Barcelona (2) v Bayern Munich (8)

The thing that struck me the most about Barca was that no one looked like they were that bothered.

It is a football fans league like no other at the minute.
Even when I've been to run of the mill mid table league games I've always enjoyed them. Contrast that with England and for the most part I sit watching them thinking rangers would destroy them

We've seen a Bayern team dominate like never before, a scarily efficient exhibition of total ruthlessness, even allowing for Barcelona's weaknesses. There's no team left who can match them, they're stick-on favourites. And they're the only independent club left in the competition.

The thing that struck me the most about Barca was that no one looked like they were that bothered.

They looked dumbfounded.

Plus Suarez looked gutted at the end in particular and some subs were punching/kicking chairs.

The commentator said they've shown more fight there than the ones on the park.

Last edited:
Always thought this game has the potential to be a hammering in favour of Bayern.

They are an unbelievable football team and, for me, easily the best side in the world at the moment.

It's just as well for Barca that this was a one-off game. Puts them out of their misery. The overall aggregate score would have been ridiculous if it had been played over 2 legs.

Reminds me of us vs Eintracht Frankfurt (4-12 on aggregate). We asked ourselves who could live against that side.

Next round they were destroyed 7-3. I look forward to the semis.

Bayern really are a joy to watch.

As for Barca - they need to regroup and fast. Lost their La Liga crown to their arch rivals and now humiliated in the CL. They need to go out and make a big, bold signing or two. But who?

Gotta laugh at Coutinho pretending to be gutted when he scored those goals. That guy will be f**king delighted to ram it into Barca.

Barcelona’s biggest problems tonight started through the suicidal kick outs of (the usually top notch) Ter-Stegen, then through the horrific defending of Lenglet and Semedo. In fairness u cannot blame all 8 goals on those 3, but by 5 Barca bad definitely chucked it.

Bayern have the worlds best striker (Lewandowski) and the most underrated player on the planet (Müller) pulling the strings up front for them.

Just love the Bayern style of play. They're a joy to watch the way they just pour forward and always seem to find a player in space.

Pleased they got one over Barca tonight whose often pedestrian, sideways-passing approach I personally find pretty tedious at times.

Wish more people treated them with the respect they deserve after the pumping they meted out to Spurs earlier on this season which was one of the best games I've seen for a long, long time.

Would be worthy champions Bayern and would rather they did it than City. Sick of listening to various pundits jabbering on about how it's supposedly 'City's year' since the start of the season as well.
City have no chance of beating Bayern, if they get past Lyon.

Barcelona never really replaced Puyol. Lenglet is just not good enough at that level of football. Worrying signs for them you have an ageing team and a mix of players that dont look too interested. Only players that seemed to try were Suarez, Fati and Vidal. Could they be the next fallen potential fallen giant like Milan?. Messi undoubtedly the greatest but can't be above criticism tonight looked as if he couldn't care less all game. Never tried to get the ball back once.

As for Bayern tremendous all over the park. Especially Kimmich and Davies yet to see either of them have a bad game.

I wonder if the Spanish media will emulate their Scottish counterparts with old “To be fair, Bayern can do that to any team” excuse.

Not too hard to predict and Pep always seems to struggle against his former teams.

Bayern look way too strong this season.

Although it is a one off game and strange things can happen.

Ferdinand kept saying last night "If I were Kevin De Bruyne or Raheem Sterling I'd be rubbing my hands at facing that Bayern defence"

Mate, Lewandowski and Co just put 15 past Barcelona and Chelsea. Imagine what they could do to City's back four ?

Watched a football show on espn, two proper football reporters, the rotund Italian one who's name escapes me and a French guy, both of them called this result saying if Barca play the way they normally play, ie flecking around at the back, then Bayern who play the best high press in Europe with their sweeper keeper would destroy them, obviously they didn't get the score right but there analysis was spot on, guys name was Gabriel Marcotti

Back