Barisic update from the manager

Give him a rest to recover anyway.

Bassey will be just fine. Tailor made for the SPL.

I have this vision of him at least once a season rampaging from our own half just barging all the way through on goal, everyone bouncing off him, leading to a goal from him or someone else

Love Barisic but always get the fear anytime he tackles or gets tackled, he seems to pick up impact injuries more than others. At least Bassey is showing signs that he is a decent replacement, looks to be another good find by the scouting team.

In an ironic way, having Bassey on the field in last 30 mins and not Baricis was a blessing.

That area of pitch was worst affected by rainfall and Bassey didn't try to over-complicate with too many passes or link up as much as Borna usually does.

Instead, Bassey just used his strengths to combat the conditions, power and pace and I believe that was more effective in the closing stages of the game...

I thought so too. I didnt want to say it but we looked better with Bassey. No criticism of Barisic but Bassey was more effective.
Let's not go too overboard.

We're talking about a young raw inexperienced player compared to Croatia's first choice who has unreal stats for assists and clean sheets.

Bassey looks a real find, but there's no doubt who is our number 1 left back.

Let's not go too overboard.

We're talking about a young raw inexperienced player compared to Croatia's first choice who has unreal stats for assists and clean sheets.

Bassey looks a real find, but there's no doubt who is our number 1 left back.

I was referring to last night's game.

In an ironic way, having Bassey on the field in last 30 mins and not Baricis was a blessing.

That area of pitch was worst affected by rainfall and Bassey didn't try to over-complicate with too many passes or link up as much as Borna usually does.

Instead, Bassey just used his strengths to combat the conditions, power and pace and I believe that was more effective in the closing stages of the game...

I was thinking the same watching the game.
He was a superb out ball to relieve pressure and defended well too. A tremendous 45 minutes in those conditions, he also created a couple of great chances out of nothing.
Looks a great prospect, as he also showed at Fir Park, just needs games to develop.

Quite happy for Borna to be given the weekend off and focus on returning for Lech Poznan.

Bassey was tremendous last night, so would love to see him again versus Livingston.

The value of Bassey should not be underestimated. It was so good to be in a position where we didn't have to take any chances with Borna last night.

Don’t think you can pull players out of the squad then play them in your next league game ?
You can. The only reason NI blocked Lafferty was because of how he handled it. I’m sure the correct communication between the club and Croatia over injury concerns would’ve ensured they didn’t block him from playing

Bassey was very good last night and looks like he will be a worthy successor to Barisic if he moves on in the next year or two but I want Borna back asap.

Bassey is still a wee bit raw and I just love those crosses from Barisic too much.

I have this vision of him at least once a season rampaging from our own half just barging all the way through on goal, everyone bouncing off him, leading to a goal from him or someone else
I thought one point last night he was going to do a Whittaker in the sporting game back in the day.

I have no problems with Bassey playing for the next few games as he looks great but hopefully this is not another injury that runs on and on.

And then we all do the bouncy...........socially distanced of course.

Complete confidence in Bassey, a star in the making, no need to take risks with players with knocks when you have an able deputy ready to play.

Back