Barcelona facing insolvency?

One can only assume, Espanol fans are starting blogs, phoning in to radio Besos and demanding titles are stripped, as we speak?

Probably not, eh? In all seriousness though, why didn't they sell Messi? He isn't leading them back to the glory days at this stage of his career, and he could easily have brought in €200M+

Spanish banks and government will sort them out.
Much to the anger of others like Valencia etc.

Would be funny though, the basque terrorist supporters going cap in hand to Madrid!!
It's like our very own mentally challengeds taking government benefits!!
Exactly. Wonder if the Catalan sympathising snp mentally challengeds in the east end will refer to them as deid/new club if they do go into insolvency?

they may even run an advert in Greek in a local Portuguese newspaper B-)

I think the normal way of Barcelona or Madrid sorting out their financial problems is for the local government to buy a bit of scrap land from them for €300m.

Some of the money they have spent in recent years have been utterly comical.

Coutinho for £150m only for him to be loaned to Bayern and end up coming back to haunt them.

Now I don't know if I'm off the mark here but I find the whole Las Masia thing a bit over rated. They had their massive breakthrough of players almost 15 years ago and it's been really poor since then, Ansu Fati aside.

I remember seeing a stat that it was something like a decade since someone came through the academy and won the league since Busquets I think it was.

Some of the money they have spent in recent years have been utterly comical.

Coutinho for £150m only for him to be loaned to Bayern and end up coming back to haunt them.

Now I don't know if I'm off the mark here but I find the whole Las Masia thing a bit over rated. They had their massive breakthrough of players almost 15 years ago and it's been really poor since then, Ansu Fati aside.

I remember seeing a stat that it was something like a decade since someone came through the academy and won the league since Busquets I think it was.

If no other player came through from there after that team from 15 years ago you would still not be able to call it over rated

They are arguably the greatest side to ever play the game and a good percentage of them came through from the youth team

For the good of the game, football could be doing with a reset.

Legislate to ensure that clubs pay down debt and live within their means, not ownership no your stadium should also carry a tariff.

If no other player came through from there after that team from 15 years ago you would still not be able to call it over rated

They are arguably the greatest side to ever play the game and a good percentage of them came through from the youth team

I get that, I mean people talk about it like it's constantly providing amazing talents when in reality they haven't really. It's provided that one amazing team and then nothing really that has broke into that the Barca team.

Would Ronald Newkoeman stick around? B-D

Paying hundred of millions in fees and wages for dud players was always going to land them in bother eventually. They’ve been run by absolute shysters from the minute Joan Laporta left and Sandra Rossell took over. A club who should have been set up for decades with what Guardiola left them but instead became a club with zero strategy or identity.

They will assets to bail them out. De Jong, busquets, alba, fati. Only issue is messi on a free unless he signs a new deal to obtain them some money.

Think of the face painter etc...
Barcelona won't suffer the fate of Rangers.

They may not be liked in some other parts of Spain, but it isn't the same politically motivated hatred that exists in Scotland for Rangers, certainly not since the demise of Franco and his authoritarian ideological poison.
Barcelona will be seen as a valuable asset to the cultural well being of a nation and will be given every opportunity to continue contributing to the morale of an entire nation's mental health.

Only in Scotland do you find the twisted screwed up face of 19th Century Terrorist influenced SNP establishment hatred.

Dear readers, should we really not wait on Phil’s take on this before we get our knickers in a twist. I mean, he has friends in the city.

Anybody that been across to the stadium for the tour, you will know how much they are missing that revenue side of it. Same with Madrid. Times I have been to both, full of tourists and spending a fortune in the shops.

I think the normal way of Barcelona or Madrid sorting out their financial problems is for the local government to buy a bit of scrap land from them for €300m.
That happened with Madrid, has it happened with Barca in the past too?

Over to you fifa.A club like no other they say.Operating at that amount of debt yet allowed to continue to buy players?Something fishy and it ain’t my lunch either.

Don’t get why folk associate Barca with SNP and the Nationalists of Scotland. Completely different context and reasoning behind them in comparison to folk wanting independence here.

Would be great to see. Such an inherently unlikeable club. Seem to think they are above everyone else and occupy that same sanctimonious, holier than thou perch as the bheggars lay claim to back home

This patter is absolutely rotten.

Comparing teams in other countries to Celtic is primary school patter.

If you want to talk about establishment clubs though, didn't the King of Spain bail Real Madrid out a few times?

Barca are an embarrassment of a club in the last few years. Shambles from top to bottom. Selling Neymar was the catalyst for it - they spent a fortune on duds trying to replace him. Not only that, but their recent transfer dealings are bizarre as well. Swapping Arthur for an old Pjanic. Letting Suarez go to a direct rival and 'replacing' him with Braithwaite.

Barcelona won't suffer the fate of Rangers.

They may not be liked in some other parts of Spain, but it isn't the same politically motivated hatred that exists in Scotland for Rangers, certainly not since the demise of Franco and his authoritarian ideological poison.
Barcelona will be seen as a valuable asset to the cultural well being of a nation and will be given every opportunity to continue contributing to the morale of an entire nation's mental health.

Only in Scotland do you find the twisted screwed up face of 19th Century Terrorist influenced SNP establishment hatred.
Spot on Bilko

Back in the day of financial umbrellas from the state, Spanish football was deemed so essential that they got massive tax delays et from the Spanish government, who slipped under the European umbrella a fortnight later. Or something to that content. The tax debt etc of the first tier was close to a billion, IIRC. Yet, for UEFA et al there was nothing to see ... while over in Britain HMRC chased us from pillar to post and spent millions to receive a fraction of any debt.

Apropros, has anyone actually a figure of the money spent by HMRC to chase us through the courts and what they will probably receive? And whether they used us as a sample to chase others?

Spanish banks and government will sort them out.
Much to the anger of others like Valencia etc.

Would be funny though, the basque terrorist supporters going cap in hand to Madrid!!
It's like our very own mentally challengeds taking government benefits!!

Barcelona fans support Basque terrorists?

The Celtic of Spain.....it would be nice double for them and Celtic to go down the pan in the same year!

Again, rotten patter.

As bad as threads on here where people feel the need to shoehorn Celtic / Brown / Lennon into any conversation.

Elite football has been a disgrace financially for last 5-10 years. It’s unsustainable long term. The transfer fees and wages paid to these numpties for kicking a ball about is morally not right. Football is getting further away from the common fan. At least up here it is still reasonably affordable.

The Celtic of Spain.....it would be nice double for them and Celtic to go down the pan in the same year!
Explain why Barcelona are the Celtic of Spain. This is just nonsense from you. In 1972 the people of Barcelona went to the aid of many Rangers fans after we were battered by Franco's thugs, for that reason that will always have my respect. The club is every bit as important to those people as Rangers are to all of us, I personally hope they overcome these difficult times for them.

Would it be allowed to happen?

I have read in the past that Real Madrid have been bailed out by the Spanish government more than once to avoid going into financial freefall.

How can you force Messi to stay when he earns 26m per year basic ?

They should be wound up for the ridiculous money they have paid for absolute dross when they don't have a pot to piss in.

Explain why Barcelona are the Celtic of Spain. This is just nonsense from you. In 1972 the people of Barcelona went to the aid of many Rangers fans after we were battered by Franco's thugs, for that reason that will always have my respect. The club is every bit as important to those people as Rangers are to all of us, I personally hope they overcome these difficult times for them.
They have been funded by the Catalonian state system for years to the detriment of Espanyol who share the same city....they are also left wing separatists by nature who have helped fuel the illegal Independence claims and demonstrations. I have no time for them whatsoever!!!

End of an era comes for every dynasty. Always thought they underachieved at CL level after about 2012, could have kicked on but Real did instead.

They have been funded by the Catalonian state system for years to the detriment of Espanyol who share the same city....they are also left wing separatists by nature who have helped fuel the illegal Independence claims and demonstrations. I have no time for them whatsoever!!!
They're a football club that have given a lot of pleasure to many football fans, That's all I'm interested in where they're concerned, the political situation is not my concern, that's the Catalonia people's concern.

Back