Barisic and Grezda

Grezda made some good runs into acres of space but didnt receive the pass,he should be a good player when 100 per cent fit.

Grezda showed good flashes, but clearly not ready yet. He was always pointing out where he wanted the ball, which was good to see, but I reckon that will stop when he develops a greater understanding of the players and style.

For me though, if it had been Middleton that we had spent 2 mill on, I wouldn't have been disappointed.

how was Barisic poor?! he constantly snuffed out and out muscled anything that came down his side. he was often the one getting a touch or a head to the ball in the box. He cleared up the one real chance that Dundee had. He is a defender and he defended superbly. His delivery was still good but we have no Aerial threat.

FF at it's worst: Barisic was OK, he was average, and he was poor, and he didn't put a foot wrong.

All I'll say is that anyone watching that game and thinking Barisic had a poor game should just stop watching football, because you will never, ever get it.

Agreed . I thought Barisic played well and was involved in a huge amount of today’s game .

Candeas on the other hand was invisible in the first half and I was surprised to see him reappear after half time . He improved second half .

Kent for me MOM with airfield and coullibally not far behind .

Grezda was given a few minutes to run out at Ibrox but basically isn’t ready .

Barisic was good at times today but he didn’t look comfortable at times

I’m sure he will get better and it’s a huge move for him

Grezda looks rusty given he’s been out for months

Barisic was good at times today but he didn’t look comfortable at times

I’m sure he will get better and it’s a huge move for him

Grezda looks rusty given he’s been out for months
You do realise that the internet will not allow for nuance. Someone is either amazing or sh1te!

Agreed . I thought Barisic played well and was involved in a huge amount of today’s game .

Candeas on the other hand was invisible in the first half and I was surprised to see him reappear after half time . He improved second half .

Kent for me MOM with airfield and coullibally not far behind .

Grezda was given a few minutes to run out at Ibrox but basically isn’t ready .

Agree Rod. Kent then Arfield for me.

Barisic was a bit off the pace today although solid enough defensively and we didn’t get a chance to see much of Grezda.
how was Barisic poor?! he constantly snuffed out and out muscled anything that came down his side. he was often the one getting a touch or a head to the ball in the box. He cleared up the one real chance that Dundee had. He is a defender and he defended superbly. His delivery was still good but we have no Aerial threat.
Barasic is a solid defender and that's what we need is a solid full back because defensively on the other side we are weak ,so there stick that in your pipe and smoke it.

I'm yet to be convinced by Barisic. I hope he comes good but he looks leggy and unsure. There is no doubt his delivery is good.

Grezda looked quick and tidy. Will take him a good while to get up to speed.

BB had quite a poor first half in my opinion in terms of a few slack passes but also made a couple of well timed tackles. He was much better in the 2nd half and overall I'd say it was a 7/10 performance.

Grezda was pretty quiet when he came on. A couple of nice touches but also a couple of moments of misunderstanding with his teammates but that's to be expected considering he's only just arrived and he came on with 18 minutes to go.

For anyone to say both were poor is nonsense in my humble opinion.

Grezda looked miles short-none of the pace we've seen in the videos.

I think SG needs to be careful with him. Barisic I thought had a quiet 2nd half in particular but still looks by far our best option at LB.

Barisic just quietly went about his job. I thought Grezda might’ve went for the shot when he elected to cut it back but he was on the defenders shoulder and looks like he’ll be dangerous once fit.

Last edited:
Barisic was not poor today - but there were a number of outstanding performances for us and he was not at that level today so was overshadowed in a way. However that was a good solid display - and what I noticed is that he adds much needed aerial ability at the heart of our defence. It’s good to have a full-back who can contribute like that at set-pieces. This guy is a great all round footballer and I still can’t believe we got him for 1.5m.

Barisic was very good today and though they went through him 3-4 times it just seemed to help him focus. After the first hefty challenge he went through 4 Dundee players in 5 mins with hard no nonsense tackles and he can deliver a ball...you feel he's still trying to take in what you can get away with in this league. I can't believe some of the shit that goes unpunished in our league so imagine how the new guys feel...

We win 4-o and did not break sweat and people come out with pish like Barisic was poor. What planet honestly. It looked a tactic today for our fullbacks to not attack as much and let the wingers do there job.

Their performance was probably effected as both just realised they’ve signed for a club whose support leave early and sit in silence even when we win 4-0 at home.

Passion.

I've not been blown away by Barisic so far tbh. I think the pace of our game will take time for him to adjust to. He seems a wee bit off the pace at the moment.

If he can be solid at the back then I've no doubts he will be excellent for us. As he can cross from anywhere and will defo be an effective attacking force. he crosses the ball like Beckham ie. can bend it in from anywhere in the last third.
Im with you on Barisic at the moment not much better than Lee Wallace 100%fit IMO. Give him time but very one footed also.

For the first 10 minutes or so Barisic looked, well it is difficult to explain, he looked kind of clumsy almost? Slightly awkward touch and a strange gait when running. He then put in 2 good tackles and that was him off and running. He is a player that you can look at and just know he has bags of ability. His attacking play stands out but I thought that his defensive work yesterday was very good too, which is something that was not really discussed before and during his move.

Anyone making any kind of judgement on Grezda is a wee bit daft :D

Barišić stops balls into the box.

He's also excellent at timing a challenge, especially inside the box - saw that yesterday, at Fir Park, against the bheggars and any one watching Croatia vs Portugal last week.

His ability to delivery from wide areas is a real weapon. Watch him deliver from a more central position is even more impressive.

Im with you on Barisic at the moment not much better than Lee Wallace 100%fit IMO. Give him time but very one footed also.
Not much better than LW?Another who needs to visit the loony bin.Barasic is miles better than Wallace any given day of the week.

Barisic hit this peach of cross in the first half, right to the back of the six yard box; it was that good maybe none of the attackers expected it. He does that effortlessly, inside of the foot no matter how tight the defender is on him. We had a clean sheet, he can't have been that bad.

Two great players who will improve with more match time.

I'm really excited in how this team is developing.

Yesterday was a joy to watch.

I thought Barisic was motm in the first half, and although he wasn’t a stand out in the second he was quietly effective.
Not sure I could really make any judgment on Grezda.

Anybody who considers Barisic 'poor' clearly does not appreciate the finer arts of the game. The guy's positioning alone demonstrates his ability to read a game. Add in that he can tackle well and rarely looses a dual, is good at taking corners, all mean that he is good enough to play for Croatia and is a big bonus for us. Grezda was his first game of the season, on for 10 seconds, and yet his positioning was clear - the guy knows how to play.

Barisic was a solid 6.5-7 out of 10 today. Steady. Looked solid. Got forward without being anything special.

He was not "poor".

Grezda never got much of the ball when he came on.

What a thread.

Barisic strolled it.

Grezda came on when the game was finished and touched the ball about 5 times so how anyone can make sweeping statements based on that I have no idea.

Barišić stops balls into the box.

He's also excellent at timing a challenge, especially inside the box - saw that yesterday, at Fir Park, against the bheggars and any one watching Croatia vs Portugal last week.

His ability to delivery from wide areas is a real weapon. Watch him deliver from a more central position is even more impressive.

Stopping the ball into the box is something we've been brutal at the last few years. Lee Wallace in particular being appallingly ineffective in that regard.

The guy is a big step up in what we've had recently, even if he doesn't settle down and kick on the way he has potential to (which I think he will)

Back