Barisic 2nd half

Just honking. Didn't venture forward and every time he received the ball he wanted to go back towards his goal. Frustrating as he had a good first half but you wouldn't want him in the trenches.
See instead of just thinking about him himself, perhaps PSV set up differently to make it more difficult for him? His passing options were restricted by a man pressing him in the 2nd half. Which he wasn’t doing in the first half. He did lose confidence because of this though.

he was slowly dissolving before our eyes but he delivered a better performance than i expected.

Sorry but i agree with the OP. thought first half he was good but was shakey and wasteful in the second.

TBH i thought the second goal he could easily have let it run out of play but slid in. would need to see it again but thought it was an error on his part

Arguably our best player in the first half

Second half I think the lack of options inside him is why he often had to go back the way
100%. Nothing in front of him in the second half. Midfield completely disappeared in terms of attack and defence. I thought he had a great game.

His first half performance was good but my god his second half was dreadful. You could sense the PSV players saw a weakness there in the second half as they were playing a lot of balls into that area of the pitch.

Ding ding are we not allowed to question players when it's pretty apparent they aren't up for the fight?

I agree with you.

Ridvan was bought because you just never know what you’ll get with Borna. You just can’t rely on him

For every moment of quality there are more nights he looks cowed and rattled.

1st half we were finding Lawrence in pockets of space. 2nd half I think we found him once. Perhaps PSV made a tactical switch?
Second half I felt our energy levels and urgency dropped big time

Lawrence became largely anonymous, Tillman drifted in and out.

We had a spell of 5-10 minutes where we struggled to put 5 passes together. I felt Gio should have changed it long before he did as other than scoring a fluke second, we could have played to midnight and not scored again from open play

He was poor in the second half but he was put under pressure by teammates playing the ball to him in some ridiculous positions.

Just honking. Didn't venture forward and every time he received the ball he wanted to go back towards his goal. Frustrating as he had a good first half but you wouldn't want him in the trenches.

2nd half PSV pressed much higher and left him with no outball down the line, they also forced him onto his right foot more often. That gives him a choice, go sideways, backwards or long off his weaker side. What would you choose ?
What surprised me was how often we went left from bye kicks etc.
BB played really well 1st half, PSV did what good sides do, the identified the threat and nullified it. We didn't have the pace in attack to make them drop back.

I wish folk would %^*& off with the Barisic hate.

once again was probably the best of our back four.

was winning balls right up to the final whistle Kent mustve got stuck in the bogs at half time and came back out around 80 mins as he showed for nothing almost the entire second half.

2nd half PSV pressed much higher and left him with no outball down the line, they also forced him onto his right foot more often. That gives him a choice, go sideways, backwards or long off his weaker side. What would you choose ?
What surprised me was how often we went left from bye kicks etc.
BB played really well 1st half, PSV did what good sides do, the identified the threat and nullified it. We didn't have the pace in attack to make them drop back.
See people don't see what you explained there, frustrates the fucking life out of me.

People can't see another team doing something well, it's just " that's pure shite Rangers"

I thought he did OK, struggled second half but that was more to do with Kent hiding rather than anything he did

Not really sure what he was meant to do. We were insistent on playing out from the back which let them press us very high. Barisic always made himself available when the centre backs or midfielders were being pressed despite him being pressed, having nowhere to go and noone to pass to.

He was fine and brave in the circumstances.
He was anything but brave in the 2nd half and barely crossed the halfway line.

Thought he had a decent game tonight. Quite a few players in the second half dropped performance levels and the substitutions of Davis and Tillman were spot on with who needed to come off.

If, as we know, teams double up on Kent, how is Barasic, under pressure, meant to play Kent into possesion, particularly when I can't remember him making a single run in behind their back line.

He makes the attempted pass and it easily gets cut out or he plays it long and its 30 yards beyond Kent?

1. Spell his name right FFS. He's been here 4 years

2. He was our best defender tonight and was battling

I'll be the first to admit Borna can be frustrating at times but tonight our defensive issues came down the right side and from defending corners, neither of which are on him.

Back