Barisic

USG made a massive choice to let him have to ball with zero pressure in the first half. That game plan worked. Second half Lawrence moved over to support him.

Borna didn’t hit the byline once tonight.

Extremely poor in the first half followed by a decent performance in the second.

Look forward to Yilmaz getting up to speed.

It's frustrating when he has grass in front if him and turns back. That's what annoys me, his talent is never in doubt though.

Perhaps he is under instructions from the manager not to bomb forward?

Personally I don’t think he’s fully recovered from the injury he had that kept him out the Euros or it has somehow permanently restricted him in some way.

Regardless, he played well tonight but now McGregor is out the team the usual suspects need someone to vent their mouth foaming fury at.

Difference between possible and likely.

Eitherway what we did witness was Barisic have a pivotal say in us being a bawhair away from the CL.

Deserves a lot of credit for tonight.

OK here's a question then, would you be happy if that was his level of performance every week?

Personally I don’t think he’s fully recovered from the injury he had that kept him out the Euros or it has somehow permanently restricted him in some way.

Regardless, he played well tonight but now McGregor is out the team the usual suspects need someone to vent their mouth foaming fury at.

Jesus christ, are we honestly still using that as an excuse? Not recovered from a minor knock over a year ago?

Come off it man.

He was decent tonight but you sense the crowd are just waiting on a mistake to get the pitch forks out! Seen 7 different players lose possession or turn the wrong way or play the wrong pass only borna gets it in the neck tho! With exception of sands and his few dodgy moments which quite rightly were hounded!

Was everyone watching the same game tonight?

Mr safety yet again. Every ball he received either went inside or back. Even towards the end he done his usual thing of backing off the winger and giving them about 20 yards on him.

He needs replaced pronto.

Who with?

OK here's a question then, would you be happy if that was his level of performance every week?

Jesus christ, are we honestly still using that as an excuse? Not recovered from a minor knock over a year ago?

Come off it man.
Would I be happy if he had a say in two goals every week?

Come on hahaha

Would I be happy if he had a say in two goals every week?

Come on hahaha

A defender doing a stupid handball and keeper making that sort of error isn't going to happen every week though. So would you be happy with his performance tonight if he played like that every week?

Who with?

Tough one mate...maybe the new left back we just signed for nearly 5 million?

The difference between him and Tav is stark.

Tav gets the ball and his first thought is to drive forward. Borna's first thought is how can I get rid of the ball...either an inside pass or a cross from 50 yards.
Borna was far better than tav tonight ..but seems to be the wiping boy for the support ..tavs passing was poor tonight ..how many times did him and goldson have their hands in the air apologising for slack play ..just as well it wasn't punished tonight ..against better teams we might not be so lucky

A defender doing a stupid handball and keeper making that sort of error isn't going to happen every week though. So would you be happy with his performance tonight if he played like that every week?

Doesn't look ready yet the £5M player although I heard it was £3.5M.

Got heavy stick from many on here last week, one being myself and ended up with a sin bin because of it.

Again, at half time, the match thread was calling for Borna to be taken off.

Thought he played well tonight, grew into the game in the second half and ended up with 2 assists, if you want to count the cross for the penalty.

Just wish his confidence is always there, because what an impact he can make.
Got heavy stick from many on here last week, one being myself and ended up with a sin bin because of it.

Thought he played well tonight, grew into the game in the second half and ended up with 2 assists, if you want to count the cross for the penalty.

Stood up and was counted and assist for third goal

He was getting stick in the match thread for passing back the way but it was difficult trying to get through that packed defence.

I thought he was fine tonight. Put some dangerous balls into the box.

He put good balls into dangerous areas.

Same with the cross for Colak when he was marginally offside that went between the keeper and defenders.

The stick you’re giving him based on tonight’s performance is unfair imo.

Borna was far better than tav tonight ..but seems to be the wiping boy for the support ..tavs passing was poor tonight ..how many times did him and goldson have their hands in the air apologising for slack play ..just as well it wasn't punished tonight ..against better teams we might not be so lucky

One fullback was constantly trying to drive forward and create, the other was getting the ball and getting rid as soon as he could.

At one point Tav was screaming at Barisic.

He put good balls into dangerous areas.

Same with the cross for Colak when he was marginally offside that went between the keeper and defenders.

The stick you’re giving him based on tonight’s performance is unfair imo.

Not just based on tonight though is it?

Mr safety yet again. Every ball he received either went inside or back. Even towards the end he done his usual thing of backing off the winger and giving them about 20 yards on him.

He did but you could see him growing in confidence the second half and he got a lot better going forward.

Yes I’d be very happy if he had a say in two goals every week.

£5m quid and potentially more thanks to two balls he put in tonight, thanks doesn’t begin to cover it for me.

Pretty decent second choice left back.

One fullback was constantly trying to drive forward and create, the other was getting the ball and getting rid as soon as he could.

At one point Tav was screaming at Barisic.

Not just based on tonight though is it?

Did you watch the game on a dodgy stream, as that wasn’t what happened tonight

Tav his penalty aside was our worst defender tonight.

Spending the summer bulking up has done him no favours, runs like he is towing a caravan. Cant get up by the last man is yet to get back goal side of a man if the attacker gets in front. Is two yards short of his pace from last season.

He looks for the safe pass all too often for my liking, and seems to have developed a shitebag mentality. I just wish he’d be more gallus and have more belief in himself.

When the going gets tough he is a massively different player. If he’s not feeling confident he is a liability.

Mate, come on tae %^*&

It was his FORWARD crosses that got us the penalty and the 3rd goal

If you are going to slag some other fans off then at least don't post something as stupid as you just did.

He looks likes he's lost a bit of pace, and he was never the quickest to begin with.

