Barcelona put five past Ferencvarcos

Look at the state of Barca's squad compared to recent years. They'll go nowhere this season.
They are going through a transition but Still have some very good players , Messi , De Jong , Pjanic , coutinho , Griezmann etc. Plus a Couple of the best young players about in Fati and Trincao.

Scored their last 2 goals when down to 10 men after Pique got sent off

They are going through a transition but Still have some very good players , Messi , De Jong , Pjanic , coutinho , Griezmann etc. Plus a Couple of the best young players about in Fati and Trincao.

A team full of individuals though and players past their best.

Guys like Alba, Pique, Busquets are no longer at the top of their game. Messi has carried them for so long but there's only so much he can do now. Griezmann doesn't suit them at all and was a strange signing from the get go.

I'd be shocked if they got anywhere near the Champions League this year...even the league to an extent.

Wasn't a 5-1 game. Fradi put in a good shift but Barcalona's individual quality was always going to tell. Especially after they got that late first half goal.

Watched the Dynamo Kyiv vs Juve game prior to it and was a little disheartened to see just how good Dynamo were. Tough group for Ferencváros. Doesn't get that much easier from here either.

Last edited:
Barca won't win anything until they sort their defence out and I mean that as a collective. Their midfield seems to have so many gaps in it and they concede so many chances even against weak opponents nowadays.

Ferencvaros gave them an early scare. Offside goal and smashed the goal frame before Barca showed up.

Wasn't a 5-1 game. Fradi put in a good shift but Barcalona's individual quality was always going to tell. Especially after they got that late first half goal.

Watched the Dynamo Kyiv vs Juve game prior to it and was a little disheartened to see just how good Dynamo were. Tough group for Ferencváros. Doesn't get that much easier from here either.
I thought it could have been more , 2-0 at half time flattered the Hungarians Barca had 15 attempts at goal And the away keeper had a great game, although Ferrncvaros were unlucky not to score in the first half too.
Second half Barca scored twice with ten men , could have easily been 6 or 7 if they’d kept 11 on the park.

I thought it could have been more , 2-0 at half time flattered the Hungarians Barca had 15 attempts at goal And the away keeper had a great game, although Ferrncvaros were unlucky not to score in the first half too.
Second half Barca scored twice with ten men , could have easily been 6 or 7 if they’d kept 11 on the park.

The first 20 minutes or so I thought Fradi imposed their game plan well. That penalty was really bad timing, a daft challenge undone all of the hard work. As you said Barca kicked on near the end of the half and didn't really look back until the Pique challenge and subsequent penalty/red card. Dibusz was brilliant and had to be. Fradi then pushed forward in attempt to try to swing momentum back. Undone on the break. I think if the sending off had never happened, I don't think Rebrov would have pressed as high as he did and would have likely have dropped deeper. I thought after the third goal Barca looked content to probe away and go through the motions.

Barca were always going to have the lions share of chances. This Fradi side are easily the weakest side on paper in these group stages. Assembled for a fraction of the budget of any other 'minnow' sides in the competition. On those grounds I thought they gave a really good account of themselves in the first half.

Back