Barcelona v Ath Madrid tonight 9pm

The Barca one was never a pen, the Atletico one was soft but there was contact and can see why it was given

it makes perfect sense business wise as it allows both clubs to post roughly a £50m profit in the books.

Not when Pjanic is 30, Busquets on the way down as is Vidal.

Posting 50m profit is great but they’ll have no trophies, their depth is shocking. Can see a few barren years coming for them.

Posting 50m profit is great but they’ll have no trophies, their depth is shocking. Can see a few barren years coming for them.
Average squad age must be about 32.

Messi to score last, BTTS & Barca win (11/1).

3 f*cking penalties in the one game.

Not a good result for Barca. Read Madrid could make a proper statement if they win on Thursday. Don't think Getafe will be an easy win though but Real should get it.

Decent chance of winning CL Atletico playing like that, be a hard game for all still left in it.

This cameo from Griezmann sums him up at Barca.
My 7 year old brother could have told anyone with you he wouldn’t suit Barca’s style. Suited Athletico’s counter, not playing against 10 men behind the ball. They should have worn a ski mask when taking the money.

Puig & Fati look great but Suarez is over 30, Messi can’t go forever, Griezmann has been diabolical for them.
Busquets , Pigue, Vidal, Rakitic, Messi, Suarez , Pjanic , Griezmann. All approaching 30-35. I think the barren years have begun, won’t be feasible to fix it quickly due to FFP.

My 7 year old brother could have told anyone with you he wouldn’t suit Barca’s style. Suited Athletico’s counter, not playing against 10 men behind the ball. They should have worn a ski mask when taking the money.

Said as much at the time. Barca’s recruitment has been appealing. Coutinho was never going to fit their system either, they just throw money at the shiniest new toy with no regard for whether or not they’ll fit in.

Said as much at the time. Barca’s recruitment has been appealing. Coutinho was never going to fit their system either, they just throw money at the shiniest new toy with no regard for whether or not they’ll fit in.
They are gonna right in the muck for the next few years.

bought some shares in Puig over on Football Index few weeks ago, hopefully cements a place

It wasn't a football decision, Barca needed to generate €60m before July 31st or their directors would have been personally liable for 15% of the losses.

It was a purely business decision. They didn't need Pjanic, it was the only deal they could do in that dodgy manner to cover them in regards to financial fair play.

He was shite, trust me.
He wasn’t. Trust me
From the 65 minutes I seen he stamped around 100 MPH. I was reading throughout though so didn’t have my full attention. Seemed careless in possession but nearly scored a peach, the rashness is what gave away the penalty (harsh penalty tbf). Puig or Carrasco are the viable candidates for MOTM in my opinion. Again, I’m not entirely sure his playing style complements Busquets and the third CM. They don’t really need a combative midfielder when playing against an 11 man wall.

it’s not good in a football sense as regards age but in simple business terms it is as Barca needed to be able to put that money on the books right now.

Back