Barcelona (2) v Bayern Munich (8)

I’ve no real love for any of the so called ‘elite’ teams, but I love it when one of them takes a hammering.

I want to see Bayern destroying City this badly.

If you're my age then Barcelona (and one or two of these players) were the best team in the world. It's quite to think of it as the end of that era but McManaman just said it's looking like what it is. The earlier post about how much money they've spent on some of these duds as well is staggering. Especially when you're coming out of your greatest ever era by investing and reaping the rewards of La Masia.

This is quality entertainment :))

I’ve never seen a “top” side giving up so many chances from misplaced passes and a refusal or clear their lines, not this many times.

Barca are coming to the end of their cycle but they’ll take years and years to get back to their glory days.

Goretska is the centre midfielder we are looking for. And I heard he's a bear and drinks in the Black Bull Cambuslang

Go on Bayern i hate Barca they have bored the tits off me for years. Good to see them getting pumped.
Liverpool last year Bayern this year.
They seem to have stagnated and not evolved their style.
New ideas required but %^*& them.

This is the end of a football era tonight for Barcelona, Messi has to leave or he is finished as a top player but if he leaves Barcelona are finished, for the foreseeable, as a top side.

If you're my age then Barcelona (and one or two of these players) were the best team in the world. It's quite to think of it as the end of that era but McManaman just said it's looking like what it is. The earlier post about how much money they've spent on some of these duds as well is staggering. Especially when you're coming out of your greatest ever era by investing and reaping the rewards of La Masia.

They could spend another 500 million and they'll never replace the once in a lifetime midfield of Xavi and Iniesta.

Bayern are all over them. I love that they're not killing the game but going for more

If Rangers were 4-1 up and the other team scored there's that tiny part of you thinking that they might be getting back into this. Obviously 9 times out of 10 they won't but Bayern didn't look fazed by it in the slightest.

I’ve no real love for any of the so called ‘elite’ teams, but I love it when one of them takes a hammering.

As above the thing I always preferred about Barcelona was the emphasis they placed on youth team players and seeing them win things with 5 or 6 youth products was great in response to the Galacticos or oil money clubs. Now they've got Roberto and Vidal stinking out the midfield here alongside Pique and Busquets who look a bit past it on this showing.

As above the thing I always preferred about Barcelona was the emphasis they placed on youth team players and seeing them win things with 5 or 6 youth products was great in response to the Galacticos or oil money clubs. Now they've got Roberto and Vidal stinking out the midfield here alongside Pique and Busquets who look a bit past it on this showing.

I think it illustrates the limited pool of 'world class' players out there. Barcelona have wasted a lot of money and failed to develop a team.

Messi will have some thinking to do.

Thing is they’re mostly not really duds. Griezmann could hardly be called a dud. But he clearly doesn’t fit. Club’s gone from having the clearest footballing identity of any to being an expensively assembled mess in the space of a few years.

How many times are Barca going to surrender possession playing out from their keeper ?

It’s hilarious

If Rangers were 4-1 up and the other team scored there's that tiny part of you thinking that they might be getting back into this. Obviously 9 times out of 10 they won't but Bayern didn't look fazed by it in the slightest.

I think that was a one off, Messi, Busquets, Xavi and Iniesta. Puyol, Valdes? It’s not a conveyer belt, it’s just a golden age

I think that was a one off, Messi, Busquets, Xavi and Iniesta. Puyol, Valdes? It’s not a conveyer belt, it’s just a golden age

Perhaps then you could say their academy is world-class and their scouting and recruitment is (relatively) abysmal.

Back