Barca 72

BunkMoreland

Official Ticketer
Did any posters go to the best day in our clubs history? If so, do you have any memorabilia related to this?

Coming up for the 50 years anniversary and surely the proposed museum will feature this.
Would love to see a selection of these.

Side point, I can never get over how few fans were there. I’m aware it’s a different era and travelling wasn’t as simple.

It was my first time flying and the 2nd greatest Sash Bash I ever experienced, was on the flight going over.

Bought a morning paper in lloret, its in the loft somewhere.
dont know where the trumpet, later to be called a vuvuswella went.
naw a cannie spell vuvusella, lols

A crowd of us went ,travelled down to Luton some in a car ,the rest on a train.
7 nights full board in Callela £36 for the week.
Including flight.
Have nothing left but memories, mostly good ones.
There was a core of seven of us but many more of our mates met up with us over there & four of us still sit together at Ibrox.
We are all retired now but for the 50th anniversary we are all heading back to Callela & Barcelona, looking forward to it.

Was in a party of six and stayed in callela. Due to flight delays we arrived at the hotel late. Three of us went to kip and the others stayed up. Got up in the morning to find out that they were in jail as the cops had arrived at the hotel and just lifted the first bears they could see. They were eventually released before the game after being told they had been found guilty and fined although no one took any money. The cell they had to stay in was foul and we could pass water and food through a wee window on the street. The game was great although marred by not seeing the trophy presented. On the return you could feel the vibrations from noise at the airport as we approached. Inside was magical pandemonium. As we went to check in for our flight the check in girl gave us a good look over then said as we were sober we were being put on the next flight out. Being sober was only relative to the state of some of the others as the flight back was a lot of fun.

Was in a party of six and stayed in callela. Due to flight delays we arrived at the hotel late. Three of us went to kip and the others stayed up. Got up in the morning to find out that they were in jail as the cops had arrived at the hotel and just lifted the first bears they could see. They were eventually released before the game after being told they had been found guilty and fined although no one took any money. The cell they had to stay in was foul and we could pass water and food through a wee window on the street. The game was great although marred by not seeing the trophy presented. On the return you could feel the vibrations from noise at the airport as we approached. Inside was magical pandemonium. As we went to check in for our flight the check in girl gave us a good look over then said as we were sober we were being put on the next flight out. Being sober was only relative to the state of some of the others as the flight back was a lot of fun.

...............................our flight back, was THE GREATEST ever Sash Bash, I ever experienced LOL.

Back