Barisic’s cross

He was absolutely flying again tonight and his crosses into the box were always a threat to their defence.
Perfect ball in for Alfredo's goal.

I thought he was the best player on the pitch tonight , think I counted about 7 danger crosses he landed , when was the last time we had a player who put the ball in those areas with such consistency ? I struggle to think of many
Totally agree he was but thing is we now have many others that could easily have been given motm. That’s why it’s looking so good. Kamara, both centre backs for example were very very good as well. Our 2nd or 3rd gear is now enough to win games like this and long may it continue

The term undefendable isn’t one that should be used often, but that was as close as you’ll come.

If we had conceded that goal - If the ball isn’t stopped coming in, after that you’d have to hold your hands up and say there’s not a lot you can do apart from hope the striker makes an arse of it or the keeper makes a miracle save.

David Edgar from Heart & Hand summed it up when he said the cross was so beautiful that he wanted to put a frame round it and call it art.

I thought he was the best player on the pitch tonight , think I counted about 7 danger crosses he landed , when was the last time we had a player who put the ball in those areas with such consistency ? I struggle to think of many
Watching first half couldnt help but think those crosses are needing a wee Buffalo on the end of them.

I was right

He fired in three particularly top deliveries last night. The assist, the one for Roofe and one other I remember. Oh for a Hateley up front...

Great performance, I felt they targetted his area tonight, particularly in the first half and he gave them no change at all. That cross capped off a great display from him!
Where I'll disagree is I thought they got in behind him a few times, Craigan IIRC commented on him pushing forward too soon when we didn't have solid possession. Also a few times he was very slow in getting back.
Those are small things, the things he's not been guilty of in the last year or so. His quality is undeniable and the balls he puts in are for me the best I've seen in terms of accuracy and consistency since McCann for us or Beckham overall

It was brilliant.

You’ll notice Arfield goes straight over to Borna after the goal goals in to congratulate him

The balls that Borno and Tav can put into the box usually put panic into opposing defenders. If we had a Hateley sized striker in there we would cause mayhem. Alfie does well enough though and hopefully the other night was the first of a new streak of form and goals from the buff.

he truly has become something special.

Yet it weren’t so long ago SG was expecting him to “man up”

Honestly thought he had a bad game.
It depends what you’re looking for, I guess.
It’s true we were exposed a few times at left back area but that can’t solely be pinned on him.
It was more the area that was targeted tactically than Barisic personally.
Our DM’s are supposed to cover his runs upfield and this is where we need him as often as not.

he truly has become something special.

Yet it weren’t so long ago SG was expecting him to “man up”
At the time Barisic needed that level of management.
The incident he went down, which probably caused Gerrard’s angst, and was slapping the ground in agony, done him no favours.
Put it this way, he’s “manned up” since then and hasn’t acted like that since.
Job done by Gerrard and Barisic.

The balls that Borno and Tav can put into the box usually put panic into opposing defenders. If we had a Hateley sized striker in there we would cause mayhem. Alfie does well enough though and hopefully the other night was the first of a new streak of form and goals from the buff.
That player would negate us in so many other ways though.
Now, if your thinking of Hateley style where it’s his whole game you’re thinking of, I’m with you.

It depends what you’re looking for, I guess.
It’s true we were exposed a few times at left back area but that can’t solely be pinned on him.
It was more the area that was targeted tactically than Barisic personally.
Our DM’s are supposed to cover his runs upfield and this is where we need him as often as not.
This is true but i was just comparing him to his usual and all round general performance.
Maybe he is still carrying a niggling injury.

He has to cross 12 yds from the touch line, crosses closer to the touchline and it goes out of play with the bend he puts in it.

I Love the celebrations, hugs for everyone but a double high five for Borna!

A forwards dream ball.

You could just imagine a cheeky grin starting on McCoists face just before the ball got to him and the smile afterward if it had been him.

Great to see Alfie on the end of it especially the way he buried it. Hopefully he kicks on from it.

Back