Barcelona have been granted special permission to make an emergency signing

It's a Spanish league rule.

Injury needs to be reviewed by am independent panel.

There is also criteria around the signing ( must be from within spain I believe).
That being the case then they are doing nothing against the rules albeit on the surface, it does not look very fair. A very tight league this year in Spain and look forward attending the Espanyol v Alaves game in March when I am visiting the city.

Obviously Espanyol is not winning much this year though.

Firstly, I think the fact Barcelona are using this option is utterly embarrassing for a club like them - they absolutely cannot be seriously saying they cannot cope with some injuries.

The fact they are now looking to activate a release clause for a player from a team who are battling relegation is pretty low to be honest.

So, they're not looking to %^*& up another team because they are kidding on they another player after the transfer window.

Never did like Barcelona but like them a little less still.

Barcelona are an utter disgrace. They’ve triggered Braithwaite’s release clause, Leganes have no option but to accept, and now they’ll be left without their main striker with no opportunity to sign someone else.

What an utterly fucked up system. Barca should be totally ashamed.

It's a Spanish league rule.

Injury needs to be reviewed by am independent panel.

There is also criteria around the signing ( must be from within spain I believe).

Even that is bizarre - they could be making an opponent weaker by signing their player.

When was Dembele injured? Didn't they have time to make a signing in January?

Read an article at the weekend about the Getafe manager and they said in that article that Barcelona might be after Rodriguez.

It doesn't seem fair that the club they're buying from can't get a replacement but it's also not Barca's fault the rules are in place.

Still seems a bit mad they'd rather sign a jobber like Braithwaite instead of using an academy product although I know they loaned a few players out.

That’s a joke! With the endless resources teams like Barca have, if they have insufficient squad depth then it’s on their heads for poor recruitment/squad management strategies.

Can’t blame them for using it but what a stupid rule. Keepers only imo
You absolutely can blame them for using it - pathetic for a club like Barcelona to be using such a pitiful excuse. To cause a problem for a much smaller team who can't even stop it is even worse. Barcelona just look like a right shower of shit out of it.

Must be Spanish based or a free agent.

Assume they won’t be eligible in Europe?

It's a bit ok a joke that rule. I read that Leganes can't even replace him. What's the chances he doesn't even play much at Barca!

They knew Suarez was injured in January and didn't sign adequate cover so surely they should have been left to persevere with the squad they have? Barcelona always seem to carry favour with both La Liga & UEFA.

So say they buy someone from athletico Madrid, then because they just sold their player They have no replacement

What would happen then? It's athletico allowed to go buy a replacement aswell?

You absolutely can blame them for using it - pathetic for a club like Barcelona to be using such a pitiful excuse. To cause a problem for a much smaller team who can't even stop it is even worse. Barcelona just look like a right shower of shit out of it.

Yeah you’d never see the angels that are Real Madrid working the system or using underhand tactics or just generally doing anything that might negatively impact on another club :D

As someone else said, it’s not their fault the rule is in place and it’s not their responsibility to look after any club but their own. That being said it’s an absolute shocker of a rule, I don’t know what the FA were thinking when they green lit that.

They knew Suarez was injured in January and didn't sign adequate cover so surely they should have been left to persevere with the squad they have? Barcelona always seem to carry favour with both La Liga & UEFA.

It has absolutely nothing to do with Barca. It's a league rule which they're just utilising.

It has absolutely nothing to do with Barca. It's a league rule which they're just utilising.

Fair enough. Never heard of the rule being used before and it doesn't seem very fair on Leganes who will now lose their striker at a crucial point of the season.

Back