Barcelona top paid team in any sport .

Ridiculous money. Frightening thing is, it’s only going to keep going up the way. Where will it stop?

And yet some talented players can’t keep the head for 10 years. I would be living like a monk if I was a player.

Anyone know the tax rate in spain. Remember reading somewhere they did a special rate for footballers to make it more attractive for them to play there.

That is crazy and that is before you add in sponsorship, image rights etc

not sure if still in place or not but a lot of US sports used to have a salary cap which is maybe why there’s aren’t higher

Disgusting amounts of money that.

Wonder how much Messi is on ? Including sponsorship deals it can't be far off 1m per week.

Money has totally ruined the game. Nothing to do with sport or winning trophies. Its all about the £££££££'s. Modern football is shyte.

Remember when this board used to make out the EPL was by far the biggest wages in football and teams were underachieving compared to the likes of Barca and Real considering the wages spent?

£200K a week. Mental. Wonder if the number of NFL players on a team dilutes their figures a bit. Think each team gets 53 players.

In the NFL I think Russel Wilson the Seahawks QB is the highest paid on about $34m per season. But nfl teams have salary caps so if someone is paid big bucks like that a lot of other player on the roster will be on much much less.

A massive financial gap with most teams but not always a performance gap. The law of diminishing returns definitley applies, certainly in EPL teams who pay over the odds for dross.

Back