Barišić vs Wales

BobbyShearer

Looked like a nasty one on the Welsh lad there, if it was a red he couldn’t have put up much argument.

I do love watching Croatia-they’ve got just the right mix of great skill and Balkan mentalness.

devilman

Is that actual fans singing in this stadium - just seems to burst in with the same chant every so often. Absolutely perfectly the same.

Arminius

Official Ticketer
How has oor Borna been playing ?
Completely solid.

Sitting in a more defensive deeper role tonight, though, maybe because Croatia were sitting on their lead much of the first half. Although, as I type that, Borna breaks away down the flank and pings a cross in for Perisic, slightly overhit.

Anyway, he looks totally comfortable and not out of place at all in a side of this quality.

Goity

Croatia's attack was pretty pedestrian tonight, their passing and possession play tho' top drawer.

Barisic would get a solid 7/10 - did nothing wrong.

Blueranger45

think Croatia went there looking for a draw and got it, Sky hyping up Wales a bit too much - "had opportunities to win"

don't really remember too many chances for either team, other than the ones they scored

Stan the Man

Good solid game from Borna but they don't use his forward running enough,they could/should have used his overlaps more, especially when their mid-field were going nowhere through the middle

CaptainCourageous

Croatia's attack was pretty pedestrian tonight, their passing and possession play tho' top drawer.

2nd half they just didn't get the ball wide left quick enough. From 65' onwards Barišić and Perisic were finding themselves in acres of space only for Vida and Rakitic to slow it down.

Barišić was solid, neat and tidy. You could tell he was holding back at times and he looked like he just wanted the ball out wide quicker so he could give and go.

7/10.

Harrogate Bluenose

I would give an 8 considering he kept Bale quiet on his side of the park. Granted I missed 20 mins, but from what I seen, well done Barisic.

CaptainCourageous

Passes back to the centre half too much, needs to try find forward pass a bit more but more than held his own
He passed the ball back a lot of the time because when Vidal and Rakitic eventually got the ball to him, he was either closed down or Perisic wasn't in a position to be picked out. Rakitic and Modric sat deep.

theglasgowrangers

He passed the ball back a lot of the time because when Vidal and Rakitic eventually got the ball to him, he was either closed down or Perisic wasn't in a position to be picked out. Rakitic and Modric sat deep.
Just felt like his first instinct is to just play the safe pass rather than look for it. Think he does the same for us aswell.

Last edited: