Barca or Bayern?

• Barca

Votes: 122 85.9%
  • Bayern

Votes: 20 14.1%

• Total voters

ssblue

The better team?

La Liga and CL winners with a much admired brand of football under Pep where opponents could hardly get a touch.

Hammered a very good Real team 5 nil with virtually the whole Madrid team booked as they chased shadows.

31 games unbeaten in La Liga.

Season culminated in taking Man U apart at Wembley.

Or

Bayern with 21 wins in a row in all comps.

Took 10 off Spurs in 2 games, 7 off Chelsea in 2 games and 8 in a single game against Barca.

Bundesliga and CL champs playing all out attacking football.

100 Bundesliga goals after a poor start (7th in the table after 14 games)

Last edited:
I think Bayern’s team is the most complete XI. Defensively much better but that Barca side would probably win the game. :)

Barcelona did it over a sustained period of time and for me are the second best club side I've ever seen (behind the Milan team of the late 80s).

This Bayern team is only just hitting its stride imo, it'd be interesting to see this poll next season

I watched the 10/11 CL final back then other day, it was actually cathartic watching Messi, Xavi and Iniesta playing triangles the whole game. They weren’t punching the ball at each other, it was slick one-two touch passes.

It was ridiculous, totally glued to the screen. Such easier times, I was 8-11 during the Barca dominance, I’d never seen anything like it and honestly don’t think I will again.

I don’t know if theres as much in it as the poll suggests to be honest. But I’d say Barca because that style played with that ruthlessness at that level isn’t really something that’s been replicated elsewhere. The other reason I’m giving them the nod is I think other teams in Europe were stronger around then.

That being said, the current Bayern side looks like it could be on par with the Heynckes side that took everyone apart.

Silly question to be honest, it's obviously that Barcelona team.

Still wanks though.

The same team finished 9 points behind Real the following season.

11/12 was a ridiculous season with Messi and CR7 scoring 96 league goals between them.
The quality of team in Germany and Spain as well! I would say there’s more quality over all in Germany but then again even that’s up for debate.

the sad thing is that this current Bayern team can’t be judged because of the current climate!

Plus I lost count of how many subs were made tonight so that means I voted barca

If I was picking my greatest team of all time 3 of my back 4 were in that Milan team.
Definitely 2 of mine would be from that side. I actually think it's easy to forget just how good that team was. As well as the number of world class Italians there were the three outstanding Dutchmen. A fantastic side when Italian football was the place for the top players to be.

Definitely 2 of mine would be from that side. I actually think it's easy to forget just how good that team was. As well as the number of world class Italians there were the three outstanding Dutchmen. A fantastic side when Italian football was the place for the top players to be.

Been reading the threads on Ronaldo this week. MVB is still the best CF I have ever seen.

Honestly, Bayern.

Barca had a better collection of players, but I don't think that tiki taka style of football holds up against a team that presses as brilliantly and counters as quickly as that Bayern side do. There's a reason Pep has had to evolve from it.

Barca, I thought Xavi was the best player in the world at the time, others thought both Messi and Iniesta were better and they were all in the same team.

Only time will tell ultimately, but this Bayern team looks like it's got everything to cement their dominance unlike the Barca team, regards consecutive CL triumphs.

Out of that poll I’d probably choose Barca but the Bayern side of 12/13 were better than both. That side defeated the Xavi/Iniesta Barca 7-0 on aggregate before beating Dortmund in the final.

They were a fantastic side that season.

I've always loved Dortmund because of Klos, and that was just about the most broken I've ever been in a non Rangers involved game. Lewandowski slaughtering real madrid, if it wasn't fucking Bayern in the final they'd have won it again, no doubt.

I’m honestly not sure how that Barca team would deal with a modern day Bayern or even Liverpool.

Unlike back then, they’d have zero fear factor.

Poll results surprises me.

Obviously wouldn't have put it up otherwise. :D

I think some are underrating just how good this Bayern team are.

Back