Barcelona's latest account wheeze explained

Wonder if all the Timmy bloggers will be disgusted with their "football friends" and start referring to them as Sixco

Barca could do a P&O. Sack all their players, get some dodgy agent to supply them with 11 jobbing footballers on zero hours contracts, and wait for their Government/desperate football fans to chuck money at them. :)):)):))

BIG-HANDS.jpg

Is there a players union in Spain? You would hope if there was that there would be a show of support for any players who are being threatened.

Can't imagine the members voting for that
I think that’s the point of the running up of the debt, so they are in an untenable position and a sale is the only way out. The members as you say would never wear it otherwise.

I guess in the event of an administration the members wouldn’t have a choice.

That’s the same accounting trick they did with the Pjanic and Arthur deal. Bought them and Juventus claimed to get in 70 odd and 80 odd million each to cheat the book, when reality it was player swap and 10 million or so.

They are everything that is wrong with football. Most clubs try and live within there means. They blatantly try and fiddle the books. Pressure players into taking less wages and forgot about monies owed. Then have the cheek to buy new players. The Spanish fa are spineless

Entitled cunts. They did the same last season because Umtiti & Sergi Roberto wouldn't take a pay cut I think.

Apparently Pique has agreed to terminate his contract and sign a new one on lesser terms.

Pique is an utter fanny

Cheats on Shakira now letting Barca away with not paying him what he's owed.

There’s a piece about this in the Athletic today where they say that it’s not quite how it’s been portrayed, Barca haven’t put in €150m and taken it out again, they’ve created an investment vehicle with socios.com as regards tv rights and the €150m is the value of this new asset to Barcelona, valuing it as such apparently complies with Spanish accounting laws which they’re required to do.

Last edited:
I think that’s the point of the running up of the debt, so they are in an untenable position and a sale is the only way out. The members as you say would never wear it otherwise.

I guess in the event of an administration the members wouldn’t have a choice.
The president Laporta is a politician that supports Catalan independence in a pretty hardcore way. I can't imagine him deliberately fucking up an institution that's always been seen as a beacon for the Catalan independence. When Franco banned the speaking of Catalan the only place the language would be heard in Spain was the stadium where fans would still sing in Catalan safe in the knowledge they couldn't arrest all of them

All a carve up for a Middle Eastern sale isn’t it? Horrific state of affairs
This all day long. The value of the club vs the debt is tiny if someone from the Middle East or USA wanted to buy them.

Who would the proceeds of the sale go to? Follow the money is normally the logic to work out who’s behind it.

One of the few clubs in the world that can easily attract the best young talent on the planet, top notch facilities and infrastructure.
They could chose to do this the right way, rebuild a team and still remain competitive but it speaks volumes for the culture and values that exist in that club.

Not so long ago, every player in one of their greatest ever teams came through their academy system and they ruled the football world.

One of the few clubs in the world that can easily attract the best young talent on the planet, top notch facilities and infrastructure.
They could chose to do this the right way, rebuild a team and still remain competitive but it speaks volumes for the culture and values that exist in that club.

Not so long ago, every player in one of their greatest ever teams came through their academy system and they ruled the football world.

Thing is, they actually do have a superb crop of youngsters from the academy either already in the first team or about to break through.

Just like us with Murray and Whyte, it is important to separate the club/fans with how the shysters in charge have ran the club. Had we known exactly what was happening behind the scenes then they would likely have been chased.
Fans are just as bad at times. Did you see the way they reacted to Braithwaite when they were announcing their squad for their game at the weekend. All because he wants to keep his contract as was agreed and not take a pay cut for new signings to be announced.

Fans are just as bad at times. Did you see the way they reacted to Braithwaite when they were announcing their squad for their game at the weekend. All because he wants to keep his contract as was agreed and not take a pay cut for new signings to be announced.
Fans can often react emotionally and without logic, often due to whatever spin has been released by those in charge and the media. I don’t know the story or the figures, but what player is going to give up a big chunk of a contract so that it can go on fees and wages of a new player? That is madness.

McCoist of all people got dogs abuse from some of us when he wouldn’t relinquish what was owed to him. Even though he had given up wages in 2012, saved us in many respects during the Whyte/Green years, and had handed in his long term notice. McCoist done nothing wrong, yet was getting vilified by quite a few over it.

In general though, custodians are responsible for financial management of their club, but as with the 2008 banking crisis and us in 2012 onwards, those at the top make an arse of it, walk away with £££, and the ordinary punters are left to bear the brunt. Though given Barcelona’s problems and workings are getting leaked, you would still expect their fans to be making a noise about how they are getting run.

Barca and Real fans treat their own players like shit.

A few years ago Real fans were booing Casillas ffs. Boos and jeers for Ronaldo at times as well. I kinda understand the stick Bale got mind you.

Barca and Real fans treat their own players like shit.

A few years ago Real fans were booing Casillas ffs. Boos and jeers for Ronaldo at times as well. I kinda understand the stick Bale got mind you.

Rangers fans can be bad with our legends but Madrid and Barca take it to another level altogether.

Entitled cunts. They did the same last season because Umtiti & Sergi Roberto wouldn't take a pay cut I think.

Apparently Pique has agreed to terminate his contract and sign a new one on lesser terms.
Pique is up to his neck in corruption too.

Remember that this mess is only possible because Barça and Real were excluded from transformation into plc's nearly 30 years ago. They still act in the name( sort of) of their members-season ticket holders. There are no shareholders, no people risking their own finances, they spend-waste money they don't have to give account for. After four years in charge as directors, they don't present themselves to new election and are free to go away. Unless, of course, they are found to have broken rules in that four-year period.

Back