Barisic

MilngavieLoyal

Got heavy stick from many on here last week, one being myself and ended up with a sin bin because of it.

Again, at half time, the match thread was calling for Borna to be taken off.

Thought he played well tonight, grew into the game in the second half and ended up with 2 assists, if you want to count the cross for the penalty.

Just wish his confidence is always there, because what an impact he can make.

Such a difficult one because he’s been so poor domestically but is always capable of providing like tonight.

Yilmaz will maybe help get that huge drop in standards out of Barisic this season.

Was everyone watching the same game tonight?

Mr safety yet again. Every ball he received either went inside or back. Even towards the end he done his usual thing of backing off the winger and giving them about 20 yards on him.

He needs replaced pronto.
He had time and space ahead of him time and again, he can drive forward but he invariably goes inside or backwards.

It is very frustrating. I think he needs confidence and hopefully Ridvan will be breathing down his neck to bring it out of him.

I thought he was quite negative in the 1st half but second half he played very well. I thought he had messed up the cross for the winner. It looked like he had just hit it straight up in the air.

Both full backs are starting too deep.

That's a management decision.

It is clear Borna would be much happier further up the park, where losing the ball doesn't cost as much. I think he is very cautious in his own half, but very aggressive in the opposition half.

Got heavy stick in the match thread,but the lad done good,2 assists and defended simple.. maybee we should lay off players
Got heavy stick from many on here last week, one being myself and ended up with a sin bin because of it.

Thought he played well tonight, grew into the game in the second half and ended up with 2 assists, if you want to count the cross for the penalty.

Thought he was 6/10. Time and time again he slows down a move because he turns inside and and plays the simple pass! Lacks the balls to play for this club! Chase him!!

Mr safety yet again. Every ball he received either went inside or back. Even towards the end he done his usual thing of backing off the winger and giving them about 20 yards on him.

Yup it was either turn back and play it to centre back or lump it in to box from about 40 yards away.

Fair play, that paid off twice tonight but it's not going to be good enough long term.

Yup it was either turn back and play it to centre back or lump it in to box from about 40 yards away.

Fair play, that paid off twice tonight but it's not going to be good enough long term.

Both crosses ended up causing defensive errors so I guess you can give him some credit there?

Hoping for a defender to randomly handball it or a keeper to have a brain fart isn't sustainable though.

I said after about 15 minutes he was going to be key as they were giving him so much room because they were concentrating on Kent. He fired in a lot of dangerous quality balls from more of a deep position but it was obviously effective.

Still lacking something though as he keeps turning inside - almost like he has been told not to bomb forward but I doubt that is actually the case.

He was my MOTM.
Cuts back a lot which can frustrate the support, but sometimes with such a deep defence there is nowhere to go.
Kent had a poor match tonight, but Barasic looked up for it.
He should have cut that cross out at the end.
But still my MOTM.

I said after about 15 minutes he was going to be key as they were giving him so much room because they were concentrating on Kent. He fired in a lot of dangerous quality balls from more of a deep position but it was obviously effective.

Still lacking something though as he keeps turning inside - almost like he has been told not to bomb forward but I doubt that is actually the case.

They were giving him so much space because they know he won't get at players and commit them. Whereas when Tav got it two of them were over right away.

MOTM shouts are mental fs.

They were giving him so much space because they know he won't get at players and commit them. Whereas when Tav got it two of them were over right away.

MOTM shouts are mental fs.
Really, then who?
Despite the win, we weren't particularly good tonight, so in my opinion, Barasic with two assists and a decent game just edges it.

It must be a management decision surely.

Tav almost has free reign on the right, so maybe Gio has told him to retain possession, especially if he looks to Kent and there's 3 players on him, likely why Tav can bomb up and down all day.

It must be a management decision surely.

Tav almost has free reign on the right, so maybe Gio has told him to retain possession, especially if he looks to Kent and there's 3 players on him, likely why Tav can bomb up and down all day.

Doubt it because you can see his teammates getting frustrated with him when he does it.

It's a confidence thing. Play the simple pass and keep the crowd off his back. We need better.

Thought he didn’t have a great game, but amazingly he played his part in 2 of our goals.

I just feel he is terrified of the ball sometimes and can’t wait to get rid of it. More often than not it’s a back pass even when he’s got loads of space and could do something more positive with the ball.

I like Borna, but he’s not the Borna we know he can be.

I’d argue, penalty aside, he was better all round than Tav tonight.

Back 4 weren’t great as a unit, hopefully they settle themselves down!

Thought they gave the ball away too easily and too often. They all did. Difficult for any one of them to b*ll*ck the others.

Regardless of how frustrating his general play is if he didn’t start tonight we don’t go through.

Absolutely no way of knowing that so it's a strange claim.

For all you know Yilmaz could've had 3 assists.

He had time and space ahead of him time and again, he can drive forward but he invariably goes inside or backwards.

It is very frustrating. I think he needs confidence and hopefully Ridvan will be breathing down his neck to bring it out of him.
I think it will have a negative effect on him. His confidence is at a low and putting more pressure on him will make him play the easy ball more often.

Only one of our back 4 not guilty of giving the ball away cheaply time after time.

There were moments tonight when I thought we were shocking in possession.

Constantly plays the safe option and that can’t happen at rangers. Never seen such a fragile player for us in a long time.

He needs to change it up sometimes and look to play back but make a run into the inside left channel. It will also free up space for Kent.

Only one of our back 4 not guilty of giving the ball away cheaply time after time.

We'll get punished by PSV if we give away possession in some of the dangerous positions we did tonight. Goldson and Sands did it a few times.

Aye, that's because he never tries a killer pass.

I could play left back for Rangers if my only job was receiving the ball then passing it back to the centre back.

Aye, that's because he never tries a killer pass.

I could play left back for Rangers if my only job was receiving the ball then passing it back to the centre back.
Bit harsh on think, given his contribution tonight.

Let's agree to disagree and enjoy the result.

Absolutely no way of knowing that so it's a strange claim.

For all you know Yilmaz could've had 3 assists.
Difference between possible and likely.

Eitherway what we did witness was Barisic have a pivotal say in us being a bawhair away from the CL.

Deserves a lot of credit for tonight.

The 'punt' into the area worked for him, he should try it more often, we have the players to take advantage.

Great 'punt' I might add.

Back