the start of the thread was his lack of heart and looking like the jerseys just too big for him. Ability alone gets you only so far but to play for a club like ours you really need the balls and the self belief to stand up to the challenge. Sadly I don’t think he has it.

Body language and psychology experts out in force!
Was he our worst player the other night? Was he f*ck!
It’s SG’s job to get the best out of him, the team looks broken at the moment, lets not chuck the boy yet

Back