Barisic potentially picked up a knock?

Gmcg95

I’m up at Argyle House for lunch this afternoon, seen the team come in to pick up their cars. Most noticeably Borna Barisic was 30/40 mins later leaving than everyone else and he came out of the tunnel limping heavily - must have been getting physio for a knock he picked up last night?

Hopefully he is OK as we can’t afford to have another key player injured for this run of games.

I’m up at Argyle House for lunch this afternoon, seen the team come in to pick up their cars. Most noticeably Borna Barisic was 30/40 mins later leaving than everyone else and he came out of the tunnel limping heavily - must have been getting physio for a knock he picked up last night?

Hopefully he is OK as we can’t afford to have another key player injured for this run of games.

He was doing the presser

The limp is more of a concern that his late departure (due to doing the Press Conference). He has a couple of days to shake it off.

I felt he was moving gingerly towards the end last night. Saw him stretching a few times. Maybe the hamstring I thought?

I think if there was any issue from last night's game he wouldn't have been chosen to do the press conference, any amount of other players could have done it instead

That doesn't mean he isn't injured does it?
I didn't say it did. It does explain though why he was later than the other players picking up his car.

Gary McAllisters quotes from the presser do probably mean that he isn't injured though.

Was injured on Croatia duty and should never have played against Red Imps.

Think we got away with that one, but he’s definitely had a mini dip in form since the international break as was suggested on this week’s H&H flagship pod.

Well he’ll be out for atleast a few weeks if he was “heavily limping” today........

The guys only reporting what he saw mate.

He doesn't sound from the presser that he is injured but it's hardly crime of the century to jump on and say you saw one of our players come out later than the others and he was limping.

The guys only reporting what he saw mate.

He doesn't sound from the presser that he is injured but it's hardly crime of the century to jump on and say you saw one of our players come out later than the others and he was limping.

I’m not denying what the guy saw. But if Barisic was “heavily limping” (as suggested) he’ll be out of Sunday for sure and probably next midweek.....

from what little i have seen of shirley, i wouldnt be too worried if he played on sunday instead of borna. going forward, i wouldnt mind some of our real regulars like tav, goldso, borna getting the odd game off. lets face it Bassey, Patterson. Edmundsen/Balogun will get better from more minutes on the pitch than the bench and wont let us down.

Defo got a knock playing for Croatia and soldiered on like warriors do!!

Quite literally what we don’t want, surely that’s why brought in Bassey?

It’s an admirable stance and there’s plenty to be said for it, but there was no need whatsoever for him to play against Red Imps at least.

gn32.png

He's been carrying a knock since he came back from last international break. You could see him in the background after hibs game hobbling away.

Back