Barisic update from the manager

It's been a long time since we can give the thumbs up to any of the mainstay first team players being missing and have able first team replacements come in and fill the positions.

Its a blow to not have borna fit but anytime bassey has stepped in hes been absolutely superb. hes very direct, not affraid to attack and can pick deliver a decent cross. Im Looking forward to seeing him get 90 minutes on sunday Ps i think he learned to play football with a medicine ball, hes solid

Hope the manager mixes it up for Sunday.
Starts with Itten or Defoe.Gives JJ a run at some point.Starts Aribo from the start.
Drops Morelos to the bench.Brings back Helander, if …he is thinking of keeping Balogun- Goldson partnership for Thursday night.
In other words keeps the fringe players hungry for action, and ready when needed.
This to me was a Gerrard failing last season and the season before.
Although we have never had such a strong squad as what we have now.

Even if Borna was not injured I actually thought that Calvin Bassey was more than due a game on Sunday. I also think that Jordan Jones is due a start. We had5e a strong squad and we should use it.

Theres no need to rush him back as CB is more than capable of stepping into BB position.
Would rather give the lad a few games and get BB back than rush him and be out for longer

Really impressed with the guys that came in Bassey and big Leon were superb. How refreshing it is to have players coming on just as good as the ones they replaced. Just hope we can keep everyone fit and up to speed in terms of match fitness.
Not sure what the protocol is but I wonder if they keep the team split into two groups? Ie - McGregor doesn’t train alongside McLaughlin in case one tests positive

I think Bassey had his best game for us on Thursday and in terrible conditions. He does seem to get caught every now and then with a ball over his head - used to be called ball watching but no doubt they have a new name for it now.

Back