Barišić, Davis & Morelos Injury News

Status
Not open for further replies.
unsure where that comes from, they are flying at moment, that’s not to say we can’t turn them over but huge wishful thinking to say they have any problems!
They have numerous players returning from injury who won't be fully fit

Scored two against Hearts and yet Gerrard chose to put the frustrating Ojo on against Aberdeen before him.

Arfield's also been leading something of a charmed life and Stewart must be wondering what he has to do to get in before these two.

I like Stewart and he should have had more minutes. The problem with him for tomorrow is that he offers less defensively than any of the alternatives, with the possible exception of Ojo. That’s why he won’t start tomorrow.

Are they?
All their big players will play.
unsure where that comes from, they are flying at moment, that’s not to say we can’t turn them over but huge wishful thinking to say they have any problems!
What problems mate?

For a start, their first choice right back (the Arab) is injured and Taylor is cup tied.

Bollingoli and Hayes haven't played for 4 or 5 weeks and didn't start training until this week.

Serious lack of match fitness and definitely not 100% physically fit.

Elyanoussi and Edouard only did light training Tuesday to Thursday and did their first full session for almost 4 and 3 weeks respectively yesterday.

Again, they'll be a good bit off both match and physical fitness, particularly for a game against us, on a very heavy park.

Lennon is playing it down, but he's definitely got a few issues there.

For a start, their first choice right back (the Arab) is injured and Taylor is cup tied.

Bollingoli and Hayes haven't played for 4 or 5 weeks and didn't start training until this week.

Elyanoussi and Edouard only did light training Tuesday to Thursday and did their first full session for almost 4 and 3 weeks respectively yesterday.

Again, they'll be a good bit off both match and physical fitness, particularly for a game against us, on a very heavy park.

Hope your right mate genuinely.

Its just ive bought apples off the mentally challenged cart before with ‘injuries’ and ‘fitness problems’.

Hope your right mate genuinely.

Its just ive bought apples off the mentally challenged cart before with ‘injuries’ and ‘fitness problems’.

Well mate they've definitely been injured.

You don't rest players for between 3-5 weeks before a cup final.

That's almost the equivalent of returning to pre season training.

I wouldn’t start Aribo or Ojo, I don’t think either of them are ready for an occasion like this.

If Davis is fit I’d go with him, Jack and Kamara. If not, Jack and Kamara sitting with Arfield in the hole. I’d go Stewart wide right with Kent and Morelos.

If Davis is fit, I’d put Arfield wide right. We know we’ll get 100% from him. Ojo is a foregone conclusion and after last OF at Ibrox Aribo doesn’t deserve to start.

Some more than others. Barker being the biggest.

He was part of really strong European Performances.

Its horses for courses. Depends what the gameplan is. If we want to hit them on the counter then Barker is your option, if we want to control the game then someone like Aribo is a better choice.

I'm gutted either way because Davis is arguably the player who makes our whole team tick.

Xmas night post.

No shitey pants or pumping my gay Male boss.

No surrender from Hillhead underground.

He was part of really strong European Performances.

Its horses for courses. Depends what the gameplan is. If we want to hit them on the counter then Barker is your option, if we want to control the game then someone like Aribo is a better choice.

I'm gutted either way because Davis is arguably the player who makes our whole team tick.
The game plan?? We go for the throat. We have seen what happens when we sit off them. We need to get in their faces and play with power and speed, do not give them a second

The same thing happens every Old Firm mate, the stories of their key players being ‘injured’ only to miraculously recover in time.

I’m not at all ITK but my take on it is they will have no issues come tomorrow. Don’t get me wrong tho I’m hoping the stories are true.

The same thing happens every Old Firm mate, the stories of their key players being ‘injured’ only to miraculously recover in time.

I’m not at all ITK but my take on it is they will have no issues come tomorrow. Don’t get me wrong tho I’m hoping the stories are true.

Its a ritual they roll out on the run up to the match every time we play them.

It's not a surprise. SG even mentioned in the press conference that there were one or two doubts. It's an undoubted blow (if true) given Davis' form and experience.

Arfield in the middle man marking brown could be a good thing. I’d play Barker on the right

If Davis really is out it’s a huge blow but the midfield I’d like to see in that case is...

Arfield Jack Kamara

Stewart Alfie Kent
I have been impressed with what I’ve seen in Stewart and surprised at his lack of game time. Would definitely take him over Ojo, Barker or playing Aribo in the middle.

Mate, as I said in my earlier post, if you don't play for a few weeks, your sharpness goes and if you don't train your fitness goes.

Some of them will start, but they will not be 100% fit.

All our players who start tomorrow have been playing regularly and are 100% match fit.

Mate, as I said in my earlier post, if you don't play for a few weeks, your sharpness goes and if you don't train your fitness goes.

Some of them will start, but they will not be 100% fit.

All our players who start tomorrow have been playing regularly and are 100% match fit.

Do we know they’ve not been training?

