Barca - 82% possession and still lost

It could have been way more than 2-1 Cadiz

Lenglet is a absolute bombscare

Playing pretty much how you’d expect them to play under Koeman. They are shocking, safe to say Messi will be penning a pre-contract with someone else in January.

Weren't they about 80% possesion when the scum beat them 1-0? Tony Watt the scorer I think?/

It’s all well and good having 80% possession, but it means fu*k all when you give up 7 shots, concede two goals and lose the game.

I wouldn't laugh, we have all seen the same movie.
Thankfully Steven Gerrard having watched it enough himself has hopefully found the antidote.

As crazy as it sounds, I think they need to sell Messi and start again

Only one stat that counts.! We must have had similar stats v Hamilton last year. I think we had over twenty shots that night and couldn't score. They had one due to our howler and won the game. It truly is a funny old game.

It’s all well and good having 80% possession, but it means fu*k all when you give up 7 shots, concede two goals and lose the game.

Not seen the game but that’s the bit that stands out for me, looks like every time Cadiz got the ball they got through and got a shot away

Possession is useless unless you’re doing something with it.

Barca are far too passive currently.

They began losing their way when Neymar left.

As good a player as we know he can be, Griezzman has done nothing in a Barcelona shirt to justify his signing.

Burnley beat Liverpool 2-0 in 2016 and Liverpool had 81% possession. As has been said need to make the possession count.

Playing pretty much how you’d expect them to play under Koeman. They are shocking, safe to say Messi will be penning a pre-contract with someone else in January.

He's coming up 34. He looks slow and sluggish. Signing him on anymore than a one year deal is absolute madness.

I'v worshipped the guy for 15 years but it's close to being over.

He's coming up 34. He looks slow and sluggish. Signing him on anymore than a one year deal is absolute madness.

I'v worshipped the guy for 15 years but it's close to being over.
I agree. The one thing I don’t get is why Koeman’s keeping him so far from goal. Makes no sense to me given he still looks a bigger threat than the rest on rare occasions when he gets the ball in and around the area.

I agree. The one thing I don’t get is why Koeman’s keeping him so far from goal. Makes no sense to me given he still looks a bigger threat than the rest on rare occasions when he gets the ball in and around the area.

His starting point was always the halfway line on the right wing. He cuts in and a couple of one two's later it's in the back of the net. I don't think he has the strength or energy for this any more.

Even Ronaldo who is much more of an athlete is kind of loitering with intent. They are all making so much money that none will give in to it but only centre backs and keepers go close to 40.

In all fairness it's exactly what the Cadiz manager said before the game. He said they weren't going to have much possession but plan to defend well and hit them very aggressively on the break - that's exactly what they did.

That said, was a bit of a howler for the 2nd goal by Ter Stegan.

It could have been way more than 2-1 Cadiz

Lenglet is a absolute bombscare

Ajax have an incredible knack of selling their players at the right time. Look at what happened to Kasper Dolberg when they didn't sell him after the Europa League final, he hasn't hit the heights he should have.

For the footballer hipsters out xG was the following:

Cadiz - 2.03
Barcelona - 1.94

A pretty fair result based on quality of chances. Shows you how wasteful Barca were.

Messi was still far and away their most creative player. However Koeman seems to be making it more about the team than Messi. He is still their best player by a long way, despite the fact his pace is going. Get him playing closer to goal and I think you’d see a massive difference.

They also need to sort their defence out. Cadiz broke through 2 v 2 about 5 times.

Back