Barisic and Grezda

TerrySilverLoyal

Having missed the game today how did they play. Really intrigued by Barisic and think he will be a superstar for us

And same for Grezda. Know he isnt up to sharpness but how did he look?

Cheers

Barisic was effectively a second winger as Dundee offered nothing, his delivery is terrific. Grezada, unsurprisingly, looked like he hadn't played since May.

I thought Barisic was poor today overall. Can tell he’ll be a player for us though.

Grezda never had much time to make an impact. Good to see him getting some minutes.
I agree about Barisic, always seemed to turn inside and go back the way but he is still finding his feet.

I wouldn't say he was poor but he can play better.

Last edited:
Barisic was a bit off the pace today although solid enough defensively and we didn’t get a chance to see much of Grezda.

Grezda found it hard to get into the game after he came on, mainly as Candeias kept running into his area after Gerrard moved DC behind Lafferty. Meant we often had 3 players out there when Tav bombed forward. Obvious he is rapid though.

Barasic defended well and put in his usual quality of crosses but was a little sloppy in possession at times. No way was he poor as mentioned above.

I thought Barisic was poor today overall. Can tell he’ll be a player for us though.

Grezda never had much time to make an impact. Good to see him getting some minutes.

Yep. Poorish game from Barisic set against the standard we’ve already seen from him but wonder if just a hangover from international duty. He’ll be a top player.

How can you say Grezda was poor ? he had about 4 or 5 touches and apart from a poor cutback there was nothing really to judge him on.

Gerrad said he is about 60 to 70% fit.
We used 14 players today and if I was rating them all Borna and Eros are near the bottom.
I understand it's Eros first minutes but he was ineffective

Barisic made a few mistakes today, but recovered well. Also had a great block in the box at 1/2 - 0.

Grezda, always wanting the ball. May have pace, but too early to tell.

How can you say gredza was poor seeing him for the last 15 minutes he was always looking for the balk and when he got it he always got the ball to a team mate

Aye but apart from that he was poor. Ha

And don't get me started on Barisic

Ffs ... How were they poor weren't great but poor?

This forum is beyond a joke

That was Grezdas first game of the season and Barasic never put a foot wrong

Morelos getting slated on another thread. Seems to be unless you are brilliant you are poor or rubbish.

How the f uck can you judge Grezda on the time he had ffs?This is why i can’t take some within our support seriously with shite like this.
The OP asked how they played.

Nobody, as far as I can see is saying Grezda is a dud. The guy hasn't played in 3 months,hasn't had a pre season and has moved to a new club. He was never going to be impressive given all that.

FF at it's worst: Barisic was OK, he was average, and he was poor, and he didn't put a foot wrong.

All I'll say is that anyone watching that game and thinking Barisic had a poor game should just stop watching football, because you will never, ever get it.

Barišić made a number of last ditch challenges inside our box, he delivered some cracking balls and looked comfortable on the ball. He also drew fouls on a number of occasions.

Gredza looked rusty which was to be expected but he took up some fantastic positions, his off the ball movement was good and he got in a few dangerous positions but his final ball was lacking.

Astounded that anyone can say Barasic was poor today.
I understand its a football forum and opinions may be divided but although he wasn't in scintillating top form, he was far from poor.

FF at it's worst: Barisic was OK, he was average, and he was poor, and he didn't put a foot wrong.

All I'll say is that anyone watching that game and thinking Barisic had a poor game should just stop watching football, because you will never, ever get it.
Totally with you on this.
Saw on other threads tonight some folks are saying guys around them were saying Morelos is a poor player.
I know people are entitled to their opinion.
But FFS.!!

I've not been blown away by Barisic so far tbh. I think the pace of our game will take time for him to adjust to. He seems a wee bit off the pace at the moment.

If he can be solid at the back then I've no doubts he will be excellent for us. As he can cross from anywhere and will defo be an effective attacking force. he crosses the ball like Beckham ie. can bend it in from anywhere in the last third.

Having missed the game today how did they play. Really intrigued by Barisic and think he will be a superstar for us

And same for Grezda. Know he isnt up to sharpness but how did he look?

Cheers

Barisic was very poor vs Celtic and just ok today, will take him a couple of months I reckon to get to grips with the way we play but he will be a player for us no doubt.

Some people really expect far too much. Barisic was solid and delivered a couple of lovely balls, ok not a marauding wing back display but to say he was poor is very harsh. As for Grezda, the guy had about 15 minutes and didn’t get much of the ball. All in all I was just happy to see a full back do his job and a new signing make his first appearance in a convincing win.

Back