Barisic and Grezda

Thought Barisic looked good again. Solid in the tackle and always looking to bomb forward. His delivery is excellent and will be a threat all season. Grezda got 15 mins in his legs. We knew from the press conference he’s not fully fit 70% all about getting him up to speed. Always looked to get on the ball hopeful he will settle in to being a good player.

We used 14 players today and if I was rating them all Borna and Eros are near the bottom.
I understand it's Eros first minutes but he was ineffective
You’re just digging a bigger hole here.
Where would McGregor be?
He did next to nothing either!

Seriously?

Honest to fucking Brian. Some folk should just chuck watching football
Quit the name calling if you dont know how to spell it
So no other opinion allowed on here ?people forget how good and loyal Lee Wallace was so it is not a slight on Barisic to compare the two.

Last edited:
I like barisic but yesterday for me his passing and delivery let him down. Couple poor judgements i.e lumping it into box when morelos only guy in box vs 4 defenders. Solid in the tackle though. No worries about having this guy on the left for us just had a wee bit of an off day.

Grezda didnt have time but tried to be lively.

Quit the name calling if you dont know how to spell it
So no other opinion allowed on here ?people forget how good and loyal Lee Wallace was so it is not a slight on Barisic to compare the two.
Being a loyal servant doesn’t equate to LW being anywhere near the level of Barasic.Borna Barasic is miles above LW in every department on a football pitch.

Barasic was steady without being spectacular, but you can see there's a cracking player in there, Grezda wasn't on long enough to comment.

Barasic will be the best left back we have had since Numan!!

I like and respect Wallace but this boy can play

My opinion on Barisic is that he looks to be reluctant to really open up. He keeps it simple most of the time, looking to turn back or inside and play the simple option. I dont know if thats tactics or if its to do with how Kent plays infront of him.
He only really started to open up and drive for the by line in the latter part of the second half. I think for us to see the best of Barisic in an attacking sense he needs to build a relationship with Kent infront of him. Much the same way Wallace and McKay did.
Lee Wallace on his day is an excellent attacking full back. Maybe let down by his defensive capabilities at times but is still a very good option to have there.
Both good players and an area of the squad we are particularly strong.

I have high hopes for both, and thought Barisic was outstanding against us. Don’t think he’s had a great game for us yet. He may just be taking a bit of time to adjust to a different style of football.

Grezda came on for about 10 minutes. Hard to judge him on that display but look forward to more from him in the coming weeks. Some pace I did notice and needs time to get to know his team mates.

Barisic was a solid 6/10 today. If he was poor we would have been discussing it. He had a okay game.

It’s good when you come on to threads like this late. Starts off with a white hot flash of fury at some of the idiotic statements but as you read on and see the majority are slaughtering said statements, your faith is restored.

Grezda came on for about 10 minutes. Hard to judge him on that display but look forward to more from him in the coming weeks. Some pace I did notice and needs time to get to know his team mates.

Barisic was a solid 6/10 today. If he was poor we would have been discussing it. He had a okay game.

That was Grezda’s first game since May. I think he will need a good few weeks until we see him at his best mate.

Some are right though. Barisic hasn't shown his form in the two matches against us in a blue shirt yet.

Back