Barisic / Halliday

I thought Barisic did well last night and certainly seemed to get involved a lot more than he had been doing recently.

I love Andy Halliday and his finish for his goal was terrific but we need to stick with Barisic.

Borna has shown enough to suggest he’ll be a very good full back for us.

Borna was tentative and passive initially. I was a little harsh in my assessment of his previous match but his display was miles beneath him as a player / Ranger.

There was a passage of play on about 25 minutes where he had a team mate closer to the ball but decided ‘ma baw’, hared into a challenge and bullied the Kilmarnock player off the ball leading to us putting Alfredo through.

That’s what a Rangers player has to do, its a non negotiable, you must take responsibility, every opponent you play its their Cup Final, you cannot be passive.

He had about 6 other moments after that, both in and out of possession.

Well done. Much needed.

Andy Halliday looked great.

Barisic had a good game before he came off. Lots of overlapping runs that he hadn't been doing previously and this allowed Kent to get into good areas. Halliday succeeded because he tucks in a bit more and become another midfielder, effectively. By that point Killie were dead because we had pressed them and stretched them to death.

Borna was tentative and passive initially. I was a little harsh in my assessment of his previous match but his display was miles beneath him as a player / Ranger.

There was a passage of play on about 25 minutes where he had a team mate closer to the ball but decided ‘ma baw’, hared into a challenge and bullied the Kilmarnock player off the ball leading to us putting Alfredo through.

That’s what a Rangers player has to do, its a non negotiable, you must take responsibility, every opponent you play its their Cup Final, you cannot be passive.

He had about 6 other moments after that, both in and out of possession.

Well done. Much needed.

Andy Halliday looked great.
I missed the game last night, but it's good to hear this part above. This sort of drive and aggression has been exactly what he has been missing.

Barisic didn't really do much wrong - but he didn't really do much right either. He was just there, going about his business, no massive umphhh about him.

Now i'm not suggesting Halliday is the better mid-long term solution over Barisic, but when he came on, the reason he got that goal was his enthusiasm and drive to get into the position, something Barisic didn't really offer. he just hugged the touchline and sort of went about his business doing what he needed to do to get through the match.

It was fine last night because we weren't tested, especially when they went down to 10 men. However a performance similar to last night in a tougher game would have left us with potentially a man down.

Like I say though, you can't point at him and say he had a bad game, you just can't really point at him at all though, really.

Looks shot of confidence. Any time he received the ball he stopped, turned and played it back to worral. Therefore he slowed play down a lot, meanwhile at the other side Tav was driving at them. I'd expect halliday to start at Hamilton.
People have been saying this for the last few games about Halliday starting, but aside from the cup games (last night aside), Barisic has started every league game when fit and I'd be surprised if he didn't play on Sunday.

Halliday's done more than a job for us this season and has proven an able back up but Barisic is our best option there IMO. It's unfortunate he seems to have become the latest whipping boy, especially when he had a good game last night

Only thing Halliday done that Barisic didn't was score, but Barisic put great deliveries in all night and won the ball back up the pitch quite a few times
All I have seen so far is the 10 min. Highlight Video posted on here yesterday,and honestly
Barisic was shown blootering the ball everywhere but where it was supposed to go.
I'm a huge Andy fan.:p

Back