Maybe he knows he can't get by the opponents due to it so rather than risk losing the ball he keeps it?

I’d argue, penalty aside, he was better all round than Tav tonight.

Back 4 weren’t great as a unit, hopefully they settle themselves down!
Tav was off the pace tonight.
Borna played well, Kent's lack of movement in first half didn't help.
Outstanding in second half.

Did you watch the game on a dodgy stream, as that wasn’t what happened tonight

Tav his penalty aside was our worst defender tonight.

Spending the summer bulking up has done him no favours, runs like he is towing a caravan. Cant get up by the last man is yet to get back goal side of a man if the attacker gets in front. Is two yards short of his pace from last season.

He got by the last man fine to help create the 2nd goal.

People are being ultra kind to him. It's human nature to defend a great guy. But ultimately he is not going to be in our side if we want to progress. He knows it and most of us do too. Awful tonight

Defensively he’s absolutely solid, lacks confidence at times going forward but not helped by the lack of space.

Seen it all now.

Mate, come on tae %^*&

It was his FORWARD crosses that got us the penalty and the 3rd goal

If you are going to slag some other fans off then at least don't post something as stupid as you just did.

He punts aimless crosses into the box from deep far too often. He does this because it's an easy option. Tonight it worked because their defender decided he was a keeper and their keeper forgot he could jump for Tillman's goal.

That isn't sustainable.

I thought he started the game okay and was putting over useful crosses. Then about halfway through the 1st half he took pelters from the crowd for a backwards pass. This seemed to force him into his shell and was overly cautious the remainder of the half. Second period he seem much more lively again. It helps when the forwards are getting into position for him and often our strikers were sitting too deep for a cross ball.

Barisic is really hot or cold, if he's at it what a player, if he's not - well we've all seen.

He was a bit slow at times tonight, hesitated now and again, getting caught a few times in the high block with no escape.

But, overall, a much better performance and more of the Borna we're used to.

At what point tonight was he not solid defensively? He dealt with every high ball, nobody got by him.

Your obsessive hatred of a Rangers player is a bit weird to be honest.

Towards the end he gave the winger a 20 yard run at him and failed to stop the cross into the box. Something we've seen with Barisic far too often in his Rangers career.

I don't hate the guy at all, he's just not good enough for us going forward. The drop in quality between having Bassey and having Barisic is frightening.

If you're happy with a Rangers player who constantly plays within himself or retreats into his shell if the crowd get a bit agitated then fair play, not for me though.

Seen it all now.

He punts aimless crosses into the box from deep far too often. He does this because it's an easy option. Tonight it worked because their defender decided he was a keeper and their keeper forgot he could jump for Tillman's goal.

That isn't sustainable.

So he didn't pass every ball back or inside like your post said?

Glad you cleared that up and are now changing the goalposts on your criticism of him.

BTW, every goal could be prevented if the opponents make better decisions, so I hope to see this same analysis for every goal we score in order to slate the creator

Said it another thread, Barisic needs to have a 10/10 performance to get any sort of credit from some people in our support now. He took a hit in the first half and some idiot near me shouted about how he had clearly shat himself again.

He was excellent tonight. I'd have had him as my man of the match to be honest.

He was one of our best players last night. He is a whipping boy to a section of our support right now.

I would love to know how folk think moaning and groaning at a player helps the team.

Does my nut in.

He was shocking 1st half, deserved to be taken off. Not pushing forward, turning back inside for the easy pass and offering nothing.

Improved 2nd half.

Said it another thread, Barisic needs to have a 10/10 performance to get any sort of credit from some people in our support now. He took a hit in the first half and some idiot near me shouted about how he had clearly shat himself again.

He was excellent tonight. I'd have had him as my man of the match to be honest.
MOTM, your at it.

Our poorest player last night.

MOTM, your at it.

Our poorest player last night.
Absolute nonsense. Put countless good balls into the box throughout the game and I can't recall a time they got in behind him.

An assist and put the ball in from the penalty, he's the whipping boy for our fans.

Receive ball, turn inside, pass to CB x 100000

That was his 1st half, it was pathetic.
Live crowd was getting annoyed at his performance according to @David Edgar

The crowd were getting annoyed if he turned back but he only did it when there wasn't a pass on for him. He didn't pass backwards or inside any more than Tavernier did.

If Tav put in the performance Borna did last night the whole support would be creaming themselves about it.

The crowd were getting annoyed if he turned back but he only did it when there wasn't a pass on for him. He didn't pass backwards or inside any more than Tavernier did.

If Tav put in the performance Borna did last night the whole support would be creaming themselves about it.
Mate, he did it every time he got the ball, Tav did nothing of the sort.

No idea what game you were watching.

He did improve 2nd half but he was our worst player last night.

The match thread is not a barometer for what a player is doing. It is full of absolutely hysterical posters talking utter shite.

People calling for him to be taken off at half time should wrap watching football.

Mate, he did it every time he got the ball, Tav did nothing of the sort.

No idea what game you were watching.

He did improve 2nd half but he was our worst player last night.
How did he manage to put the ball in for the penalty then? He also put in another three or four crosses in the first half that created chances.

He was far superior to Tav last night, and I say that as someone who loves Tav. The criticism of Barisic from last night is utterly bizarre but neither of us are going to change our opinion so no point carrying this on.

With Livi and last night Bornas first half gets slated and having had them take place in front of me I put a lot of the blame for both on Kent. In both games he’s hidden and ran into the defenders than make space and Borna then has to turn back and we hear groans at him. Last night we had Tav getting turned and beaten constantly at the halfway line and there’s no thread about that. Why even after a 3-0 win there’s threads having a go at several players isn’t about Rangers standards, it’s about this weird obsession with needing a whipping boy that I Just don’t get

Back