Barcelona confirm Luis Suarez exit

Thought he was away to Italy
even did the fake exam
He was, but early indication was he wouldn't get the Italian passport and he couldn't risk waiting to see. If he didn't get it, Juve couldn't use him in Serie A or Europe as already have their non eu players filled.

Barcelona have been run shambolically over recent years

Essentially releasing a now pissed off Luis Suarez to domestic rivals is absolutely mental

I'd imagine this'll obviously come back to bite them, pun intended

£3m? Is he shite now?

I’ve not seen him play for a long time, but that sounds like an absolute bargain to me.

Lost a good yard of pace from what I seen last year and looked heavy.

If they get him fitter he will do well.

If Suarez is over his injury problems from last season, it's a great signing. Morata about to leave and rumours that Diego Costa will go as well so can see them trying to get another forward in. See the mention of Cavani further up the page, would make sense but signing two 33 year olds is a risk.

Phenomenal player in his prime.

My favourite goal of his was this effort against PSG. One on one with the keeper and he decides to bend it into the top bin. Ridiculous finish.

Great player, never been blisteringly quick and they’ll probably get a good couple of years out of him.

Weird state of affairs at Barca just now though.

If Suarez is over his injury problems from last season, it's a great signing. Morata about to leave and rumours that Diego Costa will go as well so can see them trying to get another forward in. See the mention of Cavani further up the page, would make sense but signing two 33 year olds is a risk.

Their dads played together funnily enough.

Now watch Atletico compete for the league title meanwhile Barca struggle to put a half decent team together. It's basically Messi and Ter Stegen plus a bunch of past it losers.

Simeone and Suarez teaming up. What could possibly go wrong.

Great signing for Atletico and I think Suarez will love the underdog challenge that they have with both Barca and Madrid.

I bet Simeone wishes he had his team from few year back up against these two as there would only have been one winner.

2 goals on debut.

Make no mistake Barça have made another arse of this one, particularly as they have no replacement lined up. Griezmann will likely play centrally, which will suit him more, but sure Suarez would’ve still done a job.

Back