As I said I hope they are injured, but this does happen every Old Firm hence my doubt.

If Davis really is out it’s a huge blow but the midfield I’d like to see in that case is...

Arfield Jack Kamara

Stewart Alfie Kent
I have been impressed with what I’ve seen in Stewart and surprised at his lack of game time. Would definitely take him over Ojo, Barker or playing Aribo in the middle.

I'd be tempted by Aribo further forward - he's got the feet and ingenuity to trouble them. Taking him outside the midfield battle will help.

I'm not sure Stewart has the desired work rate for tomorrow's game.

Big decision.

Do we know they’ve not been training?

As I said I hope they are injured, but this does happen every Old Firm hence my doubt.

Mate, you telling me Hayes didn't dislocate his shoulder and Edouard, Bollingoli and Elyanoussi have been missing for the past few games on purpose and training in secret on their own?

They are all returning from injury and have been absent for a minimum of 3 weeks, depending on which player we're talking about.

I'm not saying they won't start, some of them will, but no manager has ever deliberately left players out for 3 weeks or more before a cup final.

Lennon is gambling on their fitness because he doesn't trust the alternatives.

Last edited by a moderator:
I'd be tempted by Aribo further forward - he's got the feet and ingenuity to trouble them. Taking him outside the midfield battle will help.

Big decision.

The desired work rate is exactly why I’d pick Stewart, he’s a bear and would give 100%.

He did against Aberdeen and was great and as we’ve seen before the fight and desire can win you an Old Firm just as much as quality can. I simply can’t see Aribo having the same work rate, desire or hatred towards the tims that Stewart no doubt has. That’s just my opinion tho mate.

The desired work rate is exactly why I’d pick Stewart, he’s a bear and would give 100%.

He did against Aberdeen and was great and as we’ve seen before the fight and desire can win you an Old Firm just as much as quality can. I simply can’t see Aribo having the same work rate, desire or hatred towards the tims that Stewart no doubt has. That’s just my opinion tho mate.

Oh, he'll have the desire. I wonder on the mobility (that's what I meant by work rate). Would he be expected to assist defensively?

Aribo could easily get lost among the mayhem, though, I hear you on that.

Big decision.

Just read your post again mate and realised you suggested moving Aribo further forward rather than playing him in midfield 3, like I thought you’d said.

That’s actually not a bad suggestion, he definitely has the speed, control and skill to play on the wing and cause their defence problems. As you also mentioned taking him out of the midfield battle would help as I’m not sure he’s quite cut out for an Old Firm midfield battle just yet.

Sorry for not reading your post right but still stand by what I said about Stewart too, but playing Aribo on the wing would pretty much solve the problems I pointed out. But like you said I’m not sure how physically fit Stewart is to do all the defensive work as well as attacking.

Aribo or Stewart on the wing would be my favoured options, hoping to god Gerrard sees sense and doesn’t play Ojo or Barker.

If davis is out then no doubt a blow. Airfield has been struggling in the forward position but I have no qualms about bringing him in the midfield and allowing someone sharper to take his place. As someone posted earlier, it's time for big balls and players to step up. Might have added the balls thing.

If Davis misses out its a blow, no arguing against that. You’re unlikely to have all first XI fit and on form especially after a midweek trip to Aberdeen but Davis, alongside Morelos, Kent and Jack are the ones you’d really want available.

I think we’ll go;

McGregor
Tav Goldson Helander Barasic
Arfield Jack Kamara
Ojo Kent
Morelos
I still think we’ll win it’ll just be a little less controlled than it would have been with Davis playing (if he doesn’t make it).

It’s a cliche but it’ll really be about who wants it more, who’s able to win the battle - best believe it’ll be a battle given how much is ridding on it. Everyone will be desperate to win of course but if we don’t want it more we are in big trouble, above all else we have people calling us serial losers. If the players aren’t kicking the door down to get out tomorrow there’s something wrong.

Last edited:
If Davis misses out its a blow, no arguing against that. You’re unlikely to have all first XI fit and on form especially after a midweek trip to Aberdeen but Davis, alongside Morelos, Kent and Jack are the ones you’d really want available.

I think we’ll go;

McGregor
Tav Goldson Helander Barasic
Arfield Jack Kamara
Ojo Kent
Morelos
I still think we’ll win it’ll just be a little less controlled than it would have been with Davis playing (if he doesn’t make it).

It’s a cliche but it’ll really be about who wants it more, who’s able to win the battle - best believe it’ll be a battle given how much is ridding on it. Everyone will be desperate to win of course but if we don’t want it more we are in big trouble, above all else we have people calling us serial losers. If the players aren’t kicking the door down to get out tomorrow there’s something wrong.

I hope I am made to eat my words as Ojo scores the winner tomorrow but he just does not do enough to merit a start. Tomorrow will be blood and thunder on a very heavy pitch and we just cannot afford to have someone who has shown on many occasions to be unable to do the hard graft.